Dyno results

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or were you the kid who played with dry-cleaning bags...

JJack on the Ebola Texas thread in anything goes was talking about you. Lol. He's got you pegged dead on.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh.. haha??

ya dat was funny...:rolleyes:

Your humour is as dry as leftover turkey..

You and Willy II Same classification..

JJack on the Ebola Texas thread in anything goes was talking about you. Lol. He's got you pegged dead on.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of making quick judgment, read the article.... It was an ECU in "break in: mode and one out of Break in!!! Lets wait till we have them on the snow before we jump to conclusion... these are the first set of numbers out on this motor. Heaven forbid that a polaris motor makes more power than cat and doo.. Subscribe to his site and read it for yourself. Everyone knows its the best chassis out there and lots of people have been waiting for a motor that makes power. People are going to buy what makes them happy. An opinion from someone that doesnt have any real info wont change there mind.................
Dude...please slow your roll, I get it that you are a Polaris man but dyno tricks have been on the books for decades. I said that in my first post that all the information is needed before making the decision, so yes, more information is still needed. Wow...you get defensive much? LOL Where do you think you get an ECU that is off Break-In? Do you think they just fall from the sky or do you have to manipulate it with a computer?.....anyway, moving on..... Too many people talk HP without all the info. Maybe it does make 160 HP......then good for Polaris. If you dyno a stock sled on the showroom floor, you'll find that most of them don't make what their advertised at. I remember when one manufacturer came out with a 145 HP 700 (not Poo) in the mid 90's, then we started looking at the fuel values and they were lean...really lean. Sure it made that on the dyno, but wasn't realistic for riding.....if you've got the real info for the Poo 800, by all means share it then......where's the peak torque, what's the A/F, etc.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude...please slow your roll, I get it that you are a Polaris man but dyno tricks have been on the books for decades. I said that in my first post that all the information is needed before making the decision, so yes, more information is still needed. Wow...you get defensive much? LOL Where do you think you get an ECU that is off Break-In? Do you think they just fall from the sky or do you have to manipulate it with a computer?.....anyway, moving on..... Too many people talk HP without all the info. Maybe it does make 160 HP......then good for Polaris. If you dyno a stock sled on the showroom floor, you'll find that most of them don't make what their advertised at. I remember when one manufacturer came out with a 145 HP 700 (not Poo) in the mid 90's, then we started looking at the fuel values and they were lean...really lean. Sure it made that on the dyno, but wasn't realistic for riding.....if you've got the real info for the Poo 800, by all means share it then......where's the peak torque, what's the A/F, etc.

wise man you are.....I bet the AFR is real lean....all the OEM's do it for the "big number" but in all reality that tune is not reliable, peak HP is just a number, I am more of a rider...a good 2-stroke is easy to clutch, has a broad power curve and is reliable, lets hope polaris went for this instead of a high peak number that looks good on paper and sucks on snow

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wise man you are.....I bet the AFR is real lean....all the OEM's do it for the "big number" but in all reality that tune is not reliable, peak HP is just a number, I am more of a rider...a good 2-stroke is easy to clutch, has a broad power curve and is reliable, lets hope polaris went for this instead of a high peak number that looks good on paper and sucks on snow

And if it doesn't have enough try compressed air devices to improve the overall pleasure of the experience.

Top Bottom