Feedback on 2014's??

sno pro

Reaction score
I have almost 700kms on my 14 sno pro 162 and seems to work good fuel gauge us a useless joke tho but so far way better on belts then my 13 at same kms the 13 ate 5 already this still first one climbs good gets on snow good only things wrong are the cracks and dents I put in so far also every single mile is in bc mtn riding so getting rode hard and holding up good! Hope this helps PM if have any more questions

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotsleds?
The only way that cat would go that good is if it had a etec.
Lol
Just kidding it runs hard guys.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have almost 700kms on my 14 sno pro 162 and seems to work good fuel gauge us a useless joke tho but so far way better on belts then my 13 at same kms the 13 ate 5 already this still first one climbs good gets on snow good only things wrong are the cracks and dents I put in so far also every single mile is in bc mtn riding so getting rode hard and holding up good! Hope this helps PM if have any more questions

It still seems weird to me driving around when we come home, and seeing mountain sleds there. You guys are hardcore hauling your sleds all the way out here to ride. :beer:

snopro_146

Reaction score
Had 3 rides on the 2014 m8 and so far so good. Seemed to keep the front end down a bit better than the 2011, and definitely out performed it in the deep snow. Only problem was a blown belt doing a side hill around the 80 km mark, which was disappointing. The belt broke completely in half. The dealer said he hasn't seen that from a stock sled, only turbos and 4 strokes.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running the anti stab kit? We had two in town stab tracks already. I've been busy moving so haven't had time to check into what/ why/ how, but picked up the kit anyway. 100 bucks is cheap insurance in my book.

Any thoughts?

Got about 100,k on mine. Box stock with a can and loving it. Gonna work on venting and clutching after Christmas but so far very happy!

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running the anti stab kit? We had two in town stab tracks already. I've been busy moving so haven't had time to check into what/ why/ how, but picked up the kit anyway. 100 bucks is cheap insurance in my book.

Any thoughts?

Got about 100,k on mine. Box stock with a can and loving it. Gonna work on venting and clutching after Christmas but so far very happy!

I put the BDX anti stab kit on right away and no problems yet. I see all over the net that the 3.0 pitch is notorious for stabbing. I think it should come stock but for $100 you should put on asap.

Motomonks

Reaction score
Barely over 200 miles and belt blew apart, also over heats really easy even with scratchers, gotta catch all the powder or deeper snow you can while on the trail, also not too impressed with the graphics, after two weekends of riding the stickers on both sides by my feet as well as the stickers on the side of the tunnel are chipping off

the sled is 100% stock! I don't even have a can on it yet! going to try wrapping the y pipe and the first part of the pipe to try and keep a bit of the heat away, maybe a vent kit

Sledzepplin

Reaction score
Barely over 200 miles and belt blew apart, also over heats really easy even with scratchers, gotta catch all the powder or deeper snow you can while on the trail, also not too impressed with the graphics, after two weekends of riding the stickers on both sides by my feet as well as the stickers on the side of the tunnel are chipping off

the sled is 100% stock! I don't even have a can on it yet! going to try wrapping the y pipe and the first part of the pipe to try and keep a bit of the heat away, maybe a vent kit
Holy fak!! Sounds like you got a real lemons buds!! I'm in the market to buy a new sled. Just sold my last one. Been riding cat 4 years now but I'm kinda Leary to get on a new m8000. Sounds like the gearings to low among other things. I was running an hcr over the last couple years with the same size heat exchanger and I don't think I over heated once. Mayb you might wanna take er back to the dealer and blow some steam off. These new sleds aren't cheap Tell them to throw a nice wrap on too. For free perhaps!

Top Bottom