301758_10150762929101806_688906805_9808816_247961872_n.jpg
576560_10150762928776806_688906805_9808815_1952787966_n.jpg
305538_10150762928326806_688906805_9808813_330965051_n.jpg
577266_10150762927621806_688906805_9808810_1057390481_n.jpg

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, that is frigin tiny! You weren't kidding. I like it

Did you just do the delete and larger downpipe?
Did you do an egr blocker?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have done so far was the down pipe and delete. It is a 4" pipe that runs from the turbo to the factory muffler. It shuts off the egr valve. Havent done the cooler or the egr delete. Not sure I am going to unless I have issues with the cooler cracking. I was kinda worried about the cheap feel of the programmer and size of it. Wasnt sure if I could see it ok. But the bottons work well and the screen is high def so it is easy to see.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the whole truck or just the programmer and delete? lol. BIG difference between the two.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
The mini max is really small. I thought wtf when I first opened the box. I think it is actially smaller then my cell phone. I can take pics of it mounted if you want. I am happy with the choice. It was either that or the pro. I prefer being able to adjust on the fly and having it visible so I went with it. Got a bunch of defuel settings done. Have one issue with it I will have to figure out. Under full throttle it pulls hard then skips for a split second. Might do it a few times depending on how long the pull is like pulling out on the highway.

A number of things cause this. Sometimes a cold air intake will fix this but generally its fuel delivery especially on the hot tunes. The factory fuel pump cannot pump enough fuel to keep up with the extra fuelling demanded by the chip. Most high hp setups have to upgrade the fuel pumps. The trick is all in the footwork. As you learn the power curve and fuel demand, and slower acceleration will stop this. What I mean is still flooring it, but applying a relatively fast steady pressure to the floor rather than just stomping the gas pedal to the floor. Try it and I bet you will be happy.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda what I figured. It isnt a big deal, just anoying. Trying to check rail pressure but it is all over the place instead of a nice clean graph like I am used to on the laptop when checking the big engines.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if you guys have done the homework on the efi systems as efi is very user friendly! with efi you call a company that sells efi and they custom map either an ecm or tunes to download into your truck or you can play with it yourself and build your own tune or go online and download thousands of tunes others have built and but up! also with efi live if you buy the programmer and a license so $1000 you can tune another truck or several trucks and make your money back from your efi tuner Cant do that with any other chip on the market!!!!! Efi has a ton of custom programs from lope tune (sounds like a cammed up hot rod), smoke tunes, clean tunes,adjust the injector pressure,adjust the turbo vanes, you can put a turbo brake on there as well with your exhaust brake,efi is never ending possibilities and like i said call up a company that sells efi and get a custom tuned ecm keep your stock ecm then if for some reason you have an issue put your dpf and stock ecm in and there you have it a way to beat warranty!!! with my efi setup in my truck i told the guy the list of mods and he built me a custom tune for stock turbo stock tranny I have yet to slip the tranny,have a check engine light come on,or have any mechanical failure at all! My truck runs at 514 rwhp and 1007 rwtq at 32 psi of boost I have 130,000 km's on it I think efi works pretty darn good! Efi live is for trucks with full injector and fuel mods but it works amazing with stock to semi modded trucks just as well! efi is the BEST HANDS DOWN TUNNING and is the same price as H&S but with better power gains,safer power gains, and more customizing for future mods down the road! I sell H&S a lot they are great but in my opinion if you want a problem free and headache free chip that is totally custom built to YOUR truck then go efi live it truly is a industry changer and leader in diesel performance oh yeah and like mentioned you can tune your buddies truck with it as well and make big $$$$$ doing it!!!!!.

aaron_m

Reaction score
Whats this whole project cost ?

I have the complete full meal deal. H+S minimax, cold air intake, flo pro exhaust, deletes etc etc etc. Out the door was $2800.

