Bruderheim, new provincial recreation area?

rednblue

Reaction score
ya make sure you you have ID, valid registration and insurance and your plate affixed to your machine... i hear from a close source that the warnings are over. All documents must be with you.

You CAN ride in Strathcona county, just not on roads ie RR or Twp rds or on County land (incl ditches) The sands pits are ok..JUST MAKE SURE AND STAY OFF THE ROAD.

Good call on the running from police...If you run and and get caught...which you will...thats criminal flight from police...doesn't look good on the resume.

2010 650 red CAN AM, after market lights....

robbiewood

Reaction score
ya make sure you you have ID, valid registration and insurance and your plate affixed to your machine... i hear from a close source that the warnings are over. All documents must be with you.

You CAN ride in Strathcona county, just not on roads ie RR or Twp rds or on County land (incl ditches) The sands pits are ok..JUST MAKE SURE AND STAY OFF THE ROAD.

Good call on the running from police...If you run and and get caught...which you will...thats criminal flight from police...doesn't look good on the resume.

2010 650 red CAN AM, after market lights....

Sorry but that is garbage...there is no such offence as "criminal flight from the police" and IF (and I am not in any way advocating it) you CHOOSE to "run" it is VERY hard to prove you heard / saw the officer (lights are useless in the bush and the quads I have seen dont have sirens...and I know the owner and head tech of the company that builds all the RCMP and city Police vehicle...even they have said they are inadequate)

Before you start ripping on me I have all my paperwork (I refuse to show a peace officer it though and refuse to provide my licence as I legally dont need one to ride a dirtbike and there is no law that says I have to carry id, IF the POLICE / RCMP want to see id then they will just have to follow me to my vehicle where it is safely kept....and provide a bloody good reason for asking me to show it...and yes I have been in this situation at Bruderheim and YES the officer radioed and discovered I was right)

Just be sensible, but all this doom and gloom is unnecessary and I do wish people would stop giving advice without having the prior knowledge and experience to be able to know what they are talking about. (Yes I have a Law degree so I know how to read statute etc):)

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not even know you needed paper work and plates to go quadding. Hell i just paid a whole pile of money and wasted some time just to go boating. Back to the drawing board for more wasted time and money. Oh what a minute maybe it is free???

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not even know you needed paper work and plates to go quadding. Hell i just paid a whole pile of money and wasted some time just to go boating. Back to the drawing board for more wasted time and money. Oh what a minute maybe it is free???

BC, is a whole different place to ride, than Alberta, for a OFF-HIGHWAY Vehical.

Know Before You Go. Bruce.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every albertan comes over to BC to go sledding, and fishing and now maybe quadding. I am crossing my fingers they get rid of gun registry.....hopefully. Then tackle the rest. Then stay the hell home in your own province ..Ha ha.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent all day at Bruderheim with the family and friends yesterday. Got checked twice, once by the RCMP and once by the CO's. Have absolutely no issue with this, hopefully it will keep the morons and idiots that are spoiling this area for the rest of us away.

Now for my rant... why is it that guys feel that the staging area is a great place to rip around, pull donuts and wheelies and be a general pain in the ass? Staging area is just that... a staging area. There are a lot of people / families that use this area and your stupidity just puts everyone else at risk. Couple of close calls yesterday for no reason other than riders that fail to respect other users. It's no wonder we get such a bad name sometimes :nono:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very simple. They want you to notice their ability to ride, their brand new machine or they are just plain stupid. I vote for the third one.

rednblue

Reaction score
Sorry but that is garbage...there is no such offence as "criminal flight from the police" and IF (and I am not in any way advocating it) you CHOOSE to "run" it is VERY hard to prove you heard / saw the officer (lights are useless in the bush and the quads I have seen dont have sirens...and I know the owner and head tech of the company that builds all the RCMP and city Police vehicle...even they have said they are inadequate)

Before you start ripping on me I have all my paperwork (I refuse to show a peace officer it though and refuse to provide my licence as I legally dont need one to ride a dirtbike and there is no law that says I have to carry id, IF the POLICE / RCMP want to see id then they will just have to follow me to my vehicle where it is safely kept....and provide a bloody good reason for asking me to show it...and yes I have been in this situation at Bruderheim and YES the officer radioed and discovered I was right)

Just be sensible, but all this doom and gloom is unnecessary and I do wish people would stop giving advice without having the prior knowledge and experience to be able to know what they are talking about. (Yes I have a Law degree so I know how to read statute etc):)

He is certainly right about 1 thing, you do not need a licence to drive an OHV on crown/public land. HOWEVER, you need to provide ID when you are in violation of the TSA or any other statute so the officer can identify you. You must present proof of insurance and registration when operating an OHV on public land in Alberta. A licence plate must also be attached and visible on your OHV - Traffic safety act and/or the OHVR Off highway Vehicle regulation.

