girlfriend wants me to make her sled pink!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure on the cost yet. I think I have to buy aprox $200 worth of the candy pink powder. but I have no idea how much will be used, so I would like to give you an honest price after it is done. I have no idea if $200 of powder will do 2 sleds or 20 lol

I think I have 30-35 parts including the head and the chaincase and belt guard. basicaly front and rear suspenion. not going to do the tunnel because that involves a total tear down and I have noticed the where your feet are on the tunnel seems to get all ugly in a few years. then again could install snow elimanators. no I have to stop some where and it will have alot of pink on it. maybe one day I will do mine in anything but pink lol.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife drives a pink rzr and everyone looks,it's real funny when they think she won't go into the big mud holes and drives down the middle and does not get stuck.;)

Then their quiet.

ya, you can decal anything any color its called color wrap check with any sign/decal guy.

T

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the ArticFX camo graphics on my sled. Put them on myself, pretty easy install as far as graphics go. Tough vinyl, been on for two seasons - no damage and no peeling at all. $ are fair for sled graphics. Cheaper than a whole wrap. Didn't like the skidoo logo that came with it so I did my own. Nothin' special, but I like it and it's not stock decals. Some of the pink graphics would be wicked!

Quartz Creek Nov 29 007.jpg 03.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, with that comment do you have an old lady???:confused: LOL
I spend my own money ruining my sled....and 'whipped' can be a good thing ;) (right honey???)

Sure do have an old lady, 5 years now and running strong. She stays away from the sledding and thats the way I like it. Gets to be to damn much when all the sudden the old lady wants to do everything with the guys, then a guy can never have time to himself. Sledding is my time to just kick it with the boys, drink beers and talk like men do. Plus that leaves more cash for me to tinker with the sled.:d PS whipped is never a good thing, women are everywhere and the sooner they realize they aren't the only fish in the sea and they aren't doing us a favour by being with us, the better things will be for both parties.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure do have an old lady, 5 years now and running strong. She stays away from the sledding and thats the way I like it. Gets to be to damn much when all the sudden the old lady wants to do everything with the guys, then a guy can never have time to himself. Sledding is my time to just kick it with the boys, drink beers and talk like men do. Plus that leaves more cash for me to tinker with the sled.:d PS whipped is never a good thing, women are everywhere and the sooner they realize they aren't the only fish in the sea and they aren't doing us a favour by being with us, the better things will be for both parties.

There's couples that play together and those that don't. Lots of women are used to hangin' with guys doing activities that are stereo-typed as guy activities so it's a natural thing to ride together. It's not thought of as a guy/gal thing, just an activity that we all love to do. All the guys in our group like riding with the gals - we like to ride and challenge ourselves, not just sit on the machines. You ask our 'em if they would rather take us or leave us at home...they'll take us - and not because they 'have' to.

Our husbands have time to themselves for guy things - rarely dirtbiking, quadding or sledding, but by choice. They encourage us to ride hard and are proud when we do.

Glad you found a woman who shares your view on relationships and the value of women. But your "they aren't the only fish in the sea..." theory can go both ways :d

See you on the hill 4strokes...I'll help dig you out :beer:

sorry for any thread hijacking overkill131313...keep us posted on the progress of the pink sled.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing about pink is......well...too much and it looks like someone puked Pepto-Bismol all over your sled.

My advice is start with the wrap just on the hood this year, if she's still in love with the colour next year, add more pink. If she hates it by next spring, you can peel it off and stick on the one with the fluffy bunnies and try again. Pink is a love or hate it colour. Pink is good in small amounts, but ask anyone who has ever painted a room pink if they would do it again. Everything looks good in your head...know what I mean? Even Fluffy Bunny wraps.

IMO Pink is one of those colours that has to be done with taste, painting a whole sled PINK vs adding Pink accents are two very different things (see how that's done??? :)). One looks like the Pink Panther took a crap on your sled, the other looks like you had a clue about where to draw the line so that you're buddies won't be so embarrassed to be seen riding with you that they made you eat dinner alone.

Getting things powdercoated (PC'd) pink might be nice, 'til she says she hates it in a year from now and then you're screwed - hello sandblaster and re-coat. Or you can get some of those stick-on Daisies that people had on the bottom of their bathtubs in the late 70's and hope that you can salvage a "retro-look" somehow....

Paint is nice but doesn't last on some parts (mainly things that get bashed into) and if you give it the $5 paint brush job.....well....it will look like you gave it a $5 paint brush job and then she might not like it. Then you've gotta order the Fluffy Bunny wrap anyway....

Do a good job and it will look OK. Keep it tasteful and it will be fine.

Make it gawdy and no one will stop to pee on it if its on fire beside the trail. Don't expect an insurance cheque either, no one likes "ugly pink", not even an insurance agent.

My wife wanted me to paint the back up sled pink so she would look good when she rode it, I told her I will paint it pink when she lets me pave over her flower beds in the backyard. Fair's fair I say.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well who knew me asking for pink on my sled would stir the pot so much!lol it will be tasteful & pink. not to worry i mean really its my sled my money & I have to drive it! its all good he is great when it comes to detail and not wanting to make more work then needed. thanks for all the links to sites with the pink it has been very helpful!

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Life is short.........so whether you have low hangin' ovaries, or other accessories, have what you want, and want what you have!

tumblina

Reaction score
Yeah...Overkill!!! It's your sled....do what you want!!! Some of the sled wraps I've seen :Cool9: Rock..... Cool creative control too. Sounds like you have a supportive guy to help ya out too. ;):specool:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is an entertaining read for sure. I agree with modman about the accents of pink. I can understand why I girl would like a pink sled, this sport is overly dominated by men. Power to ya girl.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I think I have the color picked out. it will have a super chrome first coat. and then a candy rasberry. trying to get a custom color made with the rasberry and sparkels in it. I saw it done in a candy green so it should look great in the rasberry. going to do front suspention and rear skid. rear bumber and a few parts under the hood like head a few brackets and chain case (I for got to look, is it alum or plastic lol) the hood will stay black with all decals removed and the will get the red removed from her boss seat. in over all it should look great and since she wears all pink I will never loose her lol. who needs a becon when your all florestent pink lol. going to start this weekend......if I get the garage cleaned out lol.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the ArticFX camo graphics on my sled. Put them on myself, pretty easy install as far as graphics go. Tough vinyl, been on for two seasons - no damage and no peeling at all. $ are fair for sled graphics. Cheaper than a whole wrap. Didn't like the skidoo logo that came with it so I did my own. Nothin' special, but I like it and it's not stock decals. Some of the pink graphics would be wicked!

View attachment 31176

Sorry Overkill...............
TamDoo, who is in this pic kneeling by the fire? He looks familiar

RN

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I think I have the color picked out. it will have a super chrome first coat. and then a candy rasberry. trying to get a custom color made with the rasberry and sparkels in it. I saw it done in a candy green so it should look great in the rasberry. going to do front suspention and rear skid. rear bumber and a few parts under the hood like head a few brackets and chain case (I for got to look, is it alum or plastic lol) the hood will stay black with all decals removed and the will get the red removed from her boss seat. in over all it should look great and since she wears all pink I will never loose her lol. who needs a becon when your all florestent pink lol. going to start this weekend......if I get the garage cleaned out lol.

Good on ya man!!! Candy Raspberry is in, I tell ya!!!;)
We need a little difference on the hills & trails out there.......looks cool!!!

RN

Top Bottom