Heated house floor

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can if in concrete floor put in a floor sensor to control tstat, this will control temp over shoot, our basement floor does't have it and temp overshoot is 2 degree's.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can if in concrete floor put in a floor sensor to control tstat, this will control temp over shoot, our basement floor does't have it and temp overshoot is 2 degree's.
You may want to look at your thermostat's settings or upgrading to a modern electronic one if yours is an older or basic one.
Some have a setting for hydronic or slow reacting heat systems that predict and prevent this as well as short cycling.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
What is the temperature of fluid to your floor. My whole house is infloor and my cabin basement slab. I have zero overshoot. You might be overheating your floor.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to look at your thermostat's settings or upgrading to a modern electronic one if yours is an older or basic one.
Some have a setting for hydronic or slow reacting heat systems that predict and prevent this as well as short cycling.
We have a nest thermostate

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the temperature of fluid to your floor. My whole house is infloor and my cabin basement slab. I have zero overshoot. You might be overheating your floor.
Fluid is 118, impossible not to have overshoot unless your fluid is what temp you are targeting.

Top Bottom