Gutters/Eavestrough

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here install them?

We bought a house that didn't have any and I am having a heck of a time finding someone who isn't too busy.

Parkland county/Alberta Beach area.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of places shut down for the winter on installations as the cold messes with the install and the gutters in the summer when they heat up..

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Gratzfeld Eavestroughing?
He popped by this morning unannounced haha.

Yeah I know most shut down or go to a skeleton crew. I won't have to worry about it with this cold weather coming but with this warm weather, all my steps, decks and walk ways are ice

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
He popped by this morning unannounced haha.

Yeah I know most shut down or go to a skeleton crew. I won't have to worry about it with this cold weather coming but with this warm weather, all my steps, decks and walk ways are ice
I've known Hermann for a lot of years, they are well known in the area, they used to be sledders too.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 2 quotes. One from Herman and another one from another company. Herman was over double the price. I guess I need a 3rd quote to see who is more accurate haha.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to order a leaf filter !
Those tv commercials have me worried

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 2 quotes. One from Herman and another one from another company. Herman was over double the price. I guess I need a 3rd quote to see who is more accurate haha.
Last time I got a quote the guy told me it was $5.00 per ft for 5 inch trough. So pretty easy to quote if you have a tape measure.

Jobu

Reaction score
I will Bite. What is oil canning?
Oil canning is when the metal is fabricated or installed incorrectly and flat parts of the metal end up with waves/ripples similar to a tin can. In fabrication it's typically caused by trying to use too thin of a metal over too long of a lineal span and the rigidity of the metal can't handle the span. In installation, it's usually caused by the material not being fastened correctly.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I got a quote the guy told me it was $5.00 per ft for 5 inch trough. So pretty easy to quote if you have a tape measure.
Yeah one guy is 6 a foot and the other is 9.50. Thicker gauge aluminum but still, it ends up being double all said and done. Not sure it'd worth it or not. Never dealt with this before

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get through the spring and deal with in the summer IMO. How old is the house?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm just got over a broken foot and have fell on the ice here 2x already so I'm trying to do some preventive maintenance.

I'm good on a snowboard, surf board, wake board, skates etc but I can not walk on my two damn feet haha.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah one guy is 6 a foot and the other is 9.50. Thicker gauge aluminum but still, it ends up being double all said and done. Not sure it'd worth it or not. Never dealt with this before
You have to remember what the goal is here, I haven't seen where the heavier gauge diverts the water any better.

Top Bottom