Canada Post

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the guy sorting mail can get a fat raise every year

shouldnt they just be replaced by automatic sorters anyways?
would keep production costs down

i know i know they scraped that idea a few years back because it would cut the work force

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Canada Post wants to reduce the pay of new employees to $17.50 from $24 an hour."

What a bunch of whiners. $17.50 is MORE than a starting employee there deserves anyway. Most laborers or beginning apprentices start at less. As far as I'm concerned they should be just north of Wal Mart wages.

What is the starting wage for a leasehand or a roughneck?$25-$30hr???

Would you take a 25% pay cut "rucky"?I seriously doubt it.

I don't work for Canada Post,but i guarantee any of youy PRICKS bitching about the Lazy Azzes having an easy job have never walked 10-20 km a day on Lazy azzes sidewalks this winter that never shovelled their sidewalks.

People that have no clue what someone else's job entails should not run off at the mouth until they have done it.I used to work in the Oilfield and i thought that alot of people might be overpaid for what they did but i never did their job so i did have a right to go on a forum and spout off that they were lazy and overpaid.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't work for Canada Post,but i guarantee any of youy PRICKS bitching about the Lazy Azzes having an easy job have never walked 10-20 km a day on Lazy azzes sidewalks this winter that never shovelled their sidewalks.

People that have no clue what someone else's job entails should not run off at the mouth until they have done it.I used to work in the Oilfield and i thought that alot of people might be overpaid for what they did but i never did their job so i did have a right to go on a forum and spout off that they were lazy and overpaid.

Thats where you're wrong.... i have nothing against letter carriers, but seriously meter readers for ATCO gas make half of what letter carriers make for relatively the same job

Its the depots that i have a problem with, my ex of 3 years works at a depot, she made more than i did as a casual worker, and she came home with many stories about how everyone go slow on purpose, take extra long breaks and how she was told to slow down and to relax.

but thats not why i started this thread, i started this thread because i want my parcels, i started this thread because BOTH parties didn't think about canadians while making these decisions, they only thought about their own personal selfish gain.... and this problem directly effects all canadians, whether you are waiting for a cheque, parcels, letters or bills.... life must go on and these douchefags are trying to stop that
like i said...BOTH parties

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Our mail carriers walk a total of 1.5 feet out of there vans at each mailbox as they park on the wrong side of the street at half the boxes. Also have seen many of them in the country cut other vehicles off just so they could stop in front of the mailbox, on the wrong side of the road again, and not have to even get out of their vehicle to drop off the mail. Some do still walk and deliver, and they do deserve more than the ones that stick their arms out of their vans but they don't get more, thanks to the wonderful union.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The job market is HUGE right now if you're willing to work. So if it happened to me, I would look elsewhere. It's that simple. My mail is delivered to a Post Office where I pick it up in those very same wintery conditions you speak of. So maybe you're the one who should be considering other situations. Strikes just piss me off in general. If you don't like what's happening at your workplace, GO ELSEWHERE so the citizens of Canada can still obtain their goods and services.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Dear Government and Canada Post,
I hope you can resolve this whole strike thing in a timely manner because my quad parts are patiently waiting at the border for delivery!!!

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dear Government and Canada Post,
I hope you can resolve this whole strike thing in a timely manner because my quad parts are patiently waiting at the border for delivery!!!

Ha, you and me both

but there is light, the government in passing something through the house to make them go back to work and for them to resolve the issue without ever missing work again

But of course the NDP says it will be a nuissance so they dont have to go back that soon.... stupid NDP

Conservatives table Canada Post back-to-work bill - Business - CBC News

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the farming industry if you don't like the price of grain a particular year you have no recourse but to tough it out or move on to a different job description. WE CANNOT GO ON STRIKE! Alot of farmers have second jobs in the oil patch or what ever to make ends meet. WE CANNOT GO ON STRIKE!........................................ comeprendae?:rolleyes:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time i checked it was the mail sorters on strike not the mail couriers. The people working in the post office here are at work. They were the ones that told me that it was the mail sorters.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly

In some respects yes, and in some no, i'm not a union fan, never have, and i blame the heads of the union as much of the next guy.... but a lot of the unions ideas stem from the workers they are representing, the lowly depot worker etc.

What does China have to do with anything?
Flawed argument based on negative emotions.

Speaking of negative emotions!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really seeing a clear message here that says as long as my personal needs are met thats all that matters. Screw anyone else that are trying to improve their own personal lives if it means I am put out a little bit. Wow!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really seeing a clear message here that says as long as my personal needs are met thats all that matters. Screw anyone else that are trying to improve their own personal lives if it means I am put out a little bit. Wow!

And that doesn't work the other way too? :rolleyes:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Improve your life all you want.... But it's not fair when all of Canada's citizens suffer the repercussions. Like so many have said: Easy solution, FIND ANOTHER FAWKING JOB. It's not rocket science, it's mail sorting.

If Canada Post finds they suddenly have no employees, they will probably change things (or suffer a complete bankruptcy) much quicker than if people are standing on a street corner with signs you can't read while blowing by at 70 km/h. THE ONLY PEOPLE FEELING SORRY FOR YOU ARE FELLOW EMPLOYEES. Ughh frustrating. I just want my parcels.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bride has worked for Canada Post for the past 10 years. She belongs to the CPAA union. That union is not on strike. Canada Post settled with this union when their contract came due in the past. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason why some cities and towns in Canada have a CPAA union and some have the CUPW union. Canada Post is trying to get CUPW wages and benefits in line with the CPAA union. My wife makes 23 something an hour. The most she could make (if she became the postmaster would be only a few cents more (less than 24). The starting wage for CUPW employees is 24 something. Hmmm....:nono:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good starting out at $17.50/hr considering the minimum wage is 8 something.:eek:

Top Bottom