Golden and Area 2017/2018

Fabianb

Reaction score
Rode silent this weekend. The trail in is very very long. And after the logging road, the trail is pounded out. Badly needs a groom for a trail that length. Snow up top was good. Back side got more rain than the front. Lots of fresh snow on Sunday but snow was wet and heavy. Needs colder temps! Still had a great weekend. Parking was at KM 20

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent this weekend. The trail in is very very long. And after the logging road, the trail is pounded out. Badly needs a groom for a trail that length. Snow up top was good. Back side got more rain than the front. Lots of fresh snow on Sunday but snow was wet and heavy. Needs colder temps! Still had a great weekend. Parking was at KM 20
Much for hazards or is it mostly covered up now?

Fabianb

Reaction score
Some hazards in the trees yes. Creeks are open and the trails over them were falling in due to the rain. Few guys ripped over the lake and it was slush underneath. Could definitely use more snow after the rain. And a groom!

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all this rain I'm sure still land mines , gonna wait a bit yet....

Fabianb

Reaction score
There is definitely enough snow for them to groom. They had the groomer sitting at the bottom. I’m sure they will fire it up right away.

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is definitely enough snow for them to groom. They had the groomer sitting at the bottom. I’m sure they will fire it up right away.

Sounds like they completed the first groom of the year at silent yesterday. Parking at 21km and no further... Long ride in but with it groomed now should be nice!

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Park at 21, enter trees at 55... +30km trail ride will get old fast. Especially down that valley, it’s always bitter ****ing cold
Ya I don't know what it is about that draw but your right it always chilly. Thanks for the update on the groomer. Anyone going up tomorrow or Saturday?

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent today. Parking @ 21 something. Decent turn around but the usual probably not great if four guys show up with enclosed units. Trail in to 46 where the groomer quit was still in pretty good shape. 46 on was brutal. Can anyone explain to me why they're not grooming to the end of the road?
Once up top it was pretty good. Bout a foot or 2 of fresh. Few landmines you could feel underneath once in a while. Lakes definitely need some more snow. If you punched it hard you'd chew right down to water. We broke through the top of the ridge and dropped over into the far back end. Was really nice back there once the light quit being so flat. Few other guys made it back in there later in the day. The front side and the lakes is pretty well pounded out now but the back would probably be alright for a couple days without a reload as long as you can see.
Other then a rough trail it was a pretty good day.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we were at Silent a few weeks ago the groomer was already sitting at 46. I suspect they just went in by sled and retrieved it back to 21, grooming on the way out. Maybe it wasn't fueled enough to do the whole job?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we were at Silent a few weeks ago the groomer was already sitting at 46. I suspect they just went in by sled and retrieved it back to 21, grooming on the way out. Maybe it wasn't fueled enough to do the whole job?
To save costs sometimes they only groom one way then sled out or sled in to the groomer

vapours

Reaction score
Pic from Gorman Lake Yesterday.. I want to know who did this ? Please stop doing this as I want to do it first.

thank you

IMG_2534.jpg

Any Reports from this area?

Top Bottom