Grande Cache

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not Kakwa, the mountains around GC are all in the Willmore park and we cant ride there,,,,damn! The only rideable mountains are caw ridge area...Cheers!

Ever look at a map and see where you would be if you could only ride over the top :eek:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Passed through Grande Cache on the way to Jasper for some snowboarding, u guys have less snow than Grande Prairie, but ours is borderline rideable. Short paddles prob could in the ditches. I wouldnt ride a 2 inch paddle tho, be worried that'd wear out my track a bit.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Passed through Grande Cache on the way to Jasper for some snowboarding, u guys have less snow than Grande Prairie, but ours is borderline rideable. Short paddles prob could in the ditches. I wouldnt ride a 2 inch paddle tho, be worried that'd wear out my track a bit.

Yes its a pretty sad start to the season.Lets hope that the rest of it will be heavy snow!!

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
Was out on the back-side of Grande Mountain the last couple of days. About 2 feet of snow closer to the top and today it has been snowing pretty good. Probably another 6 to 8 inches last night around the top. Nice to get out for a burn.
Might go for another rip today if I can find someone to go.

SPDFREEK

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
Some pics of the backside of Grande. Couldn't help it...had to go. Got the itch.

SPDFREEK.

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 60

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out on the back-side of Grande Mountain the last couple of days. About 2 feet of snow closer to the top and today it has been snowing pretty good. Probably another 6 to 8 inches last night around the top. Nice to get out for a burn.
Might go for another rip today if I can find someone to go.

SPDFREEK

Would love to go but I still dont have my sled back from Ecko.I will be picking it up on the19th be back in town on the 22 or 23. We should post here when guys from GC are off so we can hook up.Im a shift worker so I have different days off.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to go but I still dont have my sled back from Ecko.I will be picking it up on the19th be back in town on the 22 or 23. We should post here when guys from GC are off so we can hook up.Im a shift worker so I have different days off.

A day of playing around the Berland after a good dump is always a good time.:cool: :beer:

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
Whent for a burn out by the Hucklberry yesterday and it was awesome in the ditches and up the cut lines toward Willmore. 2 to 3 feet of fresh. AWESOME!
The field out that way toward the park didn't have much in it though. Too boney to carve up.

Just a quick reporton the Berland area.

Later.

SPDFREEK

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!! My driveshaft has finally been replaced and I am going to Alberta beach (Ecko marine) tomorrow to pick it up. Wont be back untill Tuesday. Would be interested in sledding somewhere on Weds or Thurs.
Cheers!

tanner

Reaction score
hey is there any place to ride in grande cash i always drive through there and see no trails going through the bushes exempt mt hamel it looks like you guys would have good alpine riding if you could just get over there

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey is there any place to ride in grande cash i always drive through there and see no trails going through the bushes exempt mt hamel it looks like you guys would have good alpine riding if you could just get over there

There are a lot of good places to ride when we get a good dump of snow.Unfortunately the best riding would be in the willmore park but there is no motorized vehicles allowed there.But there are many good places when the conditions are right.

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
SO.....Grande Cache sucks for snow!!!!! Looking for a co pilot to head to McBride or somewhere for some riding. People I ride with all work different schedules which sucks bad. I have a 7x14 enclosed that will take my sled plus another sled . I have a 09 M8 162 and have never really been to the mountains. Riddin' Kaw Ridge but that's the extent of mountain ridding for me. Been ridding sleds for 12 years so I am fairly experianced.
Back to work on Fri.

Let me know.

SPDFREEK

PS...Losin' it looking at the grass...starting to get depressed. LOL

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, have a trailer as well and have to be back to work by Friday. Have chit to do today,but maybe we can go down or up the hiway tomorrow or next day? let me know
780 827 5598....Claus...leave message

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO.....Grande Cache sucks for snow!!!!! Looking for a co pilot to head to McBride or somewhere for some riding. People I ride with all work different schedules which sucks bad. I have a 7x14 enclosed that will take my sled plus another sled . I have a 09 M8 162 and have never really been to the mountains. Riddin' Kaw Ridge but that's the extent of mountain ridding for me. Been ridding sleds for 12 years so I am fairly experianced.
Back to work on Fri.

Let me know.

SPDFREEK

got a guy headin up friday from GC to meet us in mcbride 4 the weekend, been ridin there for 15+ yrs, could show u around if interested, pm me

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to work on Fri.

Let me know.

SPDFREEK

Our crew is heading out at 5:00 am on the 30th for Mountain Mania. We will be riding for 3-4 days. I'm sure you'll hear our sleds around the corner from your house while we are tinkering next weekend. You're welcome to come with our group; if there is any rooms left for the MM weekend.:beer:

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Our crew is heading out at 5:00 am on the 30th for Mountain Mania. We will be riding for 3-4 days. I'm sure you'll hear our sleds around the corner from your house while we are tinkering next weekend. You're welcome to come with our group; if there is any rooms left for the MM weekend.:beer:

Hey Shredder how was the weekend? Me and speedfrk are heading there on the 12th for 4 days....:beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Shredder how was the weekend? Me and speedfrk are heading there on the 12th for 4 days....:beer:

Friday was the best day of riding we've ever had. Good visibility, and waist deep pow everywhere. There was ALOT of shoveling done that day; everywhere you looked there was usually 2-3 sleds stuck. Sat, still good snow; but very windy with little visibility. Sunday we went to Lucielle and it aws pounded right out. The overall MM weekend was great; much bigger than last year, but very well ran by our S&M grown ups.:beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any Grande Cache guys intested in going for a chew this weekend? There has got to be 2' of fresh out here at my plant; and it's not crusted over like in town. I'm thinking that Pierre Grey to the Berland country should be pretty good.

Top Bottom