Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does someone has some recent pictures or condition i wana go this weekend
So go and see.... what difference does does it make what the conditions were like last week? conditions change Every day.....

so many riders waiting to be told conditions are awesome.

or keep waiting there's always next year;)

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people aren't using these conditions to do exploring and learn areas for when the snow is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people aren't using these conditions to do exploring and learn areas for when the snow is better

Exploring on white concrete and half the normal snow is not always easy.

Yesterday below 6000' really put the scratchers to the test. Open areas up high were wind blown but in the right spots it was spindle deep. Don't ask where I was, I've already forgotten.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People want powder.
The snowpack is super low... more like mid december.

Many explore areas in the spring time..when the daylight is till 8:00 pm. I myself won't go sledding until there is a good 2 foot dump..

YRED4FUN

Reaction score
SO...for anyone who has been recently what is the parking lot like and is the trail covered to the parking lot?

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off I just want to say I know actually going is the only real way to know if the snow was ok but I am just looking for a bit of basic insight before I set off Thursday to ride a few days. Sleds cost a lot but that is the way it is. Paying 3 nights hotel, food, gas, etc to go on a trip just hurts if you can't really ride or if you damage the hell out of your sled. It would also hurt because I have an offer to go do (yet another hobby) at the same time that does not rely on snow.

That being said when it comes to riding the area are the trails at least partially covered? I really don't want to go tearing up a dirt trail for the first 10kms of the trip only to have concrete the entire day. No I don't need feet of powder or anything like that I just want to make sure I don't tear up the new ride pushing to go riding when the riding won't be all that good.

I know if you go back far enough you will find snow but we don't know the area all that perfectly.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure the parking lot is fine at Quartz, the groomers try to drag snow down if the trail is getting patchy.

trail conditions are going to be cement given the latest thaw and freeze cycle. You "might" break spindle deep snow, it hasnt snowed in 6 weeks now. It is spring like condition, with that said you are always taking a risk.

Reaction score
Anybody know what Horsethief is like? Where it's plowed to/ how whoomped etc. More ski missions... I promise not to take any meadowy pow you're worried about haha

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what Horsethief is like? Where it's plowed to/ how whoomped etc. More ski missions... I promise not to take any meadowy pow you're worried about haha
Plowing stops at forster fsr.

Concrete road ride in for close to 50km depending on your destination...and not enough elevation once you get there to get soft Snow on sleds.... could get high enough on skiis... pm sent

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow!

image.jpg

knocksum

Reaction score
I have rooms booked for this weekend. Someone post some more pictures to make me feel better about going out! 10-15mm of rain for Saturday Could that be promising for up top?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at plus 5-6 or higher

Sorry to say but it looks like well over plus 10 day time, with rain === rain to the top again

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but there's a time they let you in the skiers side.. And allow bookings for sledders... Is there not

Top Bottom