expert shock packages

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never has it made more sense than now to me to upgrade shocks rather than get a new sled for 10 to 12 grand difference. What do you guys like? Is that Enzo revalve of all 4 shocks and new springs the way to go? Are the front springs he supplies those dual rate or whatever the proper term is?

Last edited:

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the pro 40 enzo but they dont come with a duel rate spring. There is so much adjustment on em I am not sure its required. The center skid shock controls ski lift and once its set you dont have to mess with the adjustable limiter.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used Enzo on two sleds so far. Ordering up what I need for this new sled, no question!
They are set up for your weight and riding style, both in valving and spring rate. I think they are great value for your money and perform as good or better than off the shelf aftermarket shocks.
They only thing I miss on my front shocks it to be able to crank in and out compression for those shitty rides out. I think the new experts come with adjustable compression so this is not an issue with the new shocks.

Tim is a great guy and a huge asset to us sledders. He is hard to reach though. Be patient, he is off supporting the racers right now.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found some Exit X1 aggressives with the triple rate springs. Nice pieces, they soak up the bumps on long ch!t single track…. and then I had MB suspension service the rear KYB shock. It really keeps the skis down better on steep climbs with limiter loose or tight.

I’m currently sitting on my ass in Hawaii… but still thinking of what it would be like to sled here if it ever snowed 10’ lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used Enzo on two sleds so far. Ordering up what I need for this new sled, no question!
They are set up for your weight and riding style, both in valving and spring rate. I think they are great value for your money and perform as good or better than off the shelf aftermarket shocks.
They only thing I miss on my front shocks it to be able to crank in and out compression for those shitty rides out. I think the new experts come with adjustable compression so this is not an issue with the new shocks.

Tim is a great guy and a huge asset to us sledders. He is hard to reach though. Be patient, he is off supporting the racers right now.
Thanks for info. I will be ok without adjustable compression since I have a freeride and don't think I ever adjusted them. On my expert if I dial the front shock softer it can bottom out when on one ski so springs will help I think.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya just spent a week on my Gen 5 turbo expert, I feel like it needs shocks but there was that hard layer under the snow so I am sure that made it worse than it really is. Might be able to live with the rear skid shocks but I think I need something beefier for the fronts

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya just spent a week on my Gen 5 turbo expert, I feel like it needs shocks but there was that hard layer under the snow so I am sure that made it worse than it really is. Might be able to live with the rear skid shocks but I think I need something beefier for the fronts
I think spring rate is very important for a good handling sled.
There are MANY Ski Doo spring rates to choose from. That is the advantage of having the shocks set up for rider weight....

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Exit X1s with aggressive package are made for a 220# rider.

I’m 175# plus gear… probably close… I can camp a weekend with my backpack contents lol

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Exit X1s with aggressive package are made for a 220# rider.

I’m 175# plus gear… probably close… I can camp a weekend with my backpack contents lol

I was looking at the same ones, I have never cared much about what shocks I have but It probably wouldnt hurt to start

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got tired off the 1000 for revalving i just went for raptor shocks all around and there easily rebuildable by lotsa places also can pull them off and still get decent money out of them if u sell sled or i can move them to the next sled to usually

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got tired off the 1000 for revalving i just went for raptor shocks all around and there easily rebuildable by lotsa places also can pull them off and still get decent money out of them if u sell sled or i can move them to the next sled to usually

Get them serviced at authorized place so when your front track shock blows apart they can’t give you some bs excuse I blew 2 of them apart
Think I have a raptor rear skid shock still from xm 146-55-63 maybe fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the same ones, I have never cared much about what shocks I have but It probably wouldnt hurt to start
Call Ben at MB Suspension.. he’s in your backyard and he’s great to deal with.

I found he gave an honest opinion, answered questions and didn’t try to up sell or sell anything un needed.

I haven’t dealt with Enzo but have always heard good things.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Ben at MB Suspension.. he’s in your backyard and he’s great to deal with.

I found he gave an honest opinion, answered questions and didn’t try to up sell or sell anything un needed.

I haven’t dealt with Enzo but have always heard good things.
Matt is wicked as well. I've been bringing him shocks from my sleds, trucks, and side by sides for nearly 10 years. He knows his stuff, and super straightforward & honest to deal with.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never has it made more sense than now to me to upgrade shocks rather than get a new sled for 10 to 12 grand difference. What do you guys like? Is that Enzo revalve of all 4 shocks and new springs the way to go? Are the front springs he supplies those dual rate or whatever the proper term is?

Tim will set you up with what you need, don’t fall for the dual rate hype of the other brands that make the dual rates work for their shocks, just added weight. Pick a shock package that will allow you to upgrade to a new sled. It’s hard to sell a sled with a 3-4000 dollar shock package when the KYB from the factory have a negative rap and some just look for the brand name like exit or zbros, which is a good shock but the package comes with a torsion delete that turns it into a rough Polaris ride.
I have been using Enzo since 2016, it’s the first thing I change on a new sled. The best thing is to call him and have a chat, keep in mind this is a busy time of year for him now that racing has started, so be patient on the reply,

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tim will set you up with what you need, don’t fall for the dual rate hype of the other brands that make the dual rates work for their shocks, just added weight. Pick a shock package that will allow you to upgrade to a new sled. It’s hard to sell a sled with a 3-4000 dollar shock package when the KYB from the factory have a negative rap and some just look for the brand name like exit or zbros, which is a good shock but the package comes with a torsion delete that turns it into a rough Polaris ride.
I have been using Enzo since 2016, it’s the first thing I change on a new sled. The best thing is to call him and have a chat, keep in mind this is a busy time of year for him now that racing has started, so be patient on the reply,

You can’t beat enzo. I was blown away by em. No other shock is in the same league.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya I’d say so, I emailed him in October about getting mine….. just crickets, shouldn’t be this hard to spend money

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get some Raptors. They will anwer the phone.

2017-CURRENT Ski-Doo Summit G5/G4/RAS3​

[KINETIC VII-RC SERIES] Coil Over Ski Shock Set

Price $1,500.00

• NEW second-generation internal bypass
  • NEW patented multi-zone internal bypass technology
  • NEW larger volume piggyback reservoir (some shocks)
  • NEW 30% greater fluid volume (some shocks)
  • NEW anodized anti-pack piston design
  • NEW conical jounce bumper design
  • Insane amounts of compression adjustments
  • Insane amounts of rebound adjustments
  • Multi-rate spring
  • Ample amounts of spring preload adjustment
  • Manufactured in the USA

Attachments

• 1709220523016.png
    1709220523016.png
    965.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I’d say so, I emailed him in October about getting mine….. just crickets, shouldn’t be this hard to spend money

That’s interesting,
Only time I have emailed him was with a completed order form that he wanted.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Matt and I discussed the rear coil delete as well and he agreed it was a waste of money… I have seen 2 kits break. One shock, one bracket…

“You can get a middle Exit X1 if you really want to match the fronts if you want to spend money, but it’s not necessary… service the rear and it’ll do what you want.”

Not my words… the shock guys words lol.

Top Bottom