I am not going to continue pick a part every statement from this writer, which could be easily done. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Starthcona County RCMP at 780-467-7741 and ask for the OHV section. I especially encourage the writer of this post to call, or better yet, stop the officers at the pits and introduce yourself.

Over and out

Rednblue...Quad with a loud siren

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to abide by the silly laws just go ride somewhere where you won't be bothered. Theres only 1 place near Grande Prairie where the RCMP hang out, and theres about 10 different places to ride in the same vacinity. Just drive another 5km and don't worry about all the BS.

sassymudbug

Reaction score
We were out there this weekend and we had no issues. They were there, and if they would have stopped us we would have produce ins and reg, with no problems. We had a great time out there.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems Robbiewood didn't read the name of the person who's post he criticized. "Rednblue", hmm I wonder who that could be. This guy is obviously an enforcement officer or sorts and is being very courteous and helpful by anonymously posting the rules and laws that he enforces. Thanks from all of us responsible riders for the helpful posts.

robbiewood

Reaction score
Well, it seems Robbiewood didn't read the name of the person who's post he criticized. "Rednblue", hmm I wonder who that could be. This guy is obviously an enforcement officer or sorts and is being very courteous and helpful by anonymously posting the rules and laws that he enforces. Thanks from all of us responsible riders for the helpful posts.

I have PM'd the person in question, lets see what comes of it shall we?

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score

I have PM'd the person in question, lets see what comes of it shall we?

Robbiewood, you might be barkin up the wrong tree dude. Ignore all your Law school bullch!t and look at the glaringly obvious and go with your gut. "rednblue" who the hell whould get a screen name like that...mmmm COP. Who would be rambling about statue of limi..whatever, and OHV regulations AB gov't and so on. And especially when he calls your bluff... "quad with the really loud siren"

I for one would like rednblue to maybe give us a little more info on who he is Because the ones that like to get along with the "fuzz" would like to know how to stream line the encounter so we can get back to ATV ing as soon as possible.

And you MR iam a law school grad can be the guy stuck on the side of the trail arguing fact or fiction with the cop for 2 hours hahahahaha, your loss man

robbiewood

Reaction score
Robbiewood, you might be barkin up the wrong tree dude. Ignore all your Law school bullch!t and look at the glaringly obvious and go with your gut. "rednblue" who the hell whould get a screen name like that...mmmm COP. Who would be rambling about statue of limi..whatever, and OHV regulations AB gov't and so on. And especially when he calls your bluff... "quad with the really loud siren"

I for one would like rednblue to maybe give us a little more info on who he is Because the ones that like to get along with the "fuzz" would like to know how to stream line the encounter so we can get back to ATV ing as soon as possible.

And you MR iam a law school grad can be the guy stuck on the side of the trail arguing fact or fiction with the cop for 2 hours hahahahaha, your loss man

Erm yeah its fairly obvious he is a Officer of some sort, I apologise I didnt realise that a LLB was an entry requirement, or that Police wrote the Legislation? I always thought they IMPLEMETED Legislation written by....wait for it...LAWYERS and they just presented a case to the Crown Prosecution (A LAWYER) and the CP and myself discussed it in Court in front of a Judge (ANOTHER LAWYER) do you see the theme here??
I was trying to help people on this forum who seem to think that Bruderheim is a tough place to ride, by offering some advice. No where in my post did I advocate NOT having correct documents or breaking any law, all I said was SOME officers try to exceed their powers given by Legislation and that you had no legal reason to oblige them.
I will quit trying to be helpful and let you guys continue to post bullsh*t. I'll just keep riding legally and upholding my rights so to do.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Erm yeah its fairly obvious he is a Officer of some sort, I apologise I didnt realise that a LLB was an entry requirement, or that Police wrote the Legislation? I always thought they IMPLEMETED Legislation written by....wait for it...LAWYERS and they just presented a case to the Crown Prosecution (A LAWYER) and the CP and myself discussed it in Court in front of a Judge (ANOTHER LAWYER) do you see the theme here??
I was trying to help people on this forum who seem to think that Bruderheim is a tough place to ride, by offering some advice. No where in my post did I advocate NOT having correct documents or breaking any law, all I said was SOME officers try to exceed their powers given by Legislation and that you had no legal reason to oblige them.
I will quit trying to be helpful and let you guys continue to post bullsh*t. I'll just keep riding legally and upholding my rights so to do.

look robbie, Im only saying telling a man of the law to shove it when he asks for the most basic of documents seems foolish, and very iggnorant.

If you have a better way of getting threw the encounter, rather then saying to shove it, by all means let us know. On a quad we don't have the option of saying well I did not have room to carry it or not have a spot for a plate.

But by your statements above..you are iggnorant. Sounds like if it wasn't for lawyer's the world as a society would end.:rolleyes:

I have a brother in law who is currently in school to be a lawyer, he adopts this attitude more and more every time I see him.

Dont suppose you carry your diploma around with you to prove to him what you are?

Dillinger

Reaction score

I got pulled over the other day and yes the quads do have a siren now...caught my attention. You are right on the Criminal Flight unless there is a indictable/summary/hybrid offence there is no criminal flight. That being said the courts have ruled document checks for drivers licence/reg/pink card is a valid reason for a stop. Also under sec 124 of the traffic safety act you need to produce ID. So if you don't have it you risk being towed/ticketed. I was stopped by a couple younger Peace Officer who knew his ch!t. So keep with the attitude see how far that gets ya.

Jay-crf450r

Banned
Reaction score
bruderheim is private land owned by all the signs posted!!! rcmp are not allowed to issue tickets ,and or pull you over!! until this land is purchased by alberta government which currently its not, they have zero jurisdiction there without a signed warrant or a criminal chase insued there. however, i'm fully ins and reg as I own a 2012 crf450r, for theft or fire reasons, too add the liability ins is something your gonna want anyways in case you disable yourself the ins covers all wages lost due to missing work from breaking urself on crownland, but in bruderheim if you need to be heli lifted out of there you cant say you was on crown land and get zero liability ins as its on private land too which you can sue the land owners!! too add if i'm looking forward at all times, WHY? cause theres no traffic signs no where and no lanes to switch, so me looking behind me is a hazard driving twisty turns and going over whoopy whopps, sorry cops I look forward at all times.. I would love to see a quad keep up to a crf450r dirtbike, not gonna happen. hell last winter I flew past the cops with studded tires, later on I was at my truck taking a break, and he asked me if I was wide open, I said yes sir, he said holy chit, we're screwed trying to catch stolen 450dirtbikes,, I laughed,, and said heres my email address send me a list of stolen bikes and quads which a contact ph# and ill chase them down for ya!!! lol he never did ask to see my ins or reg he knew I don't play games, plus if he looked up my name a big red transparent X used to appear on their puter screen, notsure if it still does, but that's "approach with caution" as I used to get drunk and beat up cops!! 1% outlaw 81 forlife!!

Last edited:

OHV COP

Reaction score
bruderheim is private land owned by all the signs posted!!! rcmp are not allowed to issue tickets ,and or pull you over!! until this land is purchased by alberta government which currently its not, they have zero jurisdiction there without a signed warrant or a criminal chase insued there. however, i'm fully ins and reg as I own a 2012 crf450r, for theft or fire reasons, too add the liability ins is something your gonna want anyways in case you disable yourself the ins covers all wages lost due to missing work from breaking urself on crownland, but in bruderheim if you need to be heli lifted out of there you cant say you was on crown land and get zero liability ins as its on private land too which you can sue the land owners!! too add if i'm looking forward at all times, WHY? cause theres no traffic signs no where and no lanes to switch, so me looking behind me is a hazard driving twisty turns and going over whoopy whopps, sorry cops I look forward at all times.. I would love to see a quad keep up to a crf450r dirtbike, not gonna happen. hell last winter I flew past the cops with studded tires, later on I was at my truck taking a break, and he asked me if I was wide open, I said yes sir, he said holy chit, we're screwed trying to catch stolen 450dirtbikes,, I laughed,, and said heres my email address send me a list of stolen bikes and quads which a contact ph# and ill chase them down for ya!!! lol he never did ask to see my ins or reg he knew I don't play games, plus if he looked up my name a big red transparent X used to appear on their puter screen, notsure if it still does, but that's "approach with caution" as I used to get drunk and beat up cops!! 1% outlaw 81 forlife!!

All of this is not correct. Also you are a very good story teller. I will let you save face by not telling the other half of the story. See you soon.

Top Bottom