Alberta’s Distracted Driving Legislation goes into effect September 1st

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
What about all the police I see on their cell phones calling each other to tell where the shortest Tim's line up is? Try proving that a cop was on the phone while driving. Marked man unless you get a picture of it......

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now you will see people rushing to the side of the road to take a call. Frankly, not super safe manouvering.

I noticed this a bunch more when it kicked in around these parts.

It's been law in Saskatchewan for a couple years now and you still see people yakking on handhelds and driving, everywhere.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let an enormous beer fart go in the truck this morning - brought so many tears to my eyes that I couldn't see straight, and started swerving......$272 later I can tell you that farting is on the distracted driving list! :(

Oh crap! Diet Coke all over the keyboard. That's reeeeeeall good material there Pistonbroke.LOL.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been law in Saskatchewan for a couple years now and you still see people yakking on handhelds and driving, everywhere.

Is there even police cars in saskatchewan highways to see anybody? I'm wrong, they could spot you in binoculars an hour away hiding behind a highway sign in Yellow Grass, Sask. lol

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
omg thats too funny, just about pissed myself reading this one :D

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty soon driving a girl on dates will be illegal.... oh those low cut shirts

not to mention talking to passengers will also become illegal

i don't know about you but i didnt see anyone changing their driving habits today.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres an app for the BB called drive carefullythat reads the texts for you, don't know about replying though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see that if u stop on the side of the road to answer or make a call its illegal too.............. wtf do they want us to do???? drive 1 mile down a gravel road to do it.... just stupid

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yesterday I had a few people that were in the outside lanes suddenly pull into my lane and then turn off the road. I had to hit my brakes quite hard, and the same for the people all around me. He pulled over and then was on his phone. If you don't have a hands free system would suggest getting one, this hold on while I pull over will cause some accidents as well.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see that if u stop on the side of the road to answer or make a call its illegal too.............. wtf do they want us to do???? drive 1 mile down a gravel road to do it.... just stupid

Get a handsfree bluetooth device?

Conspiricy!!!! Bluetooth and Alberta are in bed together! Follow the paper trail!!!

Not really

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buetooth thinger cost ~$60 or some such. Was significantly cheaper than even one ticket. Heck, work has me driving around a bunch and they covered the cost. Sure it sounds shitty, and if you forget to turn it off it dies, and my ol lady tossed out the power cord, but damn does it work great at avoiding giving the government more money.

Motorola 89394N 89394N T325 Portable Bluetooth Car Speaker: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Top Bottom