Bushpusher / Goondocker Skidoo G5 Turbo Cooker

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone have any real world experience with these? Just about completed install, have to modify some plastic, and exhaust covers. Ordered some automotive adhesive heat shield for the panels.

There is nothing to secure the pit it’s self, just floats around in the bracket. Has me wondering about rattling around or sliding out against the panel.

I’ve messaged back and forth with who I believe is the designer of it, for what I’m learning not much testing on. Hoping someone on here has some.

https://www.bushpusherdesign.com/store/p42/Skidoo_G5_Turbo_Cooker_(Apprx._$66USD).html

TIA

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone have any real world experience with these? Just about completed install, have to modify some plastic, and exhaust covers. Ordered some automotive adhesive heat shield for the panels.

There is nothing to secure the pit it’s self, just floats around in the bracket. Has me wondering about rattling around or sliding out against the panel.

I’ve messaged back and forth with who I believe is the designer of it, for what I’m learning not much testing on. Hoping someone on here has some.

https://www.bushpusherdesign.com/store/p42/Skidoo_G5_Turbo_Cooker_(Apprx._$66USD).html

TIA
Bought one last year. Never used it.
I found the Stock can cooks so well. Even steaks. 🥩 never got around to the install
Curious to hear how it works.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the Stock can cooks so well. Even steaks. 🥩 never got around to the install
Did you install one on the stock can? Where/how? Or jam it between the installation and panels?

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for cooking in the cans in general, i'd cook whatever it is beforehand and just use the "cooker" to heat your food and maybe that's what people usually do anyway.

Denali2966

Reaction score

TIA

weird, i came here to post the exact same question. I share your concern with loose can sliding around. I was also wondering if there would be any concern with melting/warping the side panel. (obviously you would probably use some heat tape in that area)

also:
For those that are putting your food against the stock can, did you remove the stock heat shield or modify it? or just kinda pull it out of the way and slide the food in?

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for cooking in the cans in general, i'd cook whatever it is beforehand and just use the "cooker" to heat your food and maybe that's what people usually do anyway.
Ya, me too, I don't use a "cooker" to cook, just to keep or get warm...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weird, i came here to post the exact same question. I share your concern with loose can sliding around. I was also wondering if there would be any concern with melting/warping the side panel. (obviously you would probably use some heat tape in that area)

also:
For those that are putting your food against the stock can, did you remove the stock heat shield or modify it? or just kinda pull it out of the way and slide the food in?

I thought that mount was a tight sliding fit of the pot into the holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali2966

Reaction score
I thought that mount was a tight sliding fit of the pot into the holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked it out at the sled show, it is a tight friction fit when new. The guy tried to get the pot out of the holder when i asked about it, he had a hell of a time getting it out. Honestly, I was more concerned with panel warpage with it being right against the plastic, but who knows, it might be fine.

bentwrench

Reaction score
Last years was the g4 model which is completely different then the g5 one which just came on sale this fall but i encourage you to install it and enjoy

bentwrench

Reaction score
I checked it out at the sled show, it is a tight friction fit when new. The guy tried to get the pot out of the holder when i asked about it, he had a hell of a time getting it out. Honestly, I was more concerned with panel warpage with it being right against the plastic, but who knows, it might be fine

bentwrench

Reaction score
I'm that guy LOL, we've had a few guys out running around with them and great results heat wise for the food and no issues with excess heat on plastic, I.ve had mine in and out of the holder a thousand times and it still fits snug

Denali2966

Reaction score
I'm that guy LOL, we've had a few guys out running around with them and great results heat wise for the food and no issues with excess heat on plastic, I.ve had mine in and out of the holder a thousand times and it still fits snug

Sweet! thanks for showing me the cooker and answering my random questions haha.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
6052cb60b79db39f13cc41b9c709801a.jpg

Sticky rice and deer smokies for the win this weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom