Bruderheim, new provincial recreation area?

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out there sunday, there was a fair number of people there, didnt see any cops.

had a great day, lots of friendly people willing to help out when i had a flat tire, and got to rip it up with a wildcat!

OHV COP

Reaction score
Hey to clear a few things up. Bruderheim is a mix of Private, Crown and Municipal owned land. It falls within Strathcona County. Strathcona County RCMP along with Enforcement Services have been asked by the Prov and Private owners to patrol these areas. Any private property out there is fair game as it is private with access to the public. It is no different than driving through a home depot parking lot without a seat belt and getting pulled over and ticketed by local law enforcement. If cops were out there ruining everyone's day they could by giving trespassing tickets and arresting such people. So the general public does not have permission to be on the land but said Police do. However that is not the approach being taken at this time. The goal is to have people go to that area and ride in a safe legal way and to have fun. ID, reg, insurance and a plate is all you need..... and of course gas. I hope this helps clear up the confusion.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that OHVCOP with all the misinformation in this thread its nice to get the facts. Hope you guys keep busting the idiots out there so they don't ruin it for everyone else.

If you can't afford registration and insurance stay home.

Sent from my Note2

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
disability insurance only covers what you have in bills coming in that you have taken that insurance out on. or if you have life insurance that convers disability. on some accident policies you will get some compensation for injury but it wont cover your wages, nor be enough to live off of I believe you only get enough to cover your healthcare costs. and you'll get that regardless of if your on crown or private land. don't quote me on that

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHVCOP- How has the idea of permanent one time registration stickers been received?

It would be a much more convenient method of registration, although not nearly as much of a cash cow. It would also prevent people from being non-compliant with the one time sticker. This was mentioned in a license plate thread a while ago and you said you were going to put the feelers out...

I have two quads, three sleds, two mini bikes, a mini quad, and an old CR250. Most get used once or twice per year and keeping valid plates is not only very inconvenient but expensive considering the amount of usage.

Boat registration is a one time deal though Transport Canada...

OHV COP

Reaction score
OHVCOP- How has the idea of permanent one time registration stickers been received?

It would be a much more convenient method of registration, although not nearly as much of a cash cow. It would also prevent people from being non-compliant with the one time sticker. This was mentioned in a license plate thread a while ago and you said you were going to put the feelers out...

I have two quads, three sleds, two mini bikes, a mini quad, and an old CR250. Most get used once or twice per year and keeping valid plates is not only very inconvenient but expensive considering the amount of usage.

Boat registration is a one time deal though Transport Canada...

Hi there,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond I was re-tasked for a while and my partner was off for a while. The reg sticker is still being looked into at a Prov Reg level. I have calls into several places and with all things GOV this will take time. I will keep you updated as I hear back.

Thanks!!

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to know where to get this insurance that covers my lost wages if I get injured on a quad...

usually its called short or long term disability and its usually through group/company benefits. example is my short term kicks in after 10 days off sick or disabled in a row at 80% or 100% my regular wage, long term kicks in after 2-3 months and it is 60% of my regular wage and can last for life but they will always try to find you a new role or train you for a new job if its that bad

with the rules if EI now, if they find out your on a disability program they probably wont provide coverage. but just a guess

Jay-crf450r

Banned
Reaction score
Hey to clear a few things up. Bruderheim is a mix of Private, Crown and Municipal owned land. It falls within Strathcona County. Strathcona County RCMP along with Enforcement Services have been asked by the Prov and Private owners to patrol these areas. Any private property out there is fair game as it is private with access to the public. It is no different than driving through a home depot parking lot without a seat belt and getting pulled over and ticketed by local law enforcement. If cops were out there ruining everyone's day they could by giving trespassing tickets and arresting such people. So the general public does not have permission to be on the land but said Police do. However that is not the approach being taken at this time. The goal is to have people go to that area and ride in a safe legal way and to have fun. ID, reg, insurance and a plate is all you need..... and of course gas. I hope this helps clear up the confusion.
for a cop you sure don't know the law!!!! ASKED IS NOT THE SAME AS WARRENTED!!! HOW ABOUT I SAVE YOU FACE AND GET YOUR LAWS CORRECT!!! oh btw I never said I didn't like your presence there,,in fact I in courage it, makes for a safer area. alls I was pointing out is you can't issue tickets that hold up in court on private land.. see you out there.. try to entrap me sir!!! you cannot come onto my land ,and tell me what to do or to ride with reg or ins,, its my private land and if I want to ride uninsured I will no different then haulin our uninsured 4x4's to private land called or any of the local mx tracks.. you come onto my land to observe only,if you issue me a ticket I will sue for entrapment!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!! support 81

