Don't plow with your quad in St.Albert

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is absolutly dispicable,not only the helping the seniors, the Dr. was over 60 himself. Cops now are nothing but a bunch of bullies, walking around with swollen heads, pushing around defenceless people, because "they can"

The RCMP should make a public appolagy.......period !

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overall, I am still proud of our RCMP.

They do a good job. Most of them are outstanding citizens, but a few.....douchbags........can quickly ruin the reputation of the whole bunch.

One thing I have learned in life... There are idiots in EVERY career. No job is idiot proof. 50% of all Dr.'s finish in the bottom half of their class. How many people can live upto the expectations that they place on everyone else? I am yet to meet that person. I am not sayin, I am just sayin:beer:

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
No thanks button on my phone...
One thing I have learned in life... There are idiots in EVERY career. No job is idiot proof. 50% of all Drs finish in the bottom half of their class. How many people can live upto the expectations that they place on everyone else? I am yet to meet that person. I am not sayin, I am just sayin:beer:

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is absolutly dispicable,not only the helping the seniors, the Dr. was over 60 himself. Cops now are nothing but a bunch of bullies, walking around with swollen heads, pushing around defenceless people, because "they can"

The RCMP should make a public appolagy.......period !

At least you don't generalize and lump all police in with that one. Like Phytetphyter said, there are a$$holes in every job. Can't blame the whole RCMP for this one any more than you can blame all ohv users for the damage at Mclean Creek.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least you don't generalize and lump all police in with that one. Like Phytetphyter said, there are a$$holes in every job. Can't blame the whole RCMP for this one any more than you can blame all ohv users for the damage at Mclean Creek.

It's systemic, coming from the top. Yes there those bad apples but somewhere along the line the police force decided to become confrontational instead of courteous. The "old" cop was allowed to use his own judgement to treat each and every situation on it's own merits. To decide if it was an honest error or a conscious criminal act. Now they treat anybody standing in front of them as an adversary. They have been taught to be belligerent.
I truly believe there would be less violence directed toward the force if they would only calm down and approach situations with a little more compassion and friendliness instead of immediate confrontation

P.S. I have run into some cops that are still friendly but they are not the exception not the rule.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
It's systemic, coming from the top. Yes there those bad apples but somewhere along the line the police force decided to become confrontational instead of courteous. The "old" cop was allowed to use his own judgement to treat each and every situation on it's own merits. To decide if it was an honest error or a conscious criminal act. Now they treat anybody standing in front of them as an adversary. They have been taught to be belligerent.
I truly believe there would be less violence directed toward the force if they would only calm down and approach situations with a little more compassion and friendliness instead of immediate confrontation

P.S. I have run into some cops that are still friendly but they are not the exception not the rule.
serve and protect????????????????????????????

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The city bylaw against general public is to reduce the chances a good samaritan clips a fire hydrant, light pole, water service valve to a house, busts up the walk way with their machine. If someone damages one of these, who fixes it and who'll pay for the repairs? Such accidents can and have happened. I'm all for helping out neighbors, but what would you say if your good samaritan neighbor just smashed up the fire hydrant and you have water pouring all over your house/yard? Or if they clipped your water service valve in your driveway and you no longer have water to your house? Still thank him for the help?

The town / city pays for repaiars,but damage is rarely large if hydrants & valves are hit. Hydrants can be driven over and dragged down the street, BUT WILL NOT SPILL A DROP OF WATER, in all freezing areas we have DRY BARREL hydrants designed to break off and be easily fixed. Water service valves can also be smashed with bobcats / exctavators etc. and not affect water service to the home.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The town / city pays for repaiars,but damage is rarely large if hydrants & valves are hit. Hydrants can be driven over and dragged down the street, BUT WILL NOT SPILL A DROP OF WATER, in all freezing areas we have DRY BARREL hydrants designed to break off and be easily fixed. Water service valves can also be smashed with bobcats / exctavators etc. and not affect water service to the home.

NOW we know the rest of the story...........THANKS

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone ran into the hydrant last winter (grader or big truck) right in front of our truck shop at the corner of the yard. no one knew until they came in the spring to flush the hydrants by turning the water on. I happened to be hooking up to a trailer when the town guy opened the valve and the hydrant started jumping up and down about 3 feet. he looked pretty surprised.....lol. asked him what was going on, he said they were built so that they shear off and easily repaired.

Top Bottom