13 xm and t3 both work over G4

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
As usual, I will compile a list of insults to a person who dares to say the 850 isn't the best like Brp claims in their 5 million dollar ad and social media tsunami.
Fred is:
Drinking at 3 in the morning
Mixed up
Justifying not buying a new sled
Fred should quit dreaming
850 does Everything better, including breaking down
Oler1234 is an idiot
I will add more as more Dootards join in on the insult party.

Last edited:

Wapow

Reaction score
As usual, I will compile a list of insults to a person who dares to say the 850 isn't the best like Brp claims in their 5 million dollar ad and social media tsunami.
Fred is:
Mixed up
Oler1234 is an idiot

I own both as well. I don't race them, so maybe Fred is right about that, but I can say there is no comparison when it comes to throttle response and handling, which are the elements that make a sled nimble. XM is a good sled, but there's no comparison when it comes to the fun factor. Jumping back an forth it's pretty striking how sluggish the XM handles. Very few have disagreed, but Fred is one of them. Will be interesting to see whether his tune changes when he inevitably buys one next year.

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Fred is:
Mixed up
Oler1234 is an idiot

Im sure glad you're right there by Fred's side to give him support through this tough and terrible time.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am one of the few that has had same outcome as Fred. 16 154 2.5 vs 17 154 3" always seems to be first to the top of the hill in a straight line.

I don't care weather anyone believes him or myself but it happens.

Now does the 850 handle better.... Absolutely, does it rev quicker down low...Sure does. It is more fun to ride no doubt about it however in a straight line the old XM has won Everytime, maybe it's just a bad 850 or a really good 800. Wait the 13 there outpulls the 850 too. Guess not.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is known for building there sleds worse every year... how else would the justify government bailout money!

sounds like farmers and crops... probably hit a nerve on this one
You're a retard...........I'm at a complete loss for words.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out riding today as well, same guys and handle bar deep snow up high.. graves creek in woverine..

We had taken yesterday off and did a few changes that improved G4 over all performance.. we dropped clickers from three to 1 on one sled and were shocked how rpm never changed much, and owner thought track speed improved, on the second machine we installed a lock on rear skid shock to prevent any travel.. basically a skid with out rear sag.. we had deep snow and smoth trails so travel was not needed..

what a change from the other day was instantly seen, driver had full control in steeep and deep and trees, exspeially in wot at slower speeds, skis always locked to snow.. his exact words was night and day.. found a few places where the machine that was locked climbed better and was a eastier to handle than other machine, as for the negatives it's some what harder to handle going down hill around dips and tree wells as you get no sag to help turning in the deep snow

it also seamed to have a edge on 13 xm in these conditions, plan to do the same lock to the xm and other G4 for tomorrow..

totally believe G4 is easier to handle, quicker Rev..if that is what your after, we will compare tommorow with some other g4s

also had a 18cat 165 with us today and it worked very well, great mid tq I had thought but the smaller track was noticeable in that deep of snow, wish they had same foot print as doo.. harder on fuel

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 330

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Torsion spring spacers have worked for lots of guys in this aspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 13&14xm and kid has a 16 xm I have been out with a couple g4s as well It is better stock to stock but a well tuned xm is night and day better than a stock xm or stock g4 Doo has left a lot on the table for tuning on the g4 it needs some major help
When the clutch guys get it dialed on the g4 it will def out perform the xm but I too think I might have to wait 1 more year
hope to demo the cat next week and well see what its like

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're a retard...........I'm at a complete loss for words.

Bahaha, if you've read any of oler's other posts about his XM's and how he tunes them you probably wouldn't be blasting your mouth off like Trudumb.

A spade is a spade, doesn't matter who's it is.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to doing some comparisons myself in the next couple weeks with the 850 against some XM's, 16 pro and a 16 cat.

Keep on posting your findings there Fred, they are always intriguing. 👍

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my azz whooped three times in a row racing up hill behind cabin at lucille.
My cousins sled was a 2016 xp chassis 154 sport with a dated ptec 800.
Fawk i was pizzed.
Off the hardpack and in some snow i got him but not by much.
In 2'+ would likly slaughter him but the 850 is not all that and a bag of chips just sayin. It is responsive and handles well though.
No video but lots of witnesses.

Don't worry fredw, u r not kwazy.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Oler1234 according to snow and mud:
Idiot
Retard
....king brilliant (in a sarcastic way).
Just once I'd like to see a name.calling and then a reason why a guy is an idiot, Retard or whatever name is used. Nope, just name calling here on sandm.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW.... some seriously sensitive people on this thread.
Sorry about my comment. Many people actually believe what u said even if was meant as a joke..... just sick of hearing about the same dribble.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough , his comments about brp and subsidy i get, comparing that to the farming industry aint to ****ing swift
Oler1234 according to snow and mud:
Idiot
Retard
....king brilliant (in a sarcastic way).
Just once I'd like to see a name.calling and then a reason why a guy is an idiot, Retard or whatever name is used. Nope, just name calling here on sandm.

Top Bottom