Boston Bruins

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FRom what i've watched of the series in the east they'll have to step it up a few notches if they want to beat out the team from the west. Just sayin.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really?? :eek::beer: You apparently haven't watched enough games in the east. We'll see how the Canucks fair, if they get there, against a team that actually plays some defense,ain't afraid to drop the gloves and has a goalie that's worth a sh!t. ;)

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha. Neither team has secured a spot in the final and the war of words has already begun! too funny! I say bring it on! :d:d:beer::beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats alright maybe someone will sponsor the bruins with some red bull so they will be able to keep up to van's speed.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They better toughen up if they play the Bruins, especially your boy Kesler. That boy deserves an Oscar for some of the falls and dives he's taken. :crying3:

Bring that cup back to Beantown and in the USA where it belongs!!;):beer::beer::d

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They better toughen up if they play the Bruins, especially your boy Kesler. That boy deserves an Oscar for some of the falls and dives he's taken. :crying3:

Bring that cup back to Beantown and in the USA where it belongs!!;):beer::beer::d

he does come from the US right? hahaha

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really?? :eek::beer: You apparently haven't watched enough games in the east. We'll see how the Canucks fair, if they get there, against a team that actually plays some defense,ain't afraid to drop the gloves and has a goalie that's worth a sh!t. ;)

I think nashville had exactly that

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is from Michigan.........ahahahahahahaha!!!! :d

I've been keeping an eye on the stats in the playoffs and if the B's and Canucks play each other, it will be a very good series as they are both listed at the top of the team stats, yesterday Boston was ranked # 1 over all and today, it's the Canucks, if we win tonight, we go back to # 1. I'll be on the edge of my seat tonight and if they win, you might hear me holler all the way down there in Vancouver!!:beer::beer::beer:

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be on the edge of my seat tonight and if they win, you might hear me holler all the way down there in Vancouver!!:beer::beer::beer:

So ya are listening to the sound of silence?

I hope the B's get er done on Friday, the Nucks are better suited to play the B's then the Bolts.

However the Eastern Final looks a lot slower then the West one was. Foot speed should make a difference if the nucks play the B's or Bolts.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling that the Bolts were going to take it in Tampa but the Bruins did make it a very interesting game. I didn't think either goalie played very well and Thomas got caught out of the cage several times which cost him. What gets me is how the Bruins let some of the Lightning players just stand around in front of the net without making them pay the price. That first goal by St Louis should have never happened and he should have been flattened by Chara. I feel pretty good about our chances in Boston though, the home crowd will be pumped up for this one.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They definitely stand a better chance at home then on Tampa ice.. BUT.. i'm hoping with all the added pressure to win the final on home ice Boston will make some serious mistakes that Tampa will, hopefully, capitalize on...

It's been an interesting series...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Huh well the game i watched with tampa and the bruins lastnight where these defense men and goalies that you speak of??? The team that showed up lastnight i dont think would to much trouble for the nucks. They weren't layin out really big hits or anything really. I wasn't really impressed by either of the teams play lastnight.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't really impressed by either of the teams play lastnight.

Brutal defensive coverage by Boston last night.:eek::eek: Tampa's PP and Boston's brutal PK was the difference. Should be an interesting game 7; but if who ever plays the Nucks doesn't get their game in order for the final round the Nucks are gonna steamroller them.:beer::beer::beer:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh well the game i watched with tampa and the bruins lastnight where these defense men and goalies that you speak of??? The team that showed up lastnight i dont think would to much trouble for the nucks. They weren't layin out really big hits or anything really. I wasn't really impressed by either of the teams play lastnight.
Exactly what I would expect from a Canucks homer.;)

So your telling me that every game the Canucks played so far they've played flawlessly?:confused:

I don't think so. Last nights games was the worst that I've seen Thomas or Roloson play so far in the playoffs and Luongo has been far from stellar himself. Frankly, I try to play nice with you boys but some of you are so biased you can't see past your own team, but that's cool.:cool:

Whomever faces the Canucks will give them everything they've bargained for and then some, you can bank on that.:beer:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I would expect from a Canucks homer.;)

So your telling me that every game the Canucks played so far they've played flawlessly?:confused:

I don't think so. Last nights games was the worst that I've seen Thomas or Roloson play so far in the playoffs and Luongo has been far from stellar himself. Frankly, I try to play nice with you boys but some of you are so biased you can't see past your own team, but that's cool.:cool:

Whomever faces the Canucks will give them everything they've bargained for and then some, you can bank on that.:beer:

hahahaha. yes you do play nice as some of my Facebook friends who are Bruins fans are down right nasty! :eek: Anyway, you have to realize that Canuck fans are so desperate to see the cup that we have to keep pinching ourselves to make sure this is not a dream and we have a chance at it. So anyone trying to enter this great dream is going to get his a$$ kicked! :d:beer:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand that but you have to understand that it's been almost 40 years since we won THE cup and we are just as desperate to win one as you.:beer::beer::beer:

My Patriots have won 3 SB rings, Celtics have won 1 NBA title and my beloved Red Sox finally broke an 86 year jinx with 2 WS championships, all of this in the last decade. So now we want a Stanley Cup to round things off, nothing wrong with that right?;):d

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand that but you have to understand that it's been almost 40 years since we won THE cup and we are just as desperate to win one as you.:beer::beer::beer:

My Patriots have won 3 SB rings, Celtics have won 1 NBA title and my beloved Red Sox finally broke an 86 year jinx with 2 WS championships, all of this in the last decade. So now we want a Stanley Cup to round things off, nothing wrong with that right?;):d

lets just say that we should be first as we have never won the cup ;)

Boy you must have an easy going job and wife to follow all these teams. Just following the Canucks really cuts into my "honey to do list" lately :)

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Job doesn't interfer with my hockey games but I will say the wife is getting real tired of hockey almost every night. :rant: Luckily for her, it's almost done. :(

But after hockey is over then I have the baseball season to follow, luckily for me, she's a Red Sox fan also.:d

Top Bottom