Canada Post

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is edgamencation required to work for canada post ? if not why are they paid so well?

did you done that spellerin all by yerself there hanky? good job:d:beer:
probably not just needs apair of shoes and a big baggy. pretty wellpaid to get your exercise every day and be out in the world. put one of them behind a desk or in a shop for a couple weeks and see what they think of their job. maybe learn to appreciate it a bit more.
and why strike you dont like your job quit and find another one azzholes, why make the rest of the country suffer cause you want more money. is more money going to make the work conditions better? is it goin to shovel the walks in winter? cool the sun in the summer? friggen unions, all they're good for is protecting lazy azzes that dont want to work. jmo

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The past President of Canada Post Moya Green was once one of the highest paid Canadian bureaucrats with an annual salary over 500k smackers. I don't know what the new President and CEO of Canada Post Deepak Chopra is pulling down but maybe Deepak needs to cut back the unions wages so he can give him self a raise.....just saying....:rollinglaugh:

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
did you done that spellerin all by yerself there hanky? good job:d:beer:
probably not just needs apair of shoes and a big baggy. pretty wellpaid to get your exercise every day and be out in the world. put one of them behind a desk or in a shop for a couple weeks and see what they think of their job. maybe learn to appreciate it a bit more.
and why strike you dont like your job quit and find another one azzholes, why make the rest of the country suffer cause you want more money. is more money going to make the work conditions better? is it goin to shovel the walks in winter? cool the sun in the summer? friggen unions, all they're good for is protecting lazy azzes that dont want to work. jmo

my honest opinion too!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The past President of Canada Post Moya Green was once one of the highest paid Canadian bureaucrats with an annual salary over 500k smackers. I don't know what the new President and CEO of Canada Post Deepak Chopra is pulling down but maybe Deepak needs to cut back the unions wages so he can give him self a raise.....just saying....:rollinglaugh:

IMO there is nothing wrong for the president to make that kind of money. I am not sure how many employees Canada Post has or the annual turn over but I can imagine his/her job being very stressful with a huge responsibility. Keep in mind that when things go sour it is not the letter carriers head they want on the block it is the boss. :eek:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO there is nothing wrong for the president to make that kind of money. I am not sure how many employees Canada Post has or the annual turn over but I can imagine his/her job being very stressful with a huge responsibility. Keep in mind that when things go sour it is not the letter carriers head they want on the block it is the boss. :eek:

Keep in mind this is twice the salary of the Prime Minister of Canada whom I think has a more stressful job with the responsibility of an entire country on his plate.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is twice the salary of the Prime Minister of Canada whom I think has a more stressful job with the responsibility of an entire country on his plate.

and to be honest with you I think he needs a raise too! With that kind of responsibility we need to reward them and bring in the best and the brightest otherwise we lose them to the private sector and all we will get are lame ducks for the public sector.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
keep in mind his residence is paid, vehicles are paid, all expenses are paid, and will receive a 6 figure pension for the rest of his life even if he would have only served 4 years

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep in mind his residence is paid, vehicles are paid, all expenses are paid, and will receive a 6 figure pension for the rest of his life even if he would have only served 4 years

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
or even just 6 months

sure he only get 400k a year, but thats 400k straight in his pockets, everything else is paid for by the people of Canada..... not to mention being an MP is only a part time job.... all these MPs have another job somewhere, when do you think most of them only attend the minimum mandatory attendance in the house of commons

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or even just 6 months

sure he only get 400k a year, but thats 400k straight in his pockets, everything else is paid for by the people of Canada..... not to mention being an MP is only a part time job.... all these MPs have another job somewhere, when do you think most of them only attend the minimum mandatory attendance in the house of commons

you sayin harper has a second job?
dont matter what he gets paid, the stress of that job is not worth all the money in the world imo. doesn't matter what you did you could never keep everybody happy. chit i would blow my head off within a coupel months. or get really friggen drunk and stay that way. frig there jobs suck.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sayin harper has a second job?
dont matter what he gets paid, the stress of that job is not worth all the money in the world imo. doesn't matter what you did you could never keep everybody happy. chit i would blow my head off within a coupel months. or get really friggen drunk and stay that way. frig there jobs suck.

nope, i said MPs, not PM.... Harper used to have another job, now he just has dealings on the side that don't require any of his attention

nothing wrong with it perfectly legal (well as far as we know right now), i'm just saying

Working through the political ranks, i'm sure you learn really quick how to not care about what people say
there not just droped in that situation, they are groomed that way for years

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Then I guess I should be in politics because I could give a fawk what people think or say....

nope, i said MPs, not PM.... Harper used to have another job, now he just has dealings on the side that don't require any of his attention

nothing wrong with it perfectly legal (well as far as we know right now), i'm just saying

Working through the political ranks, i'm sure you learn really quick how to not care about what people say
there not just droped in that situation, they are groomed that way for years

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for this thread... My vehicle registration is supposed to be coming in the mail to be re-newed. So I can throw that lovely '12 sticker on my plate, as per yearly ritual.

If that doesn't come in the mail 'cuz of a strike does that mean I can legally drive around with an unregistered vehicle cuz the mail man didn't give me my new sticker? :d

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for this thread... My vehicle registration is supposed to be coming in the mail to be re-newed. So I can throw that lovely '12 sticker on my plate, as per yearly ritual.

If that doesn't come in the mail 'cuz of a strike does that mean I can legally drive around with an unregistered vehicle cuz the mail man didn't give me my new sticker? :d

you dont need the renewal papers to actually renew your registration... just walk in.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that i am a postal worker, but i was just wonder why 90% of all the young people hired quit there lazy azz postal jobs in the first week of employment. Don't they realize this a gravy train job.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that i am a postal worker, but i was just wonder why 90% of all the young people hired quit there lazy azz postal jobs in the first week of employment. Don't they realize this a gravy train job.

because even the gravy train is too much work for today's high demanding youth

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is always neat to see the tears coming at 8pm on a winter night, poor misinformed newbie worker. I thought 15k with 40lbs in a foot of snow was going to be easy, of coarse you have to sort it first, how long does that take??? more tears from the newbie worker.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because even the gravy train is too much work for today's high demanding youth

Not all young people are lazy and jump from job to job because they dont want to do anything. Im 20 and ive been working a Project Coordinator at a Welding and Fab shop for 3.5Years. If the opportunity came for a job to further myself i would be all over it, but sometimes its hard to find something better expecially at a young age. Because most people look at you as if you know nothing or havent got any experience. When i can tell you i work with people from other companys every day who have no clue WTF their doing and you end up having to do it for them. and they are supposed to be Senior,or Managers.

But if i didnt have to work i sure wouldnt id be sledding and quading everyday i could.

Top Bottom