Holy fawk-----h+s programmer

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL about the wipers. My truck was being wonky the other day, turning my ipod on when i went to hi beam (sometimes) and chit like that. so goofy.

Ok I thought I should be able to change it in the menu's but i could not find it anywhere in there! Do you recall which menu option(s) you went into to get there?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Finally got my big ole black dodge minimaxed and dpf delete and egr delete finished(stock muffler/tailpipe and stock air filter system)..... Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but what a difference in gas mileage, power and responsiveness.......... Will be doing the trans upgrade next :)

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont think i see the gas mileage improvement unfortunately :/ maybe i need to adjust my foot :p

Lol! My highway mileage in my ford went 5L/100km better when I did it last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea ill hafta run down the highway at 110-115 and watch the numbers. not much of anything is going to make the gas mileage better for the first 300km out of town :(

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better make sure your warranty is up when you chip it, the engine just went on my dads h&s 11 f350 with only 100,000kms on it and 10,000 to fix the one cylinder and the dealer won't warranty it cause it's chipped. The engine failure was not even from the chip it was faulty bearings but since it has been chipped no chance of getting it on warranty.

Sent from a iPhone

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tooo late. i just rolled 100k on my dmax. figured that was enough i didnt wanna go another sled season without my mods. i know chances are slim of coverage w the chip, but ive heard they have to be able to prove it was the programmer. i usually run on wild and dont push it to hard. highway im gonna run mild, as well as town all winter, a friend found mild better highway mileage than wild w his dmax. sure miss the power tho when u drop down!

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the hot tune on my '12 dmax and love it! The hot tune gives me the best mileage so that is what I run. It reacts to the way you treat it. I went a little nuts the first few days I had it tuned and got it out of my system. Now i just drive it normally. my truck currently has 22,000kms on it and has been tuned since 15,000kms and have never looked back.

hurt'in albertan2

Reaction score
put one in my 2005 duramax and it made a big difference 6 liters per 100kms difference and the power is quite noticeable love it should have done it a long time ago.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the edge evo race in my truck since 22000 kms and am now at 155000 kms zero issues. I run lvl 2 in the summer for towing and lvl 3 in winter for better mileage.
I have a 2007.5 Dmax.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tooo late. i just rolled 100k on my dmax. figured that was enough i didnt wanna go another sled season without my mods. i know chances are slim of coverage w the chip, but ive heard they have to be able to prove it was the programmer. i usually run on wild and dont push it to hard. highway im gonna run mild, as well as town all winter, a friend found mild better highway mileage than wild w his dmax. sure miss the power tho when u drop down!

X2 and heard that they had paid out even knowing it was chipped, fight it...........

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well according to h&s website..

"Tire size can only be adjusted during the install download process"

same as the removal of your govern, which i dont recall if mine has removed or not.

May be different on the dodges but thats what comes up for my gmc.

Soo.. now to figure out how to uninstall and re-install. what a pita!!

butters

Reaction score
H&S mini max with the trans tune, 4" turbo back AFE exhaust with muffler, S&B CAI, on 2011 3500 cummins with 6 inch lift and 35 inch mud tires. I went from 600 km per tank @110 km\h when it was new to dam close to 1000km per tank @ 110 km\h at 80,000 km. running it on no power gain has loads more torque than stock. As for the reliability.... Warm it up well, dont drive like you stole it..run fuel conditioner..keep the de rates where they should be and you wont have a problem. Even once this engine was broke in stock was a whole new power plant. can take up to 65,000 km if your not towing and not making the diesel work like it was made to. Or as quick as 25,000 if your using it to its full potential and loading the engine down making it really work.

spikeydave

Reaction score
If that is the case the dealer has to warranty it as the laws state that the only way they can deny warranty work is if the modification actually caused the damage. The crappy thing is that it takes time so we either have the vehicle sit and contact the right people possibly lawyer or we pay the money and fight to get it back. We all know the vehicle companies have the money to fight but if we all take a stand than maybe they will stop this No Warranty BS if we make some mods.

This is for the guy thats father had motor issues at 100k

Last edited:

krazy c

Reaction score
Just put the mini max, 4" TBE, EGR delete on my 2010 dodge 3500. Have noticed a big diference in power and fuel milage already! Wish i would have done this right after the truck was broke in. I think i will be doing the auto overdrive trans tune tomorrow to get the truck to shift a little better. Need a cold air intake aswell and then i should be ready to make some good mountain trips!! HOPEFULLY SOON

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just put the mini max, 4" tbe, egr delete on my 2010 dodge 3500. Have noticed a big diference in power and fuel milage already! Wish i would have done this right after the truck was broke in. I think i will be doing the auto overdrive trans tune tomorrow to get the truck to shift a little better. Need a cold air intake aswell and then i should be ready to make some good mountain trips!! Hopefully soon

the stock air filter boxes are quite efficient, especially if you keep a clean air filter in it, or put the replacement k&n filter inside the box.......

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
the stock air filter boxes are quite efficient, especially if you keep a clean air filter in it, or put the replacement k&n filter inside the box.......

Yup you can also pull the turbo silencer baffle out tube that goes from the box to the turbo then it's a straight shot from the filter to the turbo about a foot and a half

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally getting my new truck tomorrow or hope the lastest on Monday. So do I have to wait till it is broken in before installing the H&S mini max, Is the H&S egr delete a good one to use and what level kit or 2/3 inch lift works on the 2012 dodge the best. THX

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally getting my new truck tomorrow or hope the lastest on Monday. So do I have to wait till it is broken in before installing the H&S mini max, Is the H&S egr delete a good one to use and what level kit or 2/3 inch lift works on the 2012 dodge the best. THX
I would almost wait a few thousand kms to make sure the truck is not a lemon and wont have to go to the dealer. Once mine started to throw o2 codes and the dealer visits became a waste of my time i did the deletes. I went with a Carli system for the front of my truck and blocks and longer shocks for the rear.

Top Bottom