Can they catch up ?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read this whole thread for the first time. If I didnt know better, I would assume alot of people here were 12.

As far as the actual topic goes, which part of "catch up" are we talking about? Sales? Tech? Options? Colour? Handling? Durability? Dealer support? Weight? No one manufacturer can actually claim to be the best in all areas, Pick your criteria and ride the one that fits the one that best suits you I guess.

On another note... Does anyone else think the difference in approach angle on the 3" Doo will affect the machines ability to get up on the snow or will it just trench? Speculating here I know, but many years of mountain experience tells me a flat attack angle is beneficial to mountain sleds. Maybe these are just prototype pictures and actual production will be different?

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread is a gong show cant believe i read all that junk thinking someone had some intellegence to share i have heard a few funny chirps but mostly just nonesense and supposed to be facts which i assume are still actually unkown. it will be nice to see if anyone changes there opinion once they have ridin this machine or at least seen one perform i doo like to hear constructive criticism but there hasnt been anything like that in this thread. IMO if the 174 3' doesnt tickle your pickle then why u wanna argue about it if its not for u find something that you do like and instead of talking it to death get out an ride the sh*t out of it

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you talking about??

You don't understand what I am saying? Most guys that like the long tracks with 3 inch lugs like to find deep snow and see how high they can climb. We used to do that but now we look for the most technical line and its not all about power and traction. It is about skill and a machine that can navigate tight turns and tight trees. I do agree Ski-doo is best for the previous but Poo is best for the later. I loved my Doo's but I am just a much better rider on the Poo.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after wasting my time reading this useless thread i had to go to the bathroom and puke the crap out.
After the aquintance with the toilet, i learn't one thing on this thread. Alot of you are bored or don't have a life...... or possibly not married hahaha

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Well after wasting my time reading this useless thread i had to go to the bathroom and puke the crap out.
After the aquintance with the toilet, i learn't one thing on this thread. Alot of you are bored or don't have a life...... or possibly not married hahaha

Roll on...

Attachments

• tumblr_l8qswym22e1qdd768o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_l8qswym22e1qdd768o1_500.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 147

Sheriff

Reaction score
Maxwell, I have ridden with Daryl Baker from Racer's Edge more than once. Him and his friends run big tracks and usually big power with light weight parts. Honestly they can't go where we go, and we can't go where they go. Just completely different ridding. With their group the top rider has the biggest wallet and in our group the top rider is usually younger and stronger. Usually this leaves me trying to follow impossible trenches on the side of a cliff covered in trees. (I am not the top rider)

If you think the 3 x 174 is going to make you hang with the young guys I ride with, you are delusional.

Just trying to figure where it is you are going that Baker and me (friends) can't go?? As for the young guys comment, been proven many times that many young guys quite often start late and go down early.

I have been running a 174x3" track on various sleds since 2010. I don't see anybody running away from me In the trees...in the steep and deep my sled does not take a back seat to many...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cat925

Reaction score
N
Just trying to figure where it is you are going that Baker and me (friends) can't go?? As for the young guys comment, been proven many times that many young guys quite often start late and go down early.

I have been running a 174x3" track on various sleds since 2010. I don't see anybody running away from me In the trees...in the steep and deep my sled does not take a back seat to many...

Well it's nice to see skidoo finally catch up with cat and have built a semi reliable and good working sled but the person with the most balls wins try following Rene from eagle valley on his 154 3 " with what ever you build have fun hold on

Sheriff

Reaction score
N
Well it's nice to see skidoo finally catch up with cat and have built a semi reliable and good working sled but the person with the most balls wins try following Rene from eagle valley on his 154 3 " with what ever you build have fun hold on

That's a 156 x 3" ... Rene can make any sled look good. He is an awesome rider. Put him on my 174 and it's a new game...

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
N
Well it's nice to see skidoo finally catch up with cat and have built a semi reliable and good

What colour is the sky in your world??

beauty (in this case sleds) is in the eye of the beholder. Even for those with an off colored sky or fantasies of who is behind and who is up front.
If some of you would have as much seat time on sled's as you do post's....your eyes would open up to reality a little better.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rene and 5 of buddies took stock sleds out a few years back and all 6 riders agreed that skidoo was the best....way back then. And now look at skidoo.

Top Bottom