Feedback on 2014's??

sebrook

Reaction score
Thought there might be some feedback coming in on the 14's by now - is no news good news or not enough miles on yet to tell?

powdershred

Reaction score
well so far it works good in the field lol did manage to break in engine and plug any holes where powder was getting on clutch things are looking good but a serius ride in the mts are in order:d

powdershred

Reaction score
Weve actually goy some decent miles on down in the Reddeer river valley 65cm for the month of november and more to come tonite but so far i love it short seat and 2.6 track feels like a boondock dream

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My m9000 is already in the shop with only 27miles on it ... sounds like I stripped a shaft ... it will only move in reverse and makes grinding noise when trying to go forward ... going to call tomorrow and see if I can get the whole story from the mechanic .. when I find out I'll post what they say

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's 2 m8000's in our group and so far they work well! climb great and everyone that's hopped on them love them

sebrook

Reaction score
Sled wrangler sorry to hear about your trouble - hope they get you going soon. Glad to hear the 800 seems alright albeit not a lot of feedback. Anxious to hear anything about clutches/belts on the 14's as well as the gearing. I ride a little mountains and a lot of flat so thinking the 19/50 might be a little low in my high country.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the mechanic today and found out I guess its the shaft that goes into the reverse gear is stripped out so sounds like a pretty easy fix and also sounds like a little rider error I may have got into the throttle before it was fully engaged

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the mechanic today and found out I guess its the shaft that goes into the reverse gear is stripped out so sounds like a pretty easy fix and also sounds like a little rider error I may have got into the throttle before it was fully engaged

Hey we all make mistakes..

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a mistake more like impatient lol note to self stop and have smoke while sled goes from forward to reverse

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 proclimb 800 and now the 2014, noticeably better machine. Besides having a current hiccup, I love most things about the newer machine. Narrower front end, new short seat, 2.6 track. That being said, I don't like the new gearing. Too short, going to put a 20t in it I think. Also seems to harder on fuel and oil then my 2012

sebrook

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of with the gearing. Especially with having a shorter track cause I always found that the track speed helped them. May be following your lead with gear change.

thekrust

Reaction score
The 20t gear won't fit the chain. I tried when I put the new gears in my 13 because I thought 19-50 was too low and I had a 20t in there already but it wouldn't fit. It didn't miss by much and I had a new chain, maybe should have tried the old stretched one? But being that tight might cause a problem with that top gear moving around if it's too tight.

Nlfd

Reaction score
236 km on my m8000 so far so good only things are, fuel gauge reads poorly with half a tank or less, and I can here the belt a bit in the primary when clutch is not engaged.

Last edited:

Johndevil

Reaction score
Hey , so your deflection is set to high if you can hear the belt squealing in the primary. Just put a smaller shim on your deflection washer on your secondary and you should be a okay. As for the fuel thing I noticed mine likes to drink it as well.. lol &#%ing suzuki 800 ehh.
I have about 300 Klms on mine already and Ive made a couple changes. First things first, gear ratio was a little too tall, I as well had the 20 tooth top and thought about putting it in but then quickly found out that it wasnt going to fit.. the only way to make this happen was to order the Borg warner Hy-vo billet gears and 92P chain. Held off and played with my secondary, currently running a shock wave with great success. New dalton spring in the secondary and away we go.. much faster upshift and track speed over stock with the same backshift characteristics. More goodies to come so we will see if I will need that 20t top but not likely.

Cheers

Nlfd

Reaction score
Ya thought the belt may stretch enough but I may have to put in a thinner shim, I checked out the shockwave helix, looks like a good idea.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 20/50 gearing should fit with the original chain if it has some miles on it. I know of guys that are running that ratio with their original chains. It will NOT fit with the new chain in the update kit until the chain is broke in; so if you are carrying the new chain as a spare make sure to bring the 19 tooth top gear or the 49 tooth bottom gear as well.

hotsleds

Reaction score
I have a 2014 M800 well i have almost 400 miles on mine and it is awesome sled now , put a vent kit on the clutch side and thru. away the stock springs , i run a dark green primary spring and 70 gram weights ( CPC ) adjustable and also run a dark green 110/260 secondary spring , after thru. away stock spring i can hit almost 90 mph and a hard pack road , gained 10 mph with a shockwave helix and those green springs , i pull in 8000 rpm from a stand still to 8150 top rpm , in 3 feet of snow ,on hard pack it will start off at 8100 and run up to 8250 , prefect shifting and absolutely no heat in the clutches , same belt runs hard now

sebrook

Reaction score
Sounding promising so far guys! Gonna have to look into that Helix and clutching - like the sound of what you're getting out of it for revs and would even take a little lower for my liking. Keep the feedback coming!

hotsleds

Reaction score
Sounding promising so far guys! Gonna have to look into that Helix and clutching - like the sound of what you're getting out of it for revs and would even take a little lower for my liking. Keep the feedback coming!

thats the beauty of that shockwave , this weekend i will make it a little steeper and see ,
as it is right now the degree is at 44 straight angle , going to see if shockwave will make me a full progressive starting at 55 or 58
i don't like the dual one they have to much drop all at once ,
this is also a 162 track , might be a little steeper with a shorter track
Dynoed mine at 159.8 hp at 8000 and 106 lbs torgue 2000 ft elev.
also the stock pipe really wants to be hot before it works well

Top Bottom