2019 Snowcheck...What a Great and Bad year to choose

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Article above the chart says Freeride clutching is spot on? That may be concern for some that article is fake news as well?

If the Americans said the clutching is spot on.......then it must be true. Is the cat equipped with Estart like the Polaris? That may add a few pounds...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The in field wet weight of the freeride would take into account the 5 belts some guys pack along and the extra oil needed for the day so that weight is slightly skewed. The polaris would would be off for all the tow ropes needed to drag it off the hill. If they actually bought a 153 sidewinder you know they aren’t mountain riders. Looks like Cat for the win to me.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how an identical chassis can hold 40 extra pounds that green and purple paint must really repel the snow better than the yammie blue lol.(intercooler holds some)
No purple paint in 2018.
Should be better numbers in 2019 for the alpha.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how an identical chassis can hold 40 extra pounds that green and purple paint must really repel the snow better than the yammie blue lol.(intercooler holds some)
My true blue Yamaha buddy says they are not identical. According to him Yamaha did 175 quality improvements to the chassis. I have towed his Yamaha off the hill three times

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My true blue Yamaha buddy says they are not identical. According to him Yamaha did 175 quality improvements to the chassis. I have towed his Yamaha off the hill three times
Sidewinder is definitely a couple inches wider than the mountain cat and there is more vents in the side panels so maybe the winder had more snow under the hood.

I would be interested to hear about these chassis upgrades.

I wonder if the doo had the prefilter kit.
Not really a fair test if it didn't.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• P1014313.jpg
    P1014313.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 220

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what happened to the nytro you needed to tow it? Chain case was our only towable issue in crazy amounts of km but threw it in in alpine

phatboy07

Reaction score
In regards to a Summit X vs Freeride, can the extra bracing and supports be added and where exactly is the Freeride beefed up?
Also the 2.6 vs 3 inch on the Polaris....one belt drive the other chain case....Does it really matter? Is the 3.0 that more better?

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it will.

I hung off of responding to this one because I see both sides of the fence. And no, we’re not going to talk about weight - we’re going to talk about power and getting into trouble with it. The ‘winder is 30-40% more powerful than all the other makes top models. The “problem” is that it goes about its business very very smoothly amd quietly! Grab a handful of throttle and there’s no crazy explosion of noise and commotion. Meanwhile in engine room, the winder is lining up a surprise for you in the form of 60mph track speeds! Hang on for dear life when the 3” finds some hidden traction down there....LOL

For a beginning mountain rider, I always recommend demo rides on all brands you are interested in. Have fun, and hope to see you out there on something next season. :thumb:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what happened to the nytro you needed to tow it? Chain case was our only towable issue in crazy amounts of km but threw it in in alpine

This one was a freak accident and I wouldn't say label every Nytro unreliable. This was a 13 that had 300km on it. Wiring under the motor wore through and grounded out. That was minor...problem was this happened at the top of the the long ridge/90 in three sisters East of Fernie...took almost 6 hours to tow out.

I had my boosted 1200 at the time. I was looking at my GPS log a week after and we were so frustrated with the day there were times I was towing him at almost 70mph haha

Top Bottom