2011 800 engine poor HP

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope what I read about the hp of this engine is not realistic. Dynoed at 144 hp. Not sure if this engine was still in break in mode or not. I would like to buy a new 800 this year but if the HP is not at least 150 then forget it. Doo and Cat have much stonger engines if this is the case. My piped 02 RMK is getting better than 144. Has anyone any other dyno reports on this new 800?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynotech did the dyno test at 144hp and they also dynoed a 2010 for comparison. All the testing was done at 50 degrees F. The sled they used was one of the production prototypes and had about 1700 miles on it. Word is that Polaris had produced sleds for the demos with 4 different pipes to try different calibrations. It's unknown what calibration Dynotech had because they did the dyno test without telling Polaris. Dynotech suspects the pipe was the issue, but in the short time they had the couldn't get any other pipes to fit.

An important thing to know is that the mid range of the 2011 is stronger than the 2010. Also they used a PCV and modified the fuel map to get 150 hp at 8300 RPM from the 2011.

Other than what Dynotech did there is no other dyno information, and don't expect Polaris to release anything. It will be interesting to see some production models tested at normal temperatures. Even if the power is down, I'll be happy as long as it's reliable.

Last edited:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to heard a rumor that the pre production demo sleds that Polaris put out for people to try had more HP than what they planned on putting in the production units. Kind of a slap in the face to its customers if you ask me.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynotech did the dyno test at 144hp and they also dynoed a 2010 for comparison. All the testing was done at 50 degrees F. ...........

Keep in mind its crank HP & they're just over sea level , much lower than mtn riding( or @ better HP capability there). Either way they rate em all the same @ dyno tech. Very worth the $$ to subscribe to they're site! Seen amazing #'s from their hp graphs! You should see what they've done with fuel tuners alone, ex. power commander V. :beer:

Got one just because they proved it!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to follow up, & not leave you hanging, they did the dyno with all 800 models with & without the tuner. Wasn't happy about the stock #'s either, but they have dyno tests with the PCV with 156 plus power with tuner alone. Add a pipe, V-force,etc giddy up.

Hair dryer baby!!! :d

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
lol.. throwing a little funny in.

dynotech will have the prormk up to 160+ponies in no time... never personally drove one but hear its a quite the ride.

cant wait :)

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasnt poo upping the anti this year?

well there old motors popped like popcorn in the microwave. So i guess they figured if they detune the new one it may stay together! Lol

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont think that the hp will be much of an issue as the stock '09 cat 800 only had like 145hp. The biggest thing for me is the fact that last year one of the biggest things poo had goin for it was that it's chasis was tough. This year they went super light just like doo did with the XP first year and now doo has added weight back on every year since. Cause the first year they bent like pretzels. Just hope poo dont have alot of chasis issues now. I wont be ridin a poo this season cause i just love my M1000 to much.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanna know who are all these people that are bending these xp and revs up like pretzels. I have had 3 revs and I've hit a couple trees pretty hard and have never bent more than an a-arm. I ride with a pile of xps and one of my buddies tagged a tree hard last year and all he bent was the bumper and that was an 08 xp. I think a lot of people have trouble realizing when a 150 hp machine hits a rock or a tree on the power stuff might brake. For some reason it's never rider error, it's the weak sled.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you just dont ride hard enough i guess, i bent my 06 summit x bulk head in three spots last year, nothing the sledge couldnt fix though

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you just dont ride hard enough i guess, i bent my 06 summit x bulk head in three spots last year, nothing the sledge couldnt fix though

lol that's funny. I ride hard but by the laundry list of parts you need you might be riding like an animal.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol.. throwing a little funny in.

dynotech will have the prormk up to 160+ponies in no time... never personally drove one but hear its a quite the ride.

cant wait :)

P.S through a Turbo on it and be done NO more concern about HP #'s.....P.S we have had a Turbo on a new 2011 and from what i heard its very impressive in the new chasis....I heard the rear skid just rocks.......So there will be Turbo kits ready to go this fall for the 2011 polaris 800's....

BD

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i rode allen once so far :p, ill be coming from edmonton this year if all goes as plan, so i guess i can stop by in vale haha

Top Bottom