Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone thinking on going out and need a ridding partner?
I was thinking on going south.Play in the trees maybe a few cut blocks if they look ok.The report says 60cm new snow most from last weekend.But its been wrong before.

:beer::beer::beer:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well Masterquadman and myself went south and staged out of cataract.Out of that 60cms of snow the trail report said I would say 3-4inch tops....going south anyway.We chewed the crap out of some cut blocks and had a blast.couldn't ask for a better day with the temperature at around 0 for most of the day.pictures to come soon.cheers Fun ridding with ya masterquadman

201102201313402.jpg

201102201214461.jpg

201102201313401.jpg

201102201352232.jpg

201102201308413.jpg

201102201308412.jpg

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics !!!

I think the winds have moved a large amount of that snow around and some places are thin and windblown but the vast majority of low lying areas have major amounts....I was out today and aside from the pounded out trails leaving the staging area's...the snow conditions are the best I have seen for some time...off oyster and fallers were a lot of fun

the cold weather in the coming week will help a lot too :)

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice pics !!!

I think the winds have moved a large amount of that snow around and some places are thin and windblown but the vast majority of low lying areas have major amounts....I was out today and aside from the pounded out trails leaving the staging area's...the snow conditions are the best I have seen for some time...off oyster and fallers were a lot of fun

the cold weather in the coming week will help a lot too :)

Thanks it was a fun day. I probed around 120cm were we were playing.There is pretty good snow for this time.I hope this keeps up, maybe there will be more there in April this year then my 2008 pictures of the same place.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a ride Saturday? Or can I tag along with a group?

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary Snowmobile club ride for Stars Air ambulance is Saturday Staging from Catarac according to their website.May be busy.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary Snowmobile club ride for Stars Air ambulance is Saturday Staging from Catarac according to their website.May be busy.

Good call, I'll avoid it. Might be Golden or a trip skiing saturday then!

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying to avoid just be aware it might be busy down there.Maybe stop by and show some support meet some new pep's to ride with.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you attend if you are not a member of the calgary club? I would like to bring my family down for the day if it warms up. What does the day consist of? Would like to attend and support as well get to know the area!!

Thanxs for any info Wheels

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you attend if you are not a member of the calgary club? I would like to bring my family down for the day if it warms up. What does the day consist of? Would like to attend and support as well get to know the area!!

Thanxs for any info Wheels

Just go down and go for th ride.... the people are great... I teamed up with them at Quartz earlier this year and my opinion is its one of the best ways to meet new and GREAT!!! people for future trips
RP

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No updates pictures from the weekend?

Was maybe thinking of going out Tuesday or wednesday if im not working.Saying 10 cm for tomorrow.Anyone going out or want to?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No updates pictures from the weekend?

Was maybe thinking of going out Tuesday or wednesday if im not working.Saying 10 cm for tomorrow.Anyone going out or want to?

I'll go this week got another that will go as well. Wanna go over Fording and check it out.:d

Plattler

Reaction score
Great day on Saturday! We were the only one's on the BC side, and made lots of tracks in 8" - 10" of fresh snow. The trails in, of course, are rough, and we had to shovel the trail out on one section that the wind had covered. The snow was too hard to safely side hill. If you're a regular in that area you probably know the spot. Wind over the past was brutal!!!. Much better once we got to the other side. The creek crossings are frozen. (first time I've seen that)

Hope it snow there this week so that other people have that untracked pleasure next weekend.:d

Attachments

• IMGP1669.jpg
    IMGP1669.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMGP1706.jpg
    IMGP1706.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 222
  • IMGP1730.jpg
    IMGP1730.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 219
  • IMGP1711.jpg
    IMGP1711.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 221

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might take you up on that but have to see how the week goes first... will let you know on Friday... maybe we could get a bigger group out ofr a fun run
What do you say guys?
RP

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might take you up on that but have to see how the week goes first... will let you know on Friday... maybe we could get a bigger group out ofr a fun run
What do you say guys?
RP

Im in for this sat coming,,, but probaly west or more south like castle,,, been dumping at castle another 35 this weekend and 20 more in the pass today

I need a HARD fun run lol Im itching......

Top Bottom