2017 axys rmk pro throttle issues,tps,tss?

Rivera55555

Reaction score
2017 axys pro 800. Last year I went on a ride and my sled would die when I came to a stop. Only way I could get it to start was to give it some throttle and it would die if I let off.

i took it to a mechanic and he replaced the throttle block and adjusted the tps.(this was end of season and I didn’t ever get to go for another ride)

this year I took it out and at first everything seemed fine. A little into the ride it was idling high and my sled would keep moving. Then a little longer into the ride it started just dying like it did before. So I knew what I had to do to get it started and just had to back. I noticed on the way when I was having this issue I would have to give it full throttle and it would bogg and it wouldn’t go anymore then that. I’d appreciate some leads to what this may be. Thanks

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you test to see if you Toasted a plug or no spark on one side?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would throw a TSS delete on first. If that doesn’t cure it the TPS might still not be set right. They can be very finicky or flat out fail. I have had the pleasure of dealing with both. Very frustrating.

Rivera55555

Reaction score
I would throw a TSS delete on first. If that doesn’t cure it the TPS might still not be set right. They can be very finicky or flat out fail. I have had the pleasure of dealing with both. Very frustrating.
You saying getting rid of the tss and get a tether and most likely buy a new tps. It was adjusted last year and I didn’t ride it tell 3 days ago. Seem fine when I was moving it around threw the year but once I put some time on it the problem came back.

sledder325

Reaction score
Screenshot_20221213-201818~2.jpg

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rivera5555, how many miles on the sled ? Typically a TSS issue the sled won't move, but will idle. If your primary is worn out it will cause the weights to be stuck in position and/or be stuck in high gear.

Rivera55555

Reaction score
Rivera5555, how many miles on the sled ? Typically a TSS issue the sled won't move, but will idle. If your primary is worn out it will cause the weights to be stuck in position and/or be stuck in high gear.
is the primary the tps?

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Primary clutch could be warn/wearing out the weight bushings. Check your stator plug and pull it apart and see if it has melted. It is the black velcro bag under the hood above the cylinder head. White plug with 2 yellow & 2 black wires.
IMG_5079.JPG

Top Bottom