Dyno results

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup these numbers are real for sure. Polaris pulls way harder then any others for sure. In fact I believe they are at least 20 hp above any other sled. They are pure bliss, flickable, twisty, jumpy and rippy!! I'm gonna park one right beside my favorite unicorn.
Then one day I'm gonna take my unicorn out for a rip with my mighty Poo and half way to the top we will have a magical sandwich break and we will be sooooo happy...ahhh the bliss...
Sounds good.....

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the pros looked like this. If they went to a non vertical steering post like that and these numbers are true it might be time for me to try a pro out.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the pros looked like this. If they went to a non vertical steering post like that and these numbers are true it might be time for me to try a pro out.

Yah still over the motor. My iq was behind the motor.

The short track polaris sleds dont have same steering as long tracks.

Easy enough to put that jogged steering in from the rmk.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK before you guys get all horned up on the dyno numbers we need to see a dyno graph and how the torque carries, where it makes the most cumulative torque, what the A/F values are, etc. Highest peak HP means nothing if it comes on in the last 500 rpm where you virtually never ride. Polaris sent an "alternate" ECU in with this engine and the numbers picked up when they installed the alternate....wow imagine that huh. The highest peak came off the alternate box, not the standard ECU. As speculated, they ran it to 8500 RPM, which to me is not a sustainable RPM for an 800 and even harder to clutch for. Haven't seen the full published report yet but would need to see the alternate box A/F numbers and if they are actually planning on using this as their factory replacement or if they will use the original box.

Don't buy into the marketing hype about making the most HP wins. So much more to it than that. Please Please Please DO NOT just buy a sled off the peak HP.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but torque.. the ability to hold rpm.. is the lighter crank doing that?

Gurus please explain.

Same thing that was said when Cat cut 5 lbs off their 800 crank. Nothing bad came of it.

I would rather have 160 HP at 8000 than 8500 though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Poo did there due diligence. You don't develop a new engine package that is less than what is already been out there for a number of years. Now BRP and Cat will have to get back to work to gain an advantage, especially with heavier chassis platforms.

yamafam

Reaction score
I'm sure Poo did there due diligence. You don't develop a new engine package that is less than what is already been out there for a number of years. Now BRP and Cat will have to get back to work to gain an advantage, especially with heavier chassis platforms.
Im sure thats what ppl said when the iq came out.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OK before you guys get all horned up on the dyno numbers we need to see a dyno graph and how the torque carries, where it makes the most cumulative torque, what the A/F values are, etc. Highest peak HP means nothing if it comes on in the last 500 rpm where you virtually never ride. Polaris sent an "alternate" ECU in with this engine and the numbers picked up when they installed the alternate....wow imagine that huh. The highest peak came off the alternate box, not the standard ECU. As speculated, they ran it to 8500 RPM, which to me is not a sustainable RPM for an 800 and even harder to clutch for. Haven't seen the full published report yet but would need to see the alternate box A/F numbers and if they are actually planning on using this as their factory replacement or if they will use the original box.

Don't buy into the marketing hype about making the most HP wins. So much more to it than that. Please Please Please DO NOT just buy a sled off the peak HP.

Instead of making quick judgment, read the article.... It was an ECU in "break in: mode and one out of Break in!!! Lets wait till we have them on the snow before we jump to conclusion... these are the first set of numbers out on this motor. Heaven forbid that a polaris motor makes more power than cat and doo.. Subscribe to his site and read it for yourself. Everyone knows its the best chassis out there and lots of people have been waiting for a motor that makes power. People are going to buy what makes them happy. An opinion from someone that doesnt have any real info wont change there mind.................

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read the article... Very first pass on the Dyno did the 146hp....

but after 90 minutes on the Dyno and refrigerated air with broke in Ecm that we hope was not tampered with they hit 160hp... Good on them

hope it runs like that all year, and poos engine problems become part of the past, they have had there growing pains

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure thats what ppl said when the iq came out.

And the Doo 1000 in 05 , and the Poo 900 in 05 , and the xp in 08, and the 800 dragon in 08. There were guys who liked these train wrecks also, Comments like, " if you know how to set em up they're fine". Uh , no , they weren't fine.
Difference IMO , the Pro in 11 had its issues but biggest difference, out of the box it was fun and it worked awesome. The driveshaft issue in 12 sucked , but since then it's fine. I like today, if you want, can buy a bone stock out if the box XM or Pro, unload it and have fun, no dik factor necessary, and for what they cost, that's how it should be, and if the new Pro motor is the bomb, even better. And if it proves to be a strong motor, hey you Doo-Tards will still have the playground suspension and " fit and finish" to post about. Lol.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are the one who started the topic, comparing....
:confused:

And the Doo 1000 in 05 , and the Poo 900 in 05 , and the xp in 08, and the 800 dragon in 08. There were guys who liked these train wrecks also, Comments like, " if you know how to set em up they're fine". Uh , no , they weren't fine.
Difference IMO , the Pro in 11 had its issues but biggest difference, out of the box it was fun and it worked awesome. The driveshaft issue in 12 sucked , but since then it's fine. I like today, if you want, can buy a bone stock out if the box XM or Pro, unload it and have fun, no dik factor necessary, and for what they cost, that's how it should be, and if the new Pro motor is the bomb, even better. And if it proves to be a strong motor, hey you Doo-Tards will still have the playground suspension and " fit and finish" to post about. Lol.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots can effect dyno numbers if not adjusted for. Although the altitude wouldn't change air temp, humidity, air pressure can all affect HP . And of course the biggest ones are they all stock and are they all broken in.

yamafam

Reaction score
I agree 100%.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or were you the kid who played with dry-cleaning bags...
Bite me you crayon sucking , booger eatin moron.

Living proof.\/ \/

Immaturity, takes some people longer than others to grow out of it, some don't, Good luck, seems to be a struggle for ya./QUOTE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom