Don't plow with your quad in St.Albert

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Friggin for real?!? Wow.....
Are the police even people anymore? I tell my kids policemen help you, they don't just throw you in jail. Maybe I need to take that statement back. Did they not consider the circumstances? Its not like the doc and his son were out spinning donuts in the middle of the road, driving drunk or crashing into cars...they were HELPING others who probably physically could not shovel that amount of snow.......since when do you arrest someone because they are helping pull another person out anyways? Makes you wonder a few things...

A) why people never help each other out anymore. Instead many people choose to look after themselves and that's it.

B)what kind of training the police go through. Seems a lot of excessive force and exercising their power in the media lately

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe a few comments sent to the local paper and police chief, maybe the lead crown lawyer. may help may not? typical law enforcement. easy pickins.

friggin, donut munchers.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Should send them a link to this thread and invite them to comment.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the radio station "the bear", they interviewed the doctor. the tow fee was reimbursed; the son was arrested for nothing; and when the doctor went back to get his shovels there was four police cars dispatched to the same location to see what the GOOD doctor was going to do.

on the weekend news there was a man on his quad clearing a road and sidewalk and he didn't get into trouble. :confused:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the radio station "the bear", they interviewed the doctor. the tow fee was reimbursed; the son was arrested for nothing; and when the doctor went back to get his shovels there was four police cars dispatched to the same location to see what the GOOD doctor was going to do.

on the weekend news there was a man on his quad clearing a road and sidewalk and he didn't get into trouble. :confused:

i suppose that is an expensive use of police resources. maybe town councilors would like to hear the voters opinion. the only way changes will be made if tax payers make some noise.
old bone crushers make the most dangerous criminals, get out the tazers. :d:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only news agency carrying the story is the sun and they do not give the option of commenting on the article...

now in my experience that has never stopped the bogger:d:d:d:d:beer:

maybe a lot of phone calls to the local radio stns may get some response.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
the only news agency carrying the story is the sun and they do not give the option of commenting on the article...

I would say that is "so far"

There will be more news agencies carrying this and fast.

This is such BS.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any decent "person" would realize this quad had a shovel...hmmmm...he was clearing sidewalks....hmmm....he said it was to help the elderly.....hmmmm...he has been doing it for years.....hmmmm.

Maybe, just maybe the cop could have used better judgement, gave him a talking to about the rules and turned away for the time being. This snow fall has created a nightmare for many people. Perhaps one guy with a shovel on his quad helping the elderly is not such a bad thing.

This cop needs to come out and aplogize for being such a dufus. Where oh where was his common sense, his decency.

This sort of stuff pisses me right off.

Good thing is that there is a huge public outcry over the situation. Many support the good doctor and his efforts. I'm sure the RCMP will have to make a statement at some point. More to come I'm sure.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupidity like this doesn't even surprise me anymore. They should make the offending officers give hime a formal apology. What a bunch of pricks! And they wonder why no one respects a cop anymore.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any decent "person" would realize this quad had a shovel...hmmmm...he was clearing sidewalks....hmmm....he said it was to help the elderly.....hmmmm...he has been doing it for years.....hmmmm.

Maybe, just maybe the cop could have used better judgement, gave him a talking to about the rules and turned away for the time being. This snow fall has created a nightmare for many people. Perhaps one guy with a shovel on his quad helping the elderly is not such a bad thing.

This cop needs to come out and aplogize for being such a dufus. Where oh where was his common sense, his decency.

This sort of stuff pisses me right off.

Good thing is that there is a huge public outcry over the situation. Many support the good doctor and his efforts. I'm sure the RCMP will have to make a statement at some point. More to come I'm sure.

Well Said ZRRRRRRRRR.........

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is disgusting! They don't seem to want to show up when the real law breakers are out and then show up like real hero's and arrest the decent helpful sort..things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

the decent folk are easier to catch. will stand still till they can aim the tazers.:d:d:d:d

friggin this story is just to funny:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about those ATVS the city uses to clear the sidewalks?

i also like the part about it being a hazardous vehicle with its hazards on.

how about the 200 vehicles half stuck in the ditch half on the road coverd in snow and abandoned?

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THIS IS ONE BUSY THREAD..................................