Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but there's a time they let you in the skiers side.. And allow bookings for sledders... Is there not
It's probably easier to find the chatter creek snowmobiling website then it was to find this thread... Just saying

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chatter has a tenure just like any other ski operation. I'm not going to get into the details of tenures because someone will assume that they can just ride there. Chatter has always been very good to the sledding community and the standing agreement is that you contact them and discuss the areas where they are skiing if you are thinking of riding there. They do officially open the lodge to sledders at the end of the season so all are welcome to stay at the lodge and ride the area at the end of the ski season.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was decent. Warm weather is making snow down low rotten though.

knocksum

Reaction score
We beat up gorman today. Trail is terrible at best. Up top is very nice. Flat Light but snow was bumper deep.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in Quartz last two days, far north from the cabin, snow has been very good on shaded side in trees, about foot or so in the open and two three feet in the trees..
Climbing in North quartz - YouTube

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 878
Last edited:

Fahrns

Reaction score
Anyone riding Silent or Forster tomorrow? I'm riding on my own. Intermediate mtn rider, have my AST 1, don't booze while riding, try to make smart choices. PM me if you don't mind someone tagging along.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice vid and great line there. I know this area, I am surprised you guys managed to cut a trail in. How was it? looks like a lot has fallin and the snow pack is somewhat thinn for going in.

Treerider

Reaction score
Rode Quartz Creek on Saturday. Still parking at the bottom in parking lot, but won't be much longer. Trail has some fairly long bare patches between Marker 2 - 4. Good after that, but getting slushy and thin. Snow is getting beat down in most riding areas, but can still find a few places to go to make it worth while.

Treerider

Reaction score
Forgot to add to a comment about the burnt up Yamaha 4 stroke sitting up in Quartz. Don't know the story, but any plans on it being cleaned up by the owner and packed off the mountain?

Top Bottom