duramx question

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2007.5 duramax (new style) and drove into the driveway shut it off. Thought I smelled brake type odor but didn't think anything of it. Went back out later and truck doesn't turn over nothing...key and running lights come on etc. No stereo, climate control reads farenheit etc, DIC flashing all kind of errors etc. Sort of like dead battery but not.

Anyway dealer picked it up and can't figure it out...said the computer isn't responding and referred it to the TAC center or whatever and will get back to me.

The truck is conveniently 18000km over warranty although under the 3 years. So if anyone heard or know of a similar problem and what the issue was perhaps would help minimize the trouble shooting time.

Thx

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's over the drive train warranty as well? Should be 5 years and 160,000 kms. I think the drive train warranty should cover related electronics.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's over the drive train warranty as well? Should be 5 years and 160,000 kms. I think the drive train warranty should cover related electronics.
nope powertrain warranty 5-160,000
everything else 60000 and 3yrs and there is a bltn for this issue #09-06-03-004C is the bltn
# so tell your dealer to quit being lazy and look it up or bring it down to us at nicholson chev never mind about bringing it to us i see your in bc hope this info helps the only reason you phone tac is because you have exhausted every other option and no bltn's or pit's are not found,and that is what tac will say right away.

Last edited:

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks!! I will look into it and pass that onto them...they still haven't figured it out.

Top Bottom