Disability Insurance

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new disability insurance provider as mine will only issure me for ridding a snowmobile on a groomed trail. As soon as I leave the trail or ride anyplace in the mountains i am not covered.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any companies I could consider please let me know.

Thanks in advance

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through a bit of an ordeal with Sunlife with mine. Riding in the mountains was a big deal, but after explaining the precautions takin, I am totally covered.
Even if I get buried in a slide.

PM me if you need any further help, I'm too lazy to go and check the details if you don't :cool:

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have disability through sun life. i just got the policy a few months ago. they called and asked all sorts of questions some of which pertained to mountain riding. i told them exactly how it is and they approved me. i only ride 8-10 days a year in the mountains so i dont know if that makes a difference vs some one who gets more than that.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard the insurance co's under Power Corporation's parent company are good to deal with for these types of "extreme sports" - snowmobiling, heli skiing, rafting, etc... Most typically have special riders for these, but Power Corp's only stipulation is for racing or other non recreational extreme sports. Insurance providers under Power Corp include Canada Life and Manulife Insurance. Canada Life has something as part of theirs that if you don't have any disability claims for a certain length of time, you get part of your premium back.

Top Bottom