Cataract & Etherington ???

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the temp for saturday has been revised.....the weather guys talking -15 to -18 now....with sunday -29......I dont know about you guys but -29 is pretty extreme :rant:

jmercer

Reaction score
well the temp for saturday has been revised.....the weather guys talking -15 to -18 now....with sunday -29......I dont know about you guys but -29 is pretty extreme :rant:
Just heard a revision on the radio this morning, they said -26 for saturday now... Can't seem to make up their minds

Mackie 12

Reaction score
We are thinking of being there early enough to catch some good weather. what time you plannning on going

cliffclavin

Reaction score
We are also thinking about going out on Sunday but the weather is discouraging.....-25 is pretty cold and could be dangerous if the sleds start acting up....We may go out just for the chance to try the sleds out but will not venture too far away...

Mackie 12

Reaction score
Mercer you ridden Cataract before? wouldnt mind someone showing us around

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
While the weather was decent today I headed out to pick up another Harley I bought for my collection. While I was headed south and I was looking west at the foothills wondering who was riding out there today?

Well...give it up wheres the pictures from this most excellent day?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would've been nice today!! wish i could've had the day off work to enjoy it. instead i'll be the guy out freezeing my a$$ off tomorrow... i'll pack my camera now so i don't forget it again!

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well today Myself , greginbragg (Greg) , and Doug went out to Cataract creek staging area.The snow is very thin for a ways down the trail from that staging area.We did go south.And the farther south , south/west we went the more snow we found. We had a great day.Well i did anyway lol. Had a few stucks, and only a broken windshield for carnage.Hope to do it again boys.Not many pictures as my camara froze up......It snowed very little when we were there. Hope it dumps tonight for you boys ridding on the weekend. It could use some lower down thats for sure.

Darrell
:beer::beer::beer:

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you crop all those photo's or does your camera do an odd ratio picture? I think you've been playing with your settings =)

Either way, I'm heading out there tomorrow with Jmercer, Foothillsm8, and SummitX. I hope we can find more snow then pictured above! Yikes.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Did you crop all those photo's or does your camera do an odd ratio picture? I think you've been playing with your settings =)

Either way, I'm heading out there tomorrow with Jmercer, Foothillsm8, and SummitX. I hope we can find more snow then pictured above! Yikes.

I didnt crop the photos. The are taken widescreen on my sony Handycam.Then it got to cold and wouldnt work.......

You guys will find snow.My camera just happen to come out and work where there was none. Have fun

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt crop the photos. The are taken widescreen on my sony Handycam.Then it got to cold and wouldnt work.......

You guys will find snow.My camera just happen to come out and work where there was none. Have fun

did you guys try to get over the pass, is that where all the shale pics were taken?? did you go over if you tried?

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well last sat hope for 2 like that. etherington dec 5 -09 001.jpg
While the weather was decent today I headed out to pick up another Harley I bought for my collection. While I was headed south and I was looking west at the foothills wondering who was riding out there today?

Well...give it up wheres the pictures from this most excellent day?

Last edited:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
did you guys try to get over the pass, is that where all the shale pics were taken?? did you go over if you tried?

Nope this wasnt the pass. We were thinking about going that way but when we saw the post that neddacsac put on saying there was only 5 inch.........So we just went south of the cataract area then west.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey summitX, check the etherington stageing area. If there is fresh snow there then there should be more on the trail up the pass. The radar has been showing lots of snow on the back side so if you get over it should be awsome!
Keep us posted!:beer:

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going out today the weather looks crappy from here (vulcan)
snowing and windy

what the!

Reaction score
a couple of us went through the pass on thursday. Trail in lacks snow, trails in deep have lots of snow 3-4 feet, busted trail lots of fun. Anywhere that you got in the open it was wind blowin and very hard. lots of rocks still out there. i would say it needs at least another ft if not two, but this weekend looks good to drop that back there.

Top Bottom