Gear ratio game changer

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been saying since I first threw a leg over an etec throw that in a polaris chasis and boom best sled hands down. Now think about the 850 etec turbo in a axys or matryx and all I can say is take my money! But as far as naturally aspirated goes the Polaris engines since the axys came out have been solid. This was my first winter back on Polaris after 7 years on doo and I never had one issue with 2500 km and am very impressed and feel right back at home on the poo!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been saying since I first threw a leg over an etec throw that in a polaris chasis and boom best sled hands down. Now think about the 850 etec turbo in a axys or matryx and all I can say is take my money! But as far as naturally aspirated goes the Polaris engines since the axys came out have been solid. This was my first winter back on Polaris after 7 years on doo and I never had one issue with 2500 km and am very impressed and feel right back at home on the poo!

Back at home with 125hp lol

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so sure any sled fairs very good in a collision.

Not im pretty sure i can rip the headlights and upper air box off with my bear hands... Id even be willing to come over and try it on one of your doo's so u can video tape it...

This is funny tho... cause my 850 doo cant keep up to those new polaris 850's.. so id like to hear you opinion as to why that is?

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not worried about boost for the elevation I ride at! What’s the matter Maxy someone hit the nail on the head and u know u wish had etec in a polaris chasis. Don’t get to exited I’m just giving g u a hard time. Different strokes for different folks but the doo chasis doesn’t handle the bumps like a polaris or a cat. Now off u go for a glass of doolaide!! LOL

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not im pretty sure i can rip the headlights and upper air box off with my bear hands... Id even be willing to come over and try it on one of your doo's so u can video tape it...

This is funny tho... cause my 850 doo cant keep up to those new polaris 850's.. so id like to hear you opinion as to why that is?
That's that spot on quebec clutching.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no... it actually has a kit in it... and its better then it was... but still does not stance a chance against the 850 pro... trust me i spent a whole day trying

it`s funny when somebody blames the sled because he don`t know how to clutch it, then buys a kit, and says it better. do you even know what RPMS it holds wide open ?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So there is someone out there that can't keep up? Lol

lol yea i figured someone was gonna chime in like that. im talking on an untouched hill back to back all day, weather i was on my sled or buddys pro... the 850 never once was able to beat it.
So it has nothing to do with rider ability, its straight up has to do with the machines. BUT i know all you guys dont wanna hear it.... I feel like im allowed to say it cause i bin buyin all your brand loyalty crap for some time now owning skidoos... and im starting to realize they belong on the back of a dodge. Just my 2cents

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you need practice man. LOL

I don’t think they design these with tearing them apart like a savage in mind. and if your doo 850 can’t keep up to a pro 850 that’s all on you lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not worried about boost for the elevation I ride at! What’s the matter Maxy someone hit the nail on the head and u know u wish had etec in a polaris chasis. Don’t get to exited I’m just giving g u a hard time. Different strokes for different folks but the doo chasis doesn’t handle the bumps like a polaris or a cat. Now off u go for a glass of doolaide!! LOL

LOL got my fill today hahaha. But your right what ever works for a guy is all that matters

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol yea i figured someone was gonna chime in like that. im talking on an untouched hill back to back all day, weather i was on my sled or buddys pro... the 850 never once was able to beat it.
So it has nothing to do with rider ability, its straight up has to do with the machines. BUT i know all you guys dont wanna hear it.... I feel like im allowed to say it cause i bin buyin all your brand loyalty crap for some time now owning skidoos... and im starting to realize they belong on the back of a dodge. Just my 2cents

They are very similar mechanics so not sure what would be different there. CVT jack shaft and track shaft with gear box. Sounds like rider error LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you never answered my question what is your sled revving at wide open ? you never looked at your tach so you have no idea, most likely over revving and you are losing power and it`s not pulling. so you are telling me that the poo was clutched better then yours was, and your mad at the doo.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need practice man. LOL

I don’t think they design these with tearing them apart like a savage in mind. and if your doo 850 can’t keep up to a pro 850 that’s all on you lol

Tell ya what, ill bring my 850 and ill bring that same axys with me, you tell which hill you want em at the bottom of... ill bring the cameras.? Deal?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell ya what, ill bring my 850 and ill bring that same axys with me, you tell which hill you want em at the bottom of... ill bring the cameras.? Deal?

I’m just bustin your balls man buy whatever works for you haha.

I don’t need to do that test, I do jt every weekend, I know the results lol. Polaris did close the gap a bit with the 850 tho, they work pretty good

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7950 8000 all day long. I have the best clutching you can put in a doo from what im aware of. Heres's a good one for you... why is it that when i put my p85 team set up on my doo... the polaris 850 needs more pin weight to keep its rpm's in check then my doo does with the exact same spring and helix set up's...EVERYTHING 100% THE SAME.... CVT's done lie. Lets hear it?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just bustin your balls man buy whatever works for you haha.

I don’t need to do that test, I do jt every weekend, I know the results lol. Polaris did close the gap a bit with the 850 tho, they work pretty good

HAS to, no exceptions have the lay down skidoo steering in it specialty came out with... or ill stick with a skidoo. All bs aside... polaris steering is an actual joke.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAS to, no exceptions have the lay down skidoo steering in it specialty came out with... or ill stick with a skidoo. All bs aside... polaris steering is an actual joke.

It is yup, I rode the specialty post. Definetly felt way more comfortable I could get used to a Polaris with the forward post forsure. Still won’t but a guy could LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7950 8000 all day long. I have the best clutching you can put in a doo from what im aware of. Heres's a good one for you... why is it that when i put my p85 team set up on my doo... the polaris 850 needs more pin weight to keep its rpm's in check then my doo does with the exact same spring and helix set up's...EVERYTHING 100% THE SAME.... CVT's done lie. Lets hear it?

they are two completely different engines you can not compare what they run for clutching, does not work like that. as far as i know the doo makes just a little more power then the poo does on the dyno. clutching does not make more power, good clutching puts all the power to the track.

Top Bottom