Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like I'm riding solo this weekend so I'm planning some missions into new terrain as conditions are perfect for travel ...

well ... lower mtn aint so good but its not like sleds are going to be stuck lower mtn, just over heating ...

I'm not sayn its bowls that have never ever seen a sled, however ...

anyone want to play ???

I have plan A, plan B, ... and a back up area guaranteed to deliver the goods all from the 1 trail head ...

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of us headed there tonight!!! Ride gorman. Tmrw probly.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy from chatter called me on those stats... +2 and rain... Will need to be mega high for pow. It's going to be warm all night, snow will consolidate. Avy will be pretty high tomorrow

most people I find call bumper deep epic... For me that is just a expected ride. Headlight deep is ok. Handlebar deep is getting to epic :). It's all relative.

and your right I never tell anyone where I ride, you wanna know... Come on out with me!

Hope that changes, just paid for April 3 opening weekend. Doesn't look promising

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been back to the power line at hope, or is avalache danger to hi threw there???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been back to the power line at hope, or is avalache danger to hi threw there???
Had a group of Milo boys into Chatter last weekend and said looked alright there for slides and had about foot and a half of fresh by the looks of there pics I saw on Facebook? They were the only ones in there where they let sleds go right now.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything can be bumper deep when you dig the track in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a group of Milo boys into Chatter last weekend and said looked alright there for slides and had about foot and a half of fresh by the looks of there pics I saw on Facebook? They were the only ones in there where they let sleds go right now.

Any mention on crevasse. They limited us last yr on riding most areas

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive Oler about the bumper deep, I wasn't In Golden yesterday, but I was about 20km away from Silent Pass as the Crow fly's.

18inches of fresh snow from Tuesday. Light sugary, nice snow! It is out there...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lower mtn is brutal and over heating is a big issue at mo ...

up top in fresh aint bad ...

C-Tracey

Reaction score
Website
www.sponsorhouse.com
5 of us are heading up that way next Wednesday. If anyone wants someone to shred with, we are pretty flexible... and we don't know they area very well. :)
Beers & dinner are up for grabs if someone wants to show us around!

Top Bottom