Bruderheim, new provincial recreation area?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out at Bruderheim this weekend and was stopped by the rangers. They are checking everyones insurance and registrations. They told us that Bruderheim is going to become a recreational area complete with campsites and toilets, has anyone else heard about this? Oh and they are going to have more of a presence out there this year so make sure your paperwork is up to date. You should have seen the number of people clearing out when they realized that they were out there. Also they will be starting to use Quads to catch you if you aren't paying your registrations.:police-035::quad-racer:

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also they will be starting to use Quads to catch you if you aren't paying your registrations.:police-035::quad-racer:

Thats good, there are too many people out there riding without papers.

If you can afford the machine, then you should be able to afford the paperwork

The more people they find without paperwork, the more often they come out, the more of a negative attitude people get towards them.

I have no issues with them stopping me, check my papers and make sure im legal. It keeps people safe and lets us all ride and have fun.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Good on them, paperwork should be checked all the time, everywhere. I feel that most of the people out there giving our sport a bad rap don't ride legal because they are the type to just buck the system.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out at Bruderheim this weekend and was stopped by the rangers. They are checking everyones insurance and registrations. They told us that Bruderheim is going to become a recreational area complete with campsites and toilets, has anyone else heard about this? Oh and they are going to have more of a presence out there this year so make sure your paperwork is up to date. You should have seen the number of people clearing out when they realized that they were out there. Also they will be starting to use Quads to catch you if you aren't paying your registrations.:police-035::quad-racer:

RCMP had quads out there last year....it's a good thing

Andrew.L

Reaction score
piglets have been out there a lot this year already on quads.. actually veery single weekend since the snow was ALMOST gone.
They ride RED CanAm's and will hide in the bush and cut you off. They will follow you until you stop, and they do have lights that are blue and red on their quads... oh and they will take you bike or quad away if they want as well.

just so you know

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And typically the ones causing problems refer to the RCMP/Fish and wildlife officers as "PIGLETS", not pointing fingers just saying!!

IDK i call them names and I don't cause chit. I think its a good thing they are checking, been stopped by the parkland quad cop lots and never any trouble as long as all your papers are good. Kinda keeps the dumb and rowdy off the trails.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
piglets have been out there a lot this year already on quads.. actually veery single weekend since the snow was ALMOST gone.
They ride RED CanAm's and will hide in the bush and cut you off. They will follow you until you stop, and they do have lights that are blue and red on their quads... oh and they will take you bike or quad away if they want as well.

just so you know

Id like to see them chase me :d

BigDaddy-O-

Reaction score
You cant outrun a radio signal and you gotta stage somewhere, you might want to think about that before runnning from them....

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

read the local community paper and didn't see anything about recreational area - but did read that they will be out there and in redwater more often to check for insurance and registrations.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should also cut down on the amount of area's that peeps can ride stolen units also.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could this be a result of the survey they did awhile ago? I wonder though how this will affect the area. I heard from the ranger that Redwater has a bigger area to ride in. Anyone have an opinion of the riding there? Is there a route to go from one area to the other legally?

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could this be a result of the survey they did awhile ago? I wonder though how this will affect the area. I heard from the ranger that Redwater has a bigger area to ride in. Anyone have an opinion of the riding there? Is there a route to go from one area to the other legally?

No legal route, :nono: once you leave The North Bruderheim Natural Area, and travel to the West of RR 205,you are in Strathcona County, NO RIDE ATV'S, Patrolled by the RCMP out of Sherwood Park, and they too have Quads.
Redwater Natural Area, in the Sturgeon County, has 4,528.48 Ac. North Bruderheim Natural Area has 493.80 Ac. There is a good possability that this area might be closed :realmad: to OFF-Road Vehicles??? with this new designation that is being considered.???

Stay on the trails, Bruce.:cool:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last fall i heard that the bruderheim area will be camp sites and closed to atvs in the future. the redwater area will be open up to atvs, patrolled possible trail passes etc

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love riding in Bruderhiem... smaller by quite a bit to Redwater though.

But the downside to Redwater, even though it is huge, is that it is whooped out all to hell

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

just so you know

By your attitude must be first hand experience???? Just wondering

sled

Reaction score
And typically the ones causing problems refer to the RCMP/Fish and wildlife officers as "PIGLETS", not pointing fingers just saying!!

I Agree with you on the name calling of officers. Sounds like someone was nailed for some reason and lost some machinces or money!
:smiliestirthepot:

Top Bottom