I read this on facebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180107-094916.png
    Screenshot_20180107-094916.png
    589 KB · Views: 882

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope they are ok, lots of slides yesterday.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good old toilet bowl strikes again

Hope they are found, but dunno if closing the hill is the right way to do it s.a.r

It's super foggy in sicamous, I can only imagine revy is worse as per normal

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good old toilet bowl strikes again

Hope they are found, but dunno if closing the hill is the right way to do it s.a.r

It's super foggy in sicamous, I can only imagine revy is worse as per normal

Keeping the inexperienced keeners out would be a good thing but the guys that know the area like the back of there hand should be allowed to go in. Me and a buddy found a sledder that had been lost for two nights after SAR couldn't find him about 8 years ago.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keeping the inexperienced keeners out would be a good thing but the guys that know the area like the back of there hand should be allowed to go in. Me and a buddy found a sledder that had been lost for two nights after SAR couldn't find him about 8 years ago.
Yes I agree 110 %

Let a group of say 20-30 that know the area, all with radios e.c.t, split into 5 man groups and grid search

That's what we did for Travis 2 years ago, only had 2 groups that were there to search mind you

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they had rented sleds and were inexperienced. I never rented sleds out unless they were going out with a friend that new the area. Sometimes you need to protect people from themselves.

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Hopefully with rental sleds, there may be location beacons on those. I doubt it...but definitely an idea. Hope these riders are found safe.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's just hope all is well.
A litlle scare will lead to lots of learnings and maybe some training by more than just those involved.

Patience by all, the truth will be out soon enough.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's just hope all is well.
A litlle scare will lead to lots of learnings and maybe some training by more than just those involved.

Patience by all, the truth will be out soon enough.
Remember last year the guy that died 1km from the cabin...........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who rented sleds to these guys?
It's like giving a monkey a loaded gun.
Do we have new info? Were they lost? Were they in a slide? Maybe we should wait and see what happened when they are found?

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who rented sleds to these guys?
It's like giving a monkey a loaded gun.

If they have packs and beacons why is this the rental companies problem. These 2 are adults and should able to make there own decisions. You have to make people accountable for there own actions. Trying to blame a rental company cause 2 guys made mistake is the wrong way to look at it. That's like saying Ford goes to fast, made you speed, and blame Ford for getting the ticket. Just hope they find them safe and sound and they can learn from it

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope these guys are found safe. But there is no reason for this in todays world of technology. 1: Ride with an in-reach or Spot satellite messenger. You are always locatable if lost or injured. 2: Carry two way radios and put the channel you are using on your truck window in the parking lot. 3: Do not ride areas you don't know well without a guide or someone who knows the area. Accidents can and will happen, pays to be prepared.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope these guys are found safe. But there is no reason for this in todays world of technology. 1: Ride with an in-reach or Spot satellite messenger. You are always locatable if lost or injured. 2: Carry two way radios and put the channel you are using on your truck window in the parking lot. 3: Do not ride areas you don't know well without a guide or someone who knows the area. Accidents can and will happen, pays to be prepared.

All very good ideas!!!

Top Bottom