Last edited:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for a cop you sure don't know the law!!!! ASKED IS NOT THE SAME AS WARRENTED!!! HOW ABOUT I SAVE YOU FACE AND GET YOUR LAWS CORRECT!!! oh btw I never said I didn't like your presence there,,in fact I in courage it, makes for a safer area. alls I was pointing out is you can't issue tickets that hold up in court on private land.. see you out there.. try to in tramp me sir!!!

i got a stunting ticket in the peace river IGA parking lot years ago. i asked but its private property, didnt matter one of the cops said

i did get out of the ticket but it was because of my superior english skills to the fact that french was his first language

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for a cop you sure don't know the law!!!! ASKED IS NOT THE SAME AS WARRENTED!!! HOW ABOUT I SAVE YOU FACE AND GET YOUR LAWS CORRECT!!! oh btw I never said I didn't like your presence there,,in fact I in courage it, makes for a safer area. alls I was pointing out is you can't issue tickets that hold up in court on private land.. see you out there.. try to in tramp me sir!!! you cannot come onto my land ,and tell me what to do or to ride with reg or ins,, its my private land and if I want to ride uninsured I will no different then haulin our uninsured 4x4's to private land called or any of the local mx tracks.. you come onto my land to observe only,if you issue me a ticket I will sue for intrampment!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!! support 81

I don't think there's any dispute about what you can do on your own land or land that you've been invited to use. However, the fact is that a lot of land owners there do not openly welcome us onto their land and have asked law enforcement for a little help. It may be true that you can't be issued an HTA tcket on land that is private, but they sure as hell can start issuing tresspassing tickets at the owners' request. Even if that is the case, you better be damned sure not to get caught in any ditches, crossing any roads, or on any other portion of the area that is not private without your papers.

PS. Before you waste an officer's time in court, you may want to ensure the person representing you can spell "entrapment". Better yet, you may want to find out what it means first.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if you are going to argue legal facts, you may want to refrain from spelling "entrapment" wrong and using statements like "alls I have to say" just sayin.
for a cop you sure don't know the law!!!! ASKED IS NOT THE SAME AS WARRENTED!!! HOW ABOUT I SAVE YOU FACE AND GET YOUR LAWS CORRECT!!! oh btw I never said I didn't like your presence there,,in fact I in courage it, makes for a safer area. alls I was pointing out is you can't issue tickets that hold up in court on private land.. see you out there.. try to in tramp me sir!!! you cannot come onto my land ,and tell me what to do or to ride with reg or ins,, its my private land and if I want to ride uninsured I will no different then haulin our uninsured 4x4's to private land called or any of the local mx tracks.. you come onto my land to observe only,if you issue me a ticket I will sue for intrampment!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!! support 81

Jay-crf450r

Banned
Reaction score
i got a stunting ticket in the peace river IGA parking lot years ago. i asked but its private property, didnt matter one of the cops said

i did get out of the ticket but it was because of my superior english skills to the fact that french was his first language
KEY WORD (PUBLIC) access parking lots aren't considered private land. just to give you all the heads up.. private land means warrents only issued by a judge to give access to the land to observe crime of a certain individual or group of, if the cop cannot prove crime within the period of the warrant the warrant is tossed out, and theres no such thing as a continuous warrant, they are issued with a time limit,persons name, or group of said persons names, and if no crime is commited with said warrant then the judge will not issue another unless a crime was commited, and proven by witnesses.. sorry to be a dick but I hate cops/government and you trying to scare the public with lies is by far the worst thing a law enforcement agent can do,, considering we the public are suppose to trust you? yet the lies prove me otherwise.. as an employee of penn west, verbal permission held up in court won't get you far.

Jay-crf450r

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think there's any dispute about what you can do on your own land or land that you've been invited to use. However, the fact is that a lot of land owners there do not openly welcome us onto their land and have asked law enforcement for a little help. It may be true that you can't be issued an HTA tcket on land that is private, but they sure as hell can start issuing tresspassing tickets at the owners' request. Even if that is the case, you better be damned sure not to get caught in any ditches, crossing any roads, or on any other portion of the area that is not private without your papers.
what you saying my crf450r competition bike is registered as a motorcycle as the 450cc qualifys for that and with a class 6 license I go where ever I want!! sorry officer but this is life, and unless you have a court document to prove otherwise. like you say to us.. have a nice day!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom