Don't plow with your quad in St.Albert

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember there are three sides to all stories...

True enough, but it's the basic priciple of helping in a time of need that's being challenged here. His simple comment that he will not help again is a sad reflection of the actions that ended this.

I would love to hear what the RCMP have to say. Their side of the story is important too. If they feel justified for a particular reason then they need to let everyone know that reason.

I hate that it is left as is with all of us pissed off, and I'm sure more than a few who will now be afraid to lend a helping hand.

It's in the RCMP's ball court and they can make this a positive or keep it the ugly event it turned out to be portrayed as.

Like I said, it's not over yet I'm sure.

I'm just really pissed at the thought of being chastized for helping neighbours. I might have resisted arrest myself...on principal.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
True enough, but it's the basic priciple of helping in a time of need that's being challenged here. His simple comment that he will not help again is a sad reflection of the actions that ended this.

I would love to hear what the RCMP have to say. Their side of the story is important too. If they feel justified for a particular reason then they need to let everyone know that reason.

I hate that it is left as is with all of us pissed off, and I'm sure more than a few who will now be afraid to lend a helping hand.

It's in the RCMP's ball court and they can make this a positive or keep it the ugly event it turned out to be portrayed as.

Like I said, it's not over yet I'm sure.

I'm just really pissed at the thought of being chastized for helping neighbours. I might have resisted arrest myself...on principal.
Tried thanking that post but the thanks button dissapeared again...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Snowmobile and ATV Information
Snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles and any other off-highway vehicles are prohibited from operating within the City Limits. The only exception is if you are loading or unloading your off-highway vehicle and going directly onto your private property.

The fine for this offence is $250 and may include getting your off-highway vehicle seized and towed pursuant to the Alberta Traffic Safety Act.

Municipal Enforcement officers make regular patrols, enforcing this ban within the City Limits, including the Sturgeon River.

"Legally" the RCMP were within thier rights to issue a fine AND impound....

Morally they allegedly acted as azzhats and punished a good deed.

Rusty is right.... there are ALWAYS at least 3 sides...his/hers and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe there was some beligerancy maybe not, maybe the truck was causing a hazard but as stated before the easiest thing to do would have been to use the cuiser to momentarily block traffic while the ATV was unstuck....

It bothers me that a public employee....my employee, has nothing better to do with his time than to stiffle a good deed suffering a hiccup...
RCMP have a poor public image and I'm sure much like the ATV & Sled community it is a few that make the majority look bad.
I take nothing away from those who truely believe in what they do and are willing to put thier lives on the line for the greater good of society, it's the power hungry by the book azzhats that drive me nuts...makes me want to say "Hey you work for me fawker, go do something productive and set a bait vehicle or if you are intent on concentrating on traffic infractions deal with the azzhats who can't merge, use traffic circles improperly, change lanes without looking, insist on using the wrong lane for thier speed etc etc etc... an ATV plowing snow is not a public threat....

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Coming from a true cop-lover...LMAO!

Yeah i have less respect for them than maybe anyone.. that being said...staff sgt bro just asked me to reapply again......hmmm lets see

1. no one ever calls when things are good..
2. 63gs a year to get shot at
3. all you deal with is either the mad, bad or sad
4. everyone hates you

maybe auxillery member at best, at least then you may be able to reason with the bugger when he is in the car.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....and....if it was the pickup with the hazards on that was the issue, why didn't that stay the issue and be the issue.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobile and ATV Information
Snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles and any other off-highway vehicles are prohibited from operating within the City Limits. The only exception is if you are loading or unloading your off-highway vehicle and going directly onto your private property.

The fine for this offence is $250 and may include getting your off-highway vehicle seized and towed pursuant to the Alberta Traffic Safety Act.

Municipal Enforcement officers make regular patrols, enforcing this ban within the City Limits, including the Sturgeon River.

"Legally" the RCMP were within thier rights to issue a fine AND impound....

Morally they allegedly acted as azzhats and punished a good deed.

Rusty is right.... there are ALWAYS at least 3 sides...his/hers and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe there was some beligerancy maybe not, maybe the truck was causing a hazard but as stated before the easiest thing to do would have been to use the cuiser to momentarily block traffic while the ATV was unstuck....

It bothers me that a public employee....my employee, has nothing better to do with his time than to stiffle a good deed suffering a hiccup...
RCMP have a poor public image and I'm sure much like the ATV & Sled community it is a few that make the majority look bad.
I take nothing away from those who truely believe in what they do and are willing to put thier lives on the line for the greater good of society, it's the power hungry by the book azzhats that drive me nuts...makes me want to say "Hey you work for me fawker, go do something productive and set a bait vehicle or if you are intent on concentrating on traffic infractions deal with the azzhats who can't merge, use traffic circles improperly, change lanes without looking, insist on using the wrong lane for thier speed etc etc etc... an ATV plowing snow is not a public threat....

wow!!!!, you nailed it. :beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a joke i would go plow again tonite after the reported 10cm just to prove a point...fuggin cops:realmad: I'm looking out my office window right now and our office complex has a Polaris Ranger rodding around with a blade clearing snow.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a joke i would go plow again tonite after the reported 10cm just to prove a point...fuggin cops:realmad: I'm looking out my office window right now and our office complex has a Polaris Ranger rodding around with a blade clearing snow.

The cops were technically right in their actions to ticket Dr. Cooper. (I do not agree with it) As others have said - It was an asinine event for it to go the way it did. Their initial attention to this incident was the "Dangerous Truck" the quad was secondary. The RCMP do have a bad image and are having a hell of a time projecting a positive public image as things seem to be deteriorating over the last few yrs. The RCMP are not usually in the habit of getting into a pissing match in the media. Cpl Kading has stated that Criminal Charges are pending. That tells me that there is more to the actions of one of the two good samaritans involved with this. It looks to me like it escalated far beyond what it should have. As others have said the RCMP could have likely handled this a better way, I think the 2 citizens or one of them could have too. How ever the RCMP could have activated their emergency lights (which probly where at this point) and allowed the quad to be removed from the snow bank and the truck moved off the road way. The intent of protecting/removing/warning of the percieved danger could have been achieved with positive results instead of the black eye they are going to get out of this. Everyone could have gone home from that incident feeling like they did something good today. Now everyone is pissed off, the good Samaritans, the RCMP and now the rate payers too.

I think in this case it appears that poor judgment was exercised by some one on both sides but I will defer further judgment until all pertinent facts are brought out.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What get's me is the cops selective application of the law. In front of the Ardrossan school, the range road is "no parking" People regularly park there on both sides of the road instead of using the parking lot right beside it because they're too lazy to walk an extra 40 yards. The cops never issue tickets and these vehicles are more of a hazard than any quad or sled. They stick out on the road and there is barely room for two vehicles to pass each other. BUT, the cops are very diligent on busting quadders and sledders in this County. This is another reason cops are losing respect among the general public.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What get's me is the cops selective application of the law. In front of the Ardrossan school, the range road is "no parking" People regularly park there on both sides of the road instead of using the parking lot right beside it because they're too lazy to walk an extra 40 yards. The cops never issue tickets and these vehicles are more of a hazard than any quad or sled. They stick out on the road and there is barely room for two vehicles to pass each other. BUT, the cops are very diligent on busting quadders and sledders in this County. This is another reason cops are losing respect among the general public.

now if you were a police officer, would you tangle with 20 mommas waitin' for little johnnie or 2 old guys, stuck in a snowbank. :d

police tazer 20 mammas at school, news at 11.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Well I hope they don't catch Snow and Mud's very own Steveo and ticket him

click on the last bar or 44:11 on the slide bar

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

an obvious menace to society, no matter what the people that live and interact with him think or say....

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the St. Albert RCMP should not be surprised by this. The detachment is a dumping ground for problem mounties and has been for years. For whatever reason, St.Albert citizens have been brainwashed into supporting their police when they have no clue what crappy service they get for their tax dollars. A rich City like St. Albert could have their own force and provide way better service for sure.

As for this story, I have met both Dr. Coopers, and while they are a little strange, it"s hard to believe this went as far as it did.

Here's my prediction of how it will come out in the end: Cop went over-the-top in his initial approach. The son defended the father who tried arguing the point to a cop who was not capable of being patient that day. It blew out of proportion and the cops laid the tickets as cya for the initial confrontation.

I have put more kms on my last two quads driving around St. Albert plowing snow than I have actually riding them. I would take the kids on my street for rides and help every sick or elderly person around for blocks. When my buddy on the other side of town was away, I would ride it to his place and plow for him too. The last machine was a renegade 800, so many of these kms were with the occasional drift climb and donut just for fun. The good thing is that no rcmp ever come around here because they don't live on my street. If they came here they may have to deal with the loser criminals we keep telling them about that steal from our vehicles ever couple months and occasionally take the whole truck (4 x F350s in the last 3 years from in front of my house). We have gift-wrapped a couple of meth-heads with a stolen sled for them and you should have seen how that went. Let's just say incompetent would be the kindest word I could say.

I have 9 personal stories of how the local rcmp have sh!t the bed completely, but there seems to be no relief. I even tried writing a letter once, which is not like me, and that got me a nice meeting with some nice words, and promises it would be better. It never was.

I personally am hoping Edmonton will annex St. Albert and take over fire and police. I have a friend in the fire department that has shared some of their dirty little secrets too and it's time this bedroom community got a wake-up call. At least with Edmonton services you get way more cops per neighbourhood, gang units, K9 units, 2 helicopters, surveillance teams, and all sorts of other keener bad-guy-catching units. In St.Albert you get either a cop that was run out of some other detachment, or the poor schmuck that landed there by accident and is fighting like heck to get away from the other dead wood.

I feel a little bit better, so thanks. If you are ever the victim of a crime in St. Albert, do yourself a favour and lie. Say it happened in Edmonton and report it to them. They may sh!t the bed too, but I think the odds are way better there.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the cop in montreal that gave the lady a ticket for a expired licence because he said she was dead i think common sence has gone the way of the dodo bird

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

I'm sure the cops watch the news...
A task force is being assembled as I type...
Swat teams,helicopters,and urban assault vehicles are being dispatched...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the st. albert rc's want to keep the saints incheck, that bone cruncher looks dangerous to me, may be able to put up a fight. definite tazer material. please people move closer to a timmies if you want to feel safer.

friggin, no common sense.

Top Bottom