Alberta’s Distracted Driving Legislation goes into effect September 1st

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh crap! Diet Coke all over the keyboard. That's reeeeeeall good material there Pistonbroke.LOL.

Fawk - you shoulda seen the look on the cop's face when I rolled down my window to talk to him! "Hello sir, do you know why I sto......JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST - WTF DID YOU EAT BOY?" :alol2:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vlingo works on an Iphone. I haven't paid for the SMS & Email version ($6.99) I've used the free version though.
I have a Blueant hands-free unit that clips to my visor. It works really well. Don't need to touch the phone or the Blueant at all to make or receive calls.
I tried the in the ear bluetooth (cockroach) but never liked it. This one makes it easier for my wife to add her opinion from the passenger seat as well.

blueants4-2.jpg

Attachments

• blueant.jpg
    blueant.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

HighSpeedLowDrag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lifelong habit of putting my hand to my ear to pretend I'm on the phone when meeting any vehicle which could be a cop in case they are looking for seatbelts.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alberta’s fine is $325 and 2 demerits

At least it was 2 years ago when I got one

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a guy that works for us that has a distracted driving charge. Our insurance will not insure him to drive our equipment. They see it as bad as a dui

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK so I guess they are still doing it. It sure doesn't seem to be working. Just drive down the Henday in Edmonton, 50% of people are on their phones while they're driving

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK so I guess they are still doing it. It sure doesn't seem to be working. Just drive down the Henday in Edmonton, 50% of people are on their phones while they're driving

It's better to congregate at a church that is disobeying covid restrictions or wave pride flags in a parade, or go protect drag shows. The cops could cleaning up big time, like you said, just pull up to any traffic light and look around, it's constant.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy get a cell phone ticket in Saskatoon a few weeks ago,,, 560$ and 4 points ,,, Don't want to get any of them!!
There is quite a few faktards in Etown that need this these IMO! fawkingh tired of it really light is 15 sec.s and it take them 5+ to put the phone down and then don't make the light, like fawk off all ready. Get a bus pass FFS!

Top Bottom