Did I overheat?

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
I just picked up my pro this morning, when i started it i let the sled idle for about 4 mins and then i went to the end of the block and back. The temp on the dash said 129 degrees. I shut the machine off rite away. Did i do any damage? Thanks for your help

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
129 deg F or 129 deg C? It's probably deg F, in which case that is normal operating temp. When you start seeing north of 160 degF you should start looking for loose snow, and 180 degF is time to start worrying. IMO.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Not sure about Polaris, but Doo's go into limp mode and won't run hard so it cools down...... Polaris should do this as well so untill you feel that.... no worries....its kinda like hittin 160 kmh in a vehicle on the speedo and the engine just shuts down.....

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's totally normal temps, my pro runs constant at 120-150f. At 190 the light comes on, and at 200 it does goes into limp mode.

R

Ryan Verrecchia

crap, I never see my sled over 60c or f not sure...

Last edited by a moderator:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine Pro Rmk runs at 125 F. I never like to get it over 140F.
Is always warmed up to 100f before it is moved and take it slow for first mile or so till i see 125.

My Swback Assult runs at 127 all day long and i do the same as above for it.

Hope this helps

R

Ryan Verrecchia

lol I thought 140F was just under over heating...lol geuss I can keep it over 120F for now on...:cool:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put down your scratchers if you are running on any sort hard surface, this is not optional. The pro will heat up very quickly when running on a hard surface.

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will go into limp mode, but on hard pack definitly put down scratchers.

Top Bottom