Golden and Area 2017/2018

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at Silent today too. Everyone was parking at the usual 45km but you could have unloaded at 21 if a little more seat time was wanted. The grading stopped at 20 or so and the road is a little rough after that.

The trail up to the lake was already broken which was nice. We also probed about 3ft in the back bowl. There was about 8" of fresh on somewhat of a base. No one ventured onto the lake that we saw.

I've done lots of first rides in Silent and this is the least snow I've ever seen. Lots of rocks I'd never seen before but we never hit anything. Bit of Russion Roulette for sure. Maybe 20-25 riders today. The forecast looks good for improving things.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno about venturing out onto a lake with just 3 feet of snow.... There is no way that there is a decent crust of ice on the water, its probably all slush, I'm thinking.:confused:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did quartz today, tons of rocks around waiting for victims. Needs a solid 1m+ of snow before it decently rideable. Was fun to poke around a bit, snow to parking lot.

Mathious

Reaction score
Not a bad day up in quartz. Needs a bit more snow, but overall pretty good early season conditions. Should be perfect after the big storm coming this week.

big_vernster

Reaction score
This pic is in Gorman from the weekend. Definitely doable and found some decent riding, still lots of land mines though gotta be cautious. Had a great weekend and was awesome to get out. Still trying to figure out how to get pics straight...

Attachments

• 13892D46-1EFD-48BE-BD10-2C479C489B17.jpg
    13892D46-1EFD-48BE-BD10-2C479C489B17.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 529

big_vernster

Reaction score
38948-we went past the lake then one mountain range back where it drops into a bowl. Conditions got better the further we went. We were the first group back there on Saturday, around two feet of fresh. Towards the end of the day there were a few other groups that followed our tracks in. Definitely rideable but just gotta be cautious.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was with JMCX at Silent Pass and can say for sure that it is the skinniest I have ever seen it. There were boulder fields that I had no idea existed at Silent. There were it seems 5 brave souls hit the waterfall and made it. We went around the long way. Needs another meter I would say...as JMCX said, probed 3 feet just above the burn area in the first back bowl.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like GSC is going to try and make their first pass with the new groomer Friday night then start charging Saturday. 25$ and they prefer credit card this year. But snow forcasted fingers crossed it comes.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like GSC is going to try and make their first pass with the new groomer Friday night then start charging Saturday. 25$ and they prefer credit card this year. But snow forcasted fingers crossed it comes.
I take it that's at quartz?

Top Bottom