2011 800 engine poor HP

ElectroTech

Reaction score
Biggest thing about hp is how much gets to the snow, with polaris clutching and suspension we have always been lucky in that department. The numbers may be low but dynotech Jim has always had a hate on for Polaris ever since they "stole" an idea that he didn't have patented (dragon button on race sleds). I also put little faith in a dyno man who sells the "key" to power for these sleds. I have been a Dynotech subscriber for a long time and anyone else who has, will have seen him mention his dislike for polaris alot. That being said we are all bench racing when talking about the sled, pre-production sleds aren't really the same as production sleds in many ways. Items as simple as bearings are all hand picked, suspensions are hand built and silky smooth, engines are blueprinted, all adding up to machines that are built with care not built with the next collective agreement on the mind.

ken ringland

Reaction score
With the lighter suspension,and 438 lbs,my new 163 lights up pretty good.Feels very light,turns well .Motor still not broken in,but very responsive.Just waiting for a Y-Pipe and light wieght muffler to be built for it,then will make suttle changes.If it fails,I still have an 2009 M-1000 162 to ride.That machine is bullet proof,has not failed me yet.

River Ratt

Reaction score
FYI: Dyno tech did recently Dyno a new 800 Rush that was already broke in past the 2.5 hour mark. The numbers were the same as prototype, 143 hp. I snow checked one anyways, a 163, I like the chasis and the coil over gas shocks, the M8's ride terrible and dart all over the trail, they all have ever since the first one came out, great motor, but you gotta ride the trail to get to the powder. The Xp's are great hill climbers, but suck boon docking, I'm a heavy guy and they really nose dive in big powder for me, also I'm fed up with the TRA Ski-doo Primary clutch, the thing is to finicky. I'm going from a 2006 Summit X 800 to the new 2011 Pro Ride, I kept the Doo for back up and it has a 163 Poweder Claw track on it. I'll sacrifice the hp for a good riding and handling sled.

psnider

Reaction score
Everyone seems to forget that the hp might be down a couple...but you know big friggin deal. When you take 42 lbs out of the sled thats like putting 20-30hp back into the sled.... power to weight ratio...no different then when we drag race 1/4 mile. a 600 hp car that weighs 3000lbs will go faster then a 620hp car that weighs 3500 lbs.I love my new sled it works awesome and lots of power in reserve. Email chris burandt he will tell you the same thing.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still have an 08 Renegade 800XP and a 2008 Summit 800XP -154, both with over 3000kms each. Best of both worlds. Updates were done: No bent chassis, no blown motors, and on 2nd belt on both machines. I ride as hard as most, but have learned to stay off the rocks. Great Sleds, Both. Time for e-Tec tho. Ride On---

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to forget that the hp might be down a couple...but you know big friggin deal. When you take 42 lbs out of the sled thats like putting 20-30hp back into the sled.... power to weight ratio...no different then when we drag race 1/4 mile. a 600 hp car that weighs 3000lbs will go faster then a 620hp car that weighs 3500 lbs.I love my new sled it works awesome and lots of power in reserve. Email chris burandt he will tell you the same thing.

Chris gets payed to say that

psnider

Reaction score
Chris gets payed to say that

He may but i don't. I drag race in the summer and power to weight is a huge deal. so like i said if it is down 5 or 6 hp big friggin deal...42 lbs off the sled more then makes up for it....so maybe get off your doo and take a new poo for a ride before you judge it.

psnider

Reaction score
2 years ago he said cats were the best....he lied to us!

Actually he didn't lie to you. At the sled show in calgary everyone was asking him there what he thought of the new cats. His reply was they are a great machine but the new pro ride is better in his personal opinion. I think that is a pretty honest answer.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He may but i don't. I drag race in the summer and power to weight is a huge deal. so like i said if it is down 5 or 6 hp big friggin deal...42 lbs off the sled more then makes up for it....so maybe get off your doo and take a new poo for a ride before you judge it.

Then how am I going to get back to the truck? :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually he didn't lie to you. At the sled show in calgary everyone was asking him there what he thought of the new cats. His reply was they are a great machine but the new pro ride is better in his personal opinion. I think that is a pretty honest answer.
sooo...using your "honesty" logic, if yamaha sponsored him and he told you the phazer was awesome you would believe him? if you think he would not be loyal to whoever was paying him high 6 figures to pimp their product you need to see your proctologist. he may be able to locate your head....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with you to a point. it is about power to weight to a point. The biggest thing is what chasis you are comfortable on. And the new poo is a bit more than 6 down from the rest most dyno reports i've seen have it at about 146-148hp and the new doo and cat are at 162-163, so that is about 14hp low. But before i say good or bad i want to see them on the snow and see how they go thru the snow and handle in the snow.

psnider

Reaction score
sooo...using your "honesty" logic, if yamaha sponsored him and he told you the phazer was awesome you would believe him? if you think he would not be loyal to whoever was paying him high 6 figures to pimp their product you need to see your proctologist. he may be able to locate your head....

I think you missed the part where he said the cat was great but he likes the new pro ride better... maybe u should get off ur lazy ass and take one for a spin before you judge the machine...way to many people criticize without the facts and first hand knowledge. its like being scared to try something new. Actually i did call the proctoligist but he said he was to busy helping you...

psnider

Reaction score
I agree with you to a point. it is about power to weight to a point. The biggest thing is what chasis you are comfortable on. And the new poo is a bit more than 6 down from the rest most dyno reports i've seen have it at about 146-148hp and the new doo and cat are at 162-163, so that is about 14hp low. But before i say good or bad i want to see them on the snow and see how they go thru the snow and handle in the snow.

This is a good response...someone actually waiting for the facts and first hand experience and knowledge first.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

never dissed it once, havent rode the new chassis, looking forward to trying it out, maybe ill pick one up a few years down the road after they've been tested, ive road em all, and they have all gone exactly where i want them to go, but i like my chassis i have became very comfortable on it and will stick with it for a year or 2

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you missed the part where he said the cat was great but he likes the new pro ride better... maybe u should get off ur lazy ass and take one for a spin before you judge the machine...way to many people criticize without the facts and first hand knowledge. its like being scared to try something new. Actually i did call the proctoligist but he said he was to busy helping you...
wow, snappy comeback there junior :Happy4:

I have yet to make any judgement on the pro ride mouthpiece, my comment was about burandt sucking the snotty end of the money stick. did you buy a pro ride cuz he said it was awesome?

Top Bottom