Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

Reaction score
You guys are probably going to have a sweet day today. Castle is reporting 65 and Nakiska is reporting 23, so maybe somewhere in between that. Either way I'm jealous and have to work.:beer:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You guys are probably going to have a sweet day today. Castle is reporting 65 and Nakiska is reporting 23, so maybe somewhere in between that. Either way I'm jealous and have to work.:beer:

We are going out Wednesday, tomorrow.Its saying -36 in Kananaskis weather network right now.Tomorrow supposed to be warmer out there.-21in morning -5 as a high. Weather network reports 10 cm at nakiska and 40-50 at castle Not that i always believe them.

:beer:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Speeder72 had something come up and cant make it tomorrow.

Anyone else wanna head out there tomorrow.NOT looking to play on faces as Avy conditions are high.Let me know.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speeder72 had something come up and cant make it tomorrow.

Anyone else wanna head out there tomorrow.NOT looking to play on faces as Avy conditions are high.Let me know.

I think we are in for Thursday (seems like the weather might be better) if you wanna tag along. Still working out details.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Barton and myself went out for a ride today.We went over fording. Etherington staging area had about 2-3 inch of fresh on the trails.On the BC side around 7 inch.Give or take.There were no tracks to be seen.The snow was nice back there and started snowing pretty good on the BC side when we left at around 4.The temp was around -2 for the ride.Was a great day.The sleds worked hard today so did the guys digging them out.LOL

Thanks for the fun ride Barton.Hope to ride with you again.:beer:

Sorry for the stuck picture.I should have pulled the camera out more.That's all i got.

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

201103031543041.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barton and myself went out for a ride today.We went over fording. Etherington staging area had about 2-3 inch of fresh on the trails.On the BC side around 7 inch.Give or take.There were no tracks to be seen.The snow was nice back there and started snowing pretty good on the BC side when we left at around 4.The temp was around -2 for the ride.Was a great day.The sleds worked hard today so did the guys digging them out.LOL

Thanks for the fun ride Barton.Hope to ride with you again.:beer:

Sorry for the stuck picture.I should have pulled the camera out more.That's all i got.

It was a great day. Thanks for letting me tag along. Life lesson #604, snow is deeper beside the trees.

Last edited:

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple more pics from Thursday.

Attachments

• Work 323.jpg
    Work 323.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 351
  • Work 304.jpg
    Work 304.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Work 315.jpg
    Work 315.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 351
  • Work 313.jpg
    Work 313.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Work 320.jpg
    Work 320.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Work 305.jpg
    Work 305.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 348

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been out lately? I am wondering what conditions would be like for this weekend?
The report is 20cms new
this what the trail report said

These trails received 20 cm of fresh snow over this past week, most of which fell in the last 24 hours. Use
caution and watch for hazards. Winds have remained high and some southern trails have large drifts.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The report is 20cms new
this what the trail report said

These trails received 20 cm of fresh snow over this past week, most of which fell in the last 24 hours. Use
caution and watch for hazards. Winds have remained high and some southern trails have large drifts.

castle and fernie claiming 45cm last 48 hours,, yup its good:d

cliffclavin

Reaction score
Highway 3 near fernie was closed due to an avalanche....I am not going to make it out this weekend, as riding buddies got plans....oh well.....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check in with the CAC, SPAW issued today for the southeast part of BC, be careful out there,,

thanks and yes with the warmer temps stuff will be ripping,,, we heading out at crack of dawn,,,, so we can get off them slopes before 3 to minimize exposure....

be safe all......

Last edited:

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks and yes with the warmer temps stuff will be ripping,,, we heading out at crack of dawn and so we can get off them slopes before 3 to minimize exposure....

be safe all......

Have a great Ride Guys hope to be there next time.:):):):):)

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in a ride sunday or monday
sure like to check out fording
or maybe sat if I dont go to Fernie

hey calgaysledguy by chance did u get some coolant from me last year after I blew the motor on my 800 RMK

Top Bottom