Also was p-d off about having the mini max window mounted, then having it fall off every once and a while. Spend the $110 and have it mounted over the rear view mirror. little less handy to be fiddling with while driving, but also not there for tools to look at and possibly steal.

TRAV

Reaction score
EFI live is a great system but does not support any of the newer stuff, nothing with urea. And was only GM specific until they started supporting some of the Dodge cummins. Any urea deletes I do, I use H&S!
not sure if you guys have done the homework on the efi systems as efi is very user friendly! with efi you call a company that sells efi and they custom map either an ecm or tunes to download into your truck or you can play with it yourself and build your own tune or go online and download thousands of tunes others have built and but up! also with efi live if you buy the programmer and a license so $1000 you can tune another truck or several trucks and make your money back from your efi tuner Cant do that with any other chip on the market!!!!! Efi has a ton of custom programs from lope tune (sounds like a cammed up hot rod), smoke tunes, clean tunes,adjust the injector pressure,adjust the turbo vanes, you can put a turbo brake on there as well with your exhaust brake,efi is never ending possibilities and like i said call up a company that sells efi and get a custom tuned ecm keep your stock ecm then if for some reason you have an issue put your dpf and stock ecm in and there you have it a way to beat warranty!!! with my efi setup in my truck i told the guy the list of mods and he built me a custom tune for stock turbo stock tranny I have yet to slip the tranny,have a check engine light come on,or have any mechanical failure at all! My truck runs at 514 rwhp and 1007 rwtq at 32 psi of boost I have 130,000 km's on it I think efi works pretty darn good! Efi live is for trucks with full injector and fuel mods but it works amazing with stock to semi modded trucks just as well! efi is the BEST HANDS DOWN TUNNING and is the same price as H&S but with better power gains,safer power gains, and more customizing for future mods down the road! I sell H&S a lot they are great but in my opinion if you want a problem free and headache free chip that is totally custom built to YOUR truck then go efi live it truly is a industry changer and leader in diesel performance oh yeah and like mentioned you can tune your buddies truck with it as well and make big $$$$$ doing it!!!!!.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who did u all buy your programmers from? - nvm sourced it all out

Last edited:

nd4spd

Reaction score
you set yours on "hot" for fuel economy; is that the best setting for it? I have never used mine on that or wild as I don't want to buy a transmission yet or ever but with it in mild i get good economy for these trucks.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you set yours on "hot" for fuel economy; is that the best setting for it? I have never used mine on that or wild as i don't want to buy a transmission yet or ever but with it in mild i get good economy for these trucks.

currently have my h&s xrt pro on wild setting, with dpf still intact and sees like decent gas mileage. Will need to doo a road trip to verify increase over the mild setting. Got almost 900kms on the last tank hiway driving, empty on mild setting :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i've always run hot setting. Best fuel economy it seems. It did cost me a transmission and head gasket though
which tuner you running? The 2011's have heavier head gaskets than previous..... It was the step before the 800hp engines. Was told by a chrysler rep, shouldn't ever have to worry about head gaskets,if mildly tuned like mine. :)

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which tuner you running? The 2011's have heavier head gaskets than previous..... It was the step before the 800hp engines. Was told by a chrysler rep, shouldn't ever have to worry about head gaskets,if mildly tuned like mine. :)

Im running the black maxx. Anther thing that saves head gaskets is by not removing the EGR cooler. It's almost like it acts as a expansion tube rather then blowing the head gasket. Most cases of the blown hg on the 6.7 have a removed EGR cooler. I had the external waste gate to install but never got around to it. But ya maybe they did out better studs in, never really looked into it

blar

Reaction score
I picked mine up at Southtown Chrysler. They used to sell, install and still covered full warranty until some idiot melted his turbo and came back screaming warranty.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
the only reason why people are blowing HGs on dodges is the fact that they run on "Hot" Too much Boost and just dont let these 6.7s warm up enough. Ive got full deletes on my 2011 with smarty jr and not a problem with HG it all depends on you driving style

Top Bottom