Columbia Wetland Stewardship PartnersProposed Areas for Non-Motorized Use

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please fill out the simple survey for the Golden Rod and Gun club. This does effect riding areas like Hobo, 12 mile, Holt, Redburn, Glenogle, Thunderwater, Bugaboos, etc. I am sure i am missing a couple of others i am not aware of. As well anything dirtbike, SxS, and quad related.

I'm not to sure what traction this proposal would gain as the report is extremely poorly written and does not have the best supporting facts but non the less.

If you want to read the report please see link below:

Survey Link:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done as well… I want to see more of that area, not less!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not the only one. There's a concerted effort going on right now with this NDP provincial government to end motorized recreation as we know it in BC using the Wildlife Act to create, expand, and modify access management areas. The first step is to rename AMA's to MVCA's, or motor vehicle closed areas, just to confuse the issue. They're also purposely neglecting to inform motorized groups of these changes during their so called "stakeholder" consultations. We all need to pay close attention to what's going on.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here pay of the golden snowmobile club? Should probably pass that info along. Closes quite a bit of access.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not the only one. There's a concerted effort going on right now with this NDP provincial government to end motorized recreation as we know it in BC using the Wildlife Act to create, expand, and modify access management areas. The first step is to rename AMA's to MVCA's, or motor vehicle closed areas, just to confuse the issue. They're also purposely neglecting to inform motorized groups of these changes during their so called "stakeholder" consultations. We all need to pay close attention to what's going on.
When the NDP got in Alberta 2015/16 they came down hard on OHV areas, aligned with well-funded Y2Y and other environmental movements south of the border. It was stressful times, a lot of Crowsnest Pass riding was shut down or restricted and they were working on Bighorn backcountry next before they got punted. Hope you can get rid of them in BC.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am involved with an advisory group developing a recreational management plan for the Columbia Valley around Invermere.
This was brought up in our meeting last week.
Motorized and mechanized user groups are in a tough situation. There is not alot of support for these user groups, there is myself for sleds, one rep from dirt bike group and one from mountain bike group out of 12 or so in the committee.
The rest are hikers, ranchers, biologists, first Nations and environmental groups.
We're outnumbered and taking a beating on use of areas unfortunately.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess they don't want to hear any more opposing opinions.
This is what came up when i clicked the link.

Screenshot_20230819_103111_Chrome.jpg

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long had this process been open for submissions?

Kind of disappointing to hear about how all this is going down.

I’ve been riding in and around the Radium to Golden area for nearly 40yrs, really enjoy this part of BC. Was a hidden gem for many years…

How can people like myself support the motorsport community in the area with this situation that’s unfolding?

Reactions: RXN

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until Oler created this thread, I had not heard about what was happening?

As usual, we should know that there will always be a push for access closures….
Motorsports users need to be way better organized and unified, on par with the green activists.

Reactions: RXN

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice how every Law is an "Act" by the said corporations without consulting the people. Start identifying as Indigenous and stand your ground then the "greenie's" will back the F'k off.;)

Top Bottom