Has There Been Failures on the PRO Yet

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Had a buddy's park it in the trailer over night and went to start it the next morning and nothing. Finally took the plugs out and found major flooding. After it was cleaned out and the plugs dried, it ran, but there must of been an injector stick open or something.

71250ford

Reaction score
is that oil tank cap only a problem not venting on the 2011 pro rmk's? my 2010 dragon seems to vent ok, i mean i top up my oil tank level before every ride out and it usually uses 1/5 to 1/4 tank of oil each ride. just wondering why polaris wouldn't use the same cap for 2011's??

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that oil tank cap only a problem not venting on the 2011 pro rmk's? my 2010 dragon seems to vent ok, i mean i top up my oil tank level before every ride out and it usually uses 1/5 to 1/4 tank of oil each ride. just wondering why polaris wouldn't use the same cap for 2011's??

they did, in fact if you look at a older sled like the 98's its the same cap. Also the same on doo's if i'm not mistaken, the cap is not polaris but another manufacture that provides to mutiple sleds i think.

polaris69

Reaction score
My new pro rocks,and i laugh at people who make a living at servicing sleds and bash the poos new offerings!! Your not doing yourself any favours spindrift ride mine then give an honest opinion?

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new pro rocks,and i laugh at people who make a living at servicing sleds and bash the poos new offerings!! Your not doing yourself any favours spindrift ride mine then give an honest opinion?

He's not bashing he's stating his experiences. By the way nice first post.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wondering why you have panties in a knot here. What i was doing was letting people know about an issue i've found so hopefully they can keep an eye on there's so that they hopefully dont have an issue. If you read some of my posts alot earlier in this thread you will see how i actually think it's a good chasis. I even put a review from a buddy that had a bunch of seat time on of the new pro-rmk's and an etec and he liked how the pro rmk went thru the snow better and he was a doo guy.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.

I had a good ride on my friends new pro poo. Really nice handling, kind of like my old XRS rev doo, but not quite. Same power as my stock M8 used to be. Had flooding problems cuz of some sort of injector sticking problem. Really nice color, but it didn't seem to help the performance. The 155 track was a bit better than my 1981 elan 121", but I don't want to go bursting anyone's bubble here. I'm not brand loyal so I really did try to like this sled and keep an open mind for at least 2 seconds, and it didn't work.... So my opinion on this sled is that if it was reliable and had some extra power, it would be a pretty good competitor in handling to a well clutched e-tec or a modded M8 or M1.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a good ride on my friends new pro poo. Really nice handling, kind of like my old XRS rev doo, but not quite. Same power as my stock M8 used to be. Had flooding problems cuz of some sort of injector sticking problem. Really nice color, but it didn't seem to help the performance. The 155 track was a bit better than my 1981 elan 121", but I don't want to go bursting anyone's bubble here. I'm not brand loyal so I really did try to like this sled and keep an open mind for at least 2 seconds, and it didn't work.... So my opinion on this sled is that if it was reliable and had some extra power, it would be a pretty good competitor in handling to a well clutched e-tec or a modded M8 or M1.

Hmmm, sounds like a little bias to me.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
fella here took out an a-arm... will have to look aftermarket cause its gonna take too long to get one.

this can happen to any sled... better to replace an a-arm than a nun

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fella here took out an a-arm... will have to look aftermarket cause its gonna take too long to get one.

this can happen to any sled... better to replace an a-arm than a nun

I stock a-arms for the dragons, rmks, and pro rmks. And we have lots in stock.

H2O

Reaction score

Sounds like someone is suffering from a little ENVY!!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Well if you aint seen a cat work well then you obviously havn't rode with me or a few of my buddies. I dont need a hairdryer, but i do usually have to open the hood of my sled multiple times a year to prove to guys that i dont have one.

I havent seen a cat work well either:d...if it doesnt have one of those fancy hair dryers on it they dont see more than my mudflap at the top of the hill...
:beer:Braap Braap:beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent seen a cat work well either:d...if it doesnt have one of those fancy hair dryers on it they dont see more than my mudflap at the top of the hill...
:beer:Braap Braap:beer:

OH yah. well like the other post says you havnt rode with one i've set-up. Cause a well tuned m1000 with a few goodies can run with pumpgas turbo'd 800's.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out yesterday and a buddy of mine has the new 11 assault and about 5 miles into the ride his sled started bogging real bad in the powderand flashing a DET? code on the gauge, eventually was only running on one cylinder. Took it into the dealership and they thought it was a bad injector. After some checking it over it was deemed to be loose conections in the wiring that controlled the fuel injection. They cleaned the connection, hooked them back up and made the connection a little harder to come loose again and shes running tip top again

dschwindt

Reaction score
From the main looks of it all looks electrical. Mine helped when i went to the non ethanol plug, still a bog once in 3 hours but its still a bog.

rockydaug

Reaction score
One thing that I found, is have the proper clutching, if you bounce of the rev limiter to much it dumps fuel in and fouls plugs really quick, and that could be causing some of these bogging issues as well.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH yah. well like the other post says you havnt rode with one i've set-up. Cause a well tuned m1000 with a few goodies can run with pumpgas turbo'd 800's.

GUMBIE when your getting resistence on the Qtip STOP PUSHING:nono:its clearly messing you up:trustme:

RMKer

Reaction score
well i think the break in program "let go" 250 miles on the machine today. After It turned over, today something changed........ IT runs wayyyy better than it has ever ran. Non ethanol plug in, and NO issues now. Were getting mislead with that 10% ethanol thing from polaris...

much quicker throttle response etc etc etc.....

Top Bottom