2011 800 engine poor HP

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S through a Turbo on it and be done NO more concern about HP #'s.....P.S we have had a Turbo on a new 2011 and from what i heard its very impressive in the new chasis....I heard the rear skid just rocks.......So there will be Turbo kits ready to go this fall for the 2011 polaris 800's....

BD

Is this the kit your referring to?

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes that would be it.....My builder designed the kit with aerocharger and has them ready for fall.......

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of damage tto wallet is it looking like this kit will cause?

Good question. I'd like to know too. The kit looks to be well thought out, and a clean install. I don't like losing the headlight, but i guess there are other options for that.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys Im not 100% sure but i know he told me they are cheaper than the 08-10 models....If you are very interested pm me with your questions and I will get an price for you.....I know these kits will be bullet proof as mine is going on its 3rd yr with no issues.......just add fuel and ride it......There are lots of peeps on this site who will buck up that statement.....

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bigdawg. I was at my dealer yesterday. I'm first or second on the list and the Pro-RMK's will start arriving by mid October. :)

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure but looks to be the same length to me.
Remember Polaris's engine will be about 145 Hp as comparied to the Doos 160+.
I am dissapointed in the Hp this year but Polaris is targeting engine reliability and sled performance. Imagine what they would have if the engine was putting out 160 HP in the lightest chassis on snow. This may hold me back from buying one as I would expect next year may be the year they bump up the HP.
Cat's 800 seems to be reliable and 160+ hp. Doo's 800 has had crank issues on many a sleds up to last year and Polaris has engine melt down issues on many. I would not buy a Poo or Doo until I feel these issues are resolved.
I never have liked the Cat designs or the Doo's design. They may function well but loose it in the eye candy dept totally in my opinion only. The new Poo body design is far above any thing else in my opinion. Love the narrow body. This is worth alot of points in my books. Never did like the Doo. Has no eye candy apeal to me at all. Just my 2 cent opinions.:cool:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 xps 2 bent bulkheads so far for myself

I wanna know who are all these people that are bending these xp and revs up like pretzels. I have had 3 revs and I've hit a couple trees pretty hard and have never bent more than an a-arm. I ride with a pile of xps and one of my buddies tagged a tree hard last year and all he bent was the bumper and that was an 08 xp. I think a lot of people have trouble realizing when a 150 hp machine hits a rock or a tree on the power stuff might brake. For some reason it's never rider error, it's the weak sled.

ProRMK

Reaction score
Can't tell for sure but looks to be the same length to me.
Remember Polaris's engine will be about 145 Hp as comparied to the Doos 160+.
I am dissapointed in the Hp this year but Polaris is targeting engine reliability and sled performance. Imagine what they would have if the engine was putting out 160 HP in the lightest chassis on snow. This may hold me back from buying one as I would expect next year may be the year they bump up the HP.
Cat's 800 seems to be reliable and 160+ hp. Doo's 800 has had crank issues on many a sleds up to last year and Polaris has engine melt down issues on many. I would not buy a Poo or Doo until I feel these issues are resolved.
I never have liked the Cat designs or the Doo's design. They may function well but loose it in the eye candy dept totally in my opinion only. The new Poo body design is far above any thing else in my opinion. Love the narrow body. This is worth alot of points in my books. Never did like the Doo. Has no eye candy apeal to me at all. Just my 2 cent opinions.:cool:

Of course cat and Ski Doo both are going to have new chassis for 2012...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course cat and Ski Doo both are going to have new chassis for 2012...

Cat has more or less been plannin for a new chasis for next year from i hear, but it's not because of the new polaris. It is because they will launch a whole bunch of new stuff for next year as it's there 50th anniversary.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why do the new kits need to loose the headlight. I'm sure my buddies 08 700 with the Aerocharger doesnt have the intercooler. Is this new? Or just because of the size of turbo?

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is going to be suprised when the true # comes out.....when it was dynoed it was a protype engine that was so heavy on fuel it was slobbering......Im not saying that the dyno was wrong but at that time it was right.....I can tell u all that and this is from my guy at polaris its running in the low 160s.......and the motor is different than the previous 800s......just my 2 cents and im sure this will start an argument.......

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is going to be suprised when the true # comes out.....when it was dynoed it was a protype engine that was so heavy on fuel it was slobbering......Im not saying that the dyno was wrong but at that time it was right.....I can tell u all that and this is from my guy at polaris its running in the low 160s.......and the motor is different than the previous 800s......just my 2 cents and im sure this will start an argument.......

I hope you are right on this. I want to see final HP numbers before I buy. I have heard the same info from our local Polaris dealer but whether or not Polaris is producing 160+ hp engines in production machines is yet to be confirmed. Keep us informed of proof please.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hope your right too, but I'm looking forward to getting mine what ever the HP turns out to be. Everyone I talked to that had a chance to ride a demo sled, and pretty much everyone I saw post about riding a demo sled loved it. I trust that more than one dyno run.:twocents:

Top Bottom