13 xm and t3 both work over G4

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding last week with a few 165 g4s and seen it first hand the results.. think norona was giving fake news last year..

we had first day a stock 16 t3 174 still with break in and three feet of fresh and no way in hell did the two g4s have even have a chance of going where that thing went, and when a good side hill line was needed, it stook out even better.. all stock skids, and great riders

we also did some trail racing at end of day to trucks and the t3 worked both g4s every time by a few sled links.. mid range tq it just pulled away.. that primary must be weak in the G4 if doo is making 10 more hp out of engine..

second day we had the 2.5 13 xm with 4500km on it and similar results, maybe not as profound as the 174 t3, but still as good or better then G4 in deep and on the trails it also beat g4s by a few sled links.. the owners of g4s were both speechless of results..

Talking after in trailer and both owners peed off to have went down hill, from previous model

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird. I've been riding my 163 t3 all winter with a couple G4 sleds. I have a pipe with Team clutching. The G4 flat out beats me everywhere with a weaker rider on it.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own all of those MY. The G4 is definitely the better machine. They are all fun to ride.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 14 xm, the G4 spanks my sled.... I would agree the G4 is not as good on the trails and is way more tippy, i found myself taking the trails up and down much slower, but in the deep and steep or trees that G4 is almost twice the sled.

Skidoomiles

Reaction score
The 850 G4 is definitely not what brp advertised. It is far from what they promised. I have an xm and a 850 and the 850 is better. The guys making claims that their stock xm's are killing the 850 should quit dreaming. They are only trying to justify not spending money on a new sled. I have not seen or experienced the xm dominate an 850.

Don't get me wrong the 850 needs work!!!!!! But hopefully BRP steps up their game as the competition definitely has.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
The 850 G4 is definitely not what brp advertised. It is far from what they promised. I have an xm and a 850 and the 850 is better. The guys making claims that their stock xm's are killing the 850 should quit dreaming. They are only trying to justify not spending money on a new sled. I have not seen or experienced the xm dominate an 850.

Don't get me wrong the 850 needs work!!!!!! But hopefully BRP steps up their game as the competition definitely has.

Maybe hookup with Fred and have him setup your xm. Then you too will have an xm that spanks the 850.

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Well Fred.......
I own a 14 XM and a 850 Gen4. Ive taken them both to the hills on 5 trips this year. My buddy and I switch back and forth regularly for the purpose of comparison between the two. I love the XM, but the 850 does EVERYTHING better.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this rate I will be able to buy a Gen 4 SP 154 out the door around 11 grand......can't wait. Snopro......keep me in the loop when brp slashes the 2017 prices :beer:

Rulonjj

Reaction score
My 2009 xp walks all over my 850 as well. It's not even close. Like 4 sled lengths ahead.

Oh wait. I don't even own a 2009 anymore. Never mind. Must have been dreaming.

Rulonjj

Reaction score
After seeing a lot of threads and responses like this from Fred it looks like he is one of those few people that believe the xm is the greatest mountain sled ever built. Who could ever think the 850 is an upgrade? Lol

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well last year and this year coming have been my turn to upgrade. I'm still pretty satisfied with my xm turbo but it would be nice to have the piece of mind with a new machine, I don't do first year offerings anymore and it seems like second year will be risky too. I'm pretty gun shy since i hit crap all the time and dont wanna be down doing 12 hour repairs. I think fred is like me, wants to believe but can't get past the crap on all the forums. So here we go another year on the old one till everyone is doing well and there are no more problems that they say are small but for a guy like me pulling a motor to do a repair just don't fly.

Top Bottom