Golden and Area 2017/2018

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic from Gorman Lake Yesterday.. I want to know who did this ? Please stop doing this as I want to do it first.

thank you

View attachment 207481

Any Reports from this area?

i was gonna take it out to the top but figured I’d leave it for someone else!

report from today was a tank of gas used for 4hrs of riding.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beleive it or not I have witnessed no fewer than 5 sleds on this hill all at once. And we wonder why sh.t goes wrong?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beleive it or not I have witnessed no fewer than 5 sleds on this hill all at once. And we wonder why sh.t goes wrong?
Ya there was a guy 2-3 YEARS ago that had video of him in a avy at that very hill that vent viral, just about the worst hill to poke in that hole valley, and that hole mountain face past the lake has epic consequences if it goes, to where the ice is taken off the lake and pushed up the other side ( seen a pic of this year's ago) and have seen 2/3 of the lake gone over nite before also

vapours

Reaction score
I thought that would be a good pic, I had just watched the viral video of a sledder getting caught in a Avalanche on that slope and read a good post with a break down on that day on this forum. So that was you Oler1234? you burned all that gas in 4 hours from gassin it up that slope? Did you head up to the lake, holt or lang? Still to early yet?

http://sleddermag.com/i-survived-a-big-avalanche-while-snowmobiling-video-what-happened/

correction: read the write up on Sleddermag.com regarding this viral video and slide on this slope. Good Read

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that would be a good pic, I had just watched the viral video of a sledder getting caught in a Avalanche on that slope and read a good post with a break down on that day on this forum. So that was you Oler1234? you burned all that gas in 4 hours from gassin it up that slope? Did you head up to the lake, holt or lang? Still to early yet?

http://sleddermag.com/i-survived-a-big-avalanche-while-snowmobiling-video-what-happened/

correction: read the write up on Sleddermag.com regarding this viral video and slide on this slope. Good Read

oler234 might have burnt 4-5 liters of fuel on Saturday...hard to burn a tank of gas on the wrong end of a tow rope.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no no wasn’t out on sundays ride but heard it was good. The group never went into holts but Lang and beyond. The lake is still freezing and seen a couple open spots at the mouth of it.

snow is pretty good for this time of year I’d say. Drive in definitely sucks, it was about 9km of ice. I wouldn’t bring a 4 place trailer that’s for sure. Snow down low, well there is none.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That hill only slides about 3 or 4 times a year.
Ya or more.
Was at gorman last year 100yds away from that chute and it came down with 3 guys under it while i was telling someone else that it wasnt a good place to sit and have a beer

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rolled up last year right after it happened. Had these people read any sort of avalanche bulletin or had any common sense this would of been avoided. There was actually 2 people that got burried in this. Another was up on the shelf already

bobloblaw670

Reaction score
Watched the video...It sure puts a knot in guts the moment that crack in the snow open up. Good article for every back country enthusiast to read no matter what your level of experience

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything heard how Hope is? Plan to ride there Tommorow, where is staying area?

vapours

Reaction score
These taken today at the mouth of Gorman Lake, at the end of the Trail into Gorman

gorman1.jpg gorman2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom