Golden and Area 2017/2018

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m heading to Quartz for a couple hours Saturday if anyone wants to poke around at 1/4 throttle and scratch the itch. Going to be a beer and natchos ride just to get out of the city.

Would love to go for a test and tune ride but have commitments for Saturday...might blow off work one day next week to get out. Let us know how I goes.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up Quartz today as were a number of other folks. Sure was nice to get out and let’r rip little. It’s a good start for Nov 4th. Still needs lots before you can close your eyes and “pin it”. That’s to be expected. To thin to side hill anything significant but left a few 4+ ft trenches doing some downhill sh!ty’s and never hit dirt/rocks. Felt real good to get out but not worth a long drive. Maybe Revy or Sic are better. Unloaded at the main parking lot. Snow covered but thin at the bottom.

I’d upload a pic but every time I try it fails.

Last edited:

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up Quartz today as were a number of other folks. Sure was nice to get out and let’r rip little. It’s a good start for Nov 4th. Still needs lots before you can close your eyes and “pin it”. That’s to be expected. To thin to side hill anything significant but left a few 4+ ft trenches doing some downhill sh!ty’s and never hit dirt/rocks. Felt real good to get out but not worth a long drive. Maybe Revy or Sic are better. Unloaded at the main parking lot. Snow covered but thin at the bottom.

I’d upload a pic but every time I try it fails.

Appreciate the update. Quartz always seems to attract many of the earlier riders looking to scratch the itch.

As mentioned earlier, I would also be curious to know if anyone has tried driving up to Silent or any of the other areas from the logging access. How much snow down at Parsons? If no one's tried plowing the road after the recent snows may not get far with a truck?:confused:

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at heading to Quartz for a ride Sat and Sun can you ride from parking lot?

Sled golden just mentioned today on facebook that you can ride from the parking lot. Not enough to groom yet but there is enough to sled in now.

RowleyB

Reaction score
I drove past quartz yesterday and parking lot was looking pretty snowy. Didn't see any trucks from the highway but I bet everyone's been riding from there.

Anyone looking for riding buddies this week? I'm off work and keen to get out. Live in Golden, pretty safety conscious (AST1, AST2, Crevasse rescue training, 90-hour Wilderness first aid) and a reasonably capable rider. I'm a rider, not a drinker - save that for the end of the day.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz is usually a good go to for this time of the year, cause the lot is 5000 ish feet elevation

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Access is the best I've seen it in years for this time was about 25 trucks in the lot Sunday

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6cf301ae6950dee83b36ee5d512ac63d.jpg

Sunday

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome picture.. gunna hit up quartz this weekend for sure. Like mentioned above access is nice n easy and parking right off the highway.

Funny how different this year is compared to last.. we were parked up at (11?) where the road forks last year over remembrance weekend. But conditions look the same up top.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome picture.. gunna hit up quartz this weekend for sure. Like mentioned above access is nice n easy and parking right off the highway.

Funny how different this year is compared to last.. we were parked up at (11?) where the road forks last year over remembrance weekend. But conditions look the same up top.
So many years quartz was our day ride go to for remembrance day , and every year we parked at the lot and road

Top Bottom