best longest lasting rv battery

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, but totally worth it. Even with the 2-6volts and big solar panel, you have to be somewhat stingy on the power. Not anymore...you could land aircraft around my trailer at night, and the volt gauge doesn't even flicker.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like grubs lights would be the way to go alright, the ones tom listed where $25 per light, ouch.

Yeah, not cheap, but I use rigid lighting for all my accessory lighting for my trucks, so I just ordered them when I saw them. A write off for my "mobile living quarters" :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem, was lookin at the rv dealer and his price was in the same range as your lights. right off or not, still way to much. grubbys makes it more economical, he still has his first pop bottle he found in the ditch, he's still waiting for the price to go up. :D

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem, was lookin at the rv dealer and his price was in the same range as your lights. right off or not, still way to much. grubbys makes it more economical, he still has his first pop bottle he found in the ditch, he's still waiting for the price to go up. :D

I really have no idea if they offer any advantages over the other lights posted here, I am a big Rigid Lighting fan, their light bars are crazy for off road use and their Dually's make the best backup/work lights I have seen. Good stuff. Saw the RV lights, ordered 10 on a whim.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I should add that when I am in the RV I like to do a bit of reading at night, the crispness of the LED is what got me to try them out, and I have to say, for reading they are so much better than the old factory lights its hard to explain.

As I was looking at them, all I could here in the back of my mind was my wife "Dont read very long, your going to kill the battery then the furnace fan wont work!". Hearing that a couple of times and didnt care what the LED's cost.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should add that when I am in the RV I like to do a bit of reading at night, the crispness of the LED is what got me to try them out, and I have to say, for reading they are so much better than the old factory lights its hard to explain.

As I was looking at them, all I could here in the back of my mind was my wife "Dont read very long, your going to kill the battery then the furnace fan wont work!". Hearing that a couple of times and didnt care what the LED's cost.

know what you mean the original lights are a dim yellowish light, not the best for reading. i almost bought a few of the dealer led light replacements to try em out a few years back but thought better of it. but at $6 per light may give it a try, or go campin with todd and exchange the lights when he is by the fire drinkin his bubba keg concoction. hope he doen't read this hehe

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
know what you mean the original lights are a dim yellowish light, not the best for reading. i almost bought a few of the dealer led light replacements to try em out a few years back but thought better of it. but at $6 per light may give it a try, or go campin with todd and exchange the lights when he is by the fire drinkin his bubba keg concoction. hope he doen't read this hehe

haha, after one or two Bubbas, I wouldn't know the difference.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff, I'm thinking about ordering some led's, and I believe we have the same Raptor trailer, just wondering what the bulb model is.... 1141's I'm guessing ? It will save me a trip out to the trailer lot, Thanks !

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff, I'm thinking about ordering some led's, and I believe we have the same Raptor trailer, just wondering what the bulb model is.... 1141's I'm guessing ? It will save me a trip out to the trailer lot, Thanks !

Thats correct for the 2 rear interior and 1 porch. The rest are the blade like a 194. I put the blade type with a stick on pad containing led lights. Have done half as a test. I will be ordering the rest.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...2 6's is the best bet. Don't forget these 10x BA15S 1141 1156 SMD bulb Interior light 24-5050 SMD LED, Warm White,#24ZWW | eBay I bought 50 bulbs...every light in my trailer is LED. I can run 21 of these for the same power consumption as 1 regular 1141 bulb.

How long have you been running these bulbs? My track record with LED's hasn't been good. 6-9 months seems to be the best I ever seem to get out of them. I know a regular bulb will last alot longer from my experience.

Top Bottom