BBQ and smoking recipes.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look great, what’s the recipe?

I just “winged” it actually. I oiled them with olive oil, Smoked them for 20-25min than cooked.

I did try spicing them before putting them on the grill, but that IMO didn’t do much for the flavor, the S@V shake overpowered the spice, and the S@V popcorn shake was put on after cooking.

Someone on here mentioned brining them 24 hours prior and I want to try that the next time, along with a bigger batch prepared. I didnt think the kids would like them, they are 7 and 4 and they ate more than I expected, which pleased me.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just “winged” it actually. I oiled them with olive oil, Smoked them for 20-25min than cooked.

I did try spicing them before putting them on the grill, but that IMO didn’t do much for the flavor, the S@V shake overpowered the, and the S@V popcorn shake was put on after cooking.

Someone on here mentioned brining them 24 hours prior and I want to try that the next time, along with a bigger batch prepared. I didnt think the kids would like them, they are 7 and 4 and they ate more than I expected, which pleased me.

You don't have to brine overnight,.. 1-8hrs is fine, The main thing is to boil the salt water and not just mix it together cold, let sit until cool.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got a half a beef last year and had this pkg labeled beef skirt. Didn't know what to do with it so searched some recipes.

Came up with my own blend of bacon, shrimp, mushrooms, and philly garlic and herb. Added some spices and rubs and then folded it in half and pinned it together.

Cooked on 350 on Treager for little over an hour. Turned out great.
add4812b97116a47915e7099405799e6.jpg
2b6a700c1031ea3c2231b531b237ca80.jpg

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ribfest in Leduc this weekend. Started yesterday. Goes Saturday and Sunday.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did chicken kabobs last night using mesquite pellets. They turned out really good. Smoked em for about a half hour before cooking.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smoked a full pork loin the other day, approximately 10lbs of meat, $15. Usd my custom multipurpose dry rub with no sugar and it turned out fantastic after 4.5hrs on the Treager.

Didn’t get any pictures

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These pork back ribs were coldsmoked on my Bradley months ago with Cherry biscuits. I usually cold smoke longer before I freeze them for camping trips. So they were frozen, spiced as well, and now I’m boiling them on the BBQ in ginger ale.
I will finish them off on the grill and glaze them in my favorite sauce.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know how they turn out.

They turned out amazing, Ive been doing this recipe for years now, but its the first time I used ginger ale, I usually use pepsi.
I gave some to my camping neighbors in the RV park for them to try, they loved them.

I try to cold smoke them when ambiant temps are very low, cause I plan on freezing them for camping trips I do not want them to start cooking at all.

I have Bradley’s cold smoke attachment for my smoker as well, is some were wondering.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when u guys cold smoke
what is the temp
and can u do this with a green mountain grill at 150

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In smoke mode this winter on my pit boss I could maintain 110. That was the lowest. My dad wants me to try cold smoking some cheese. This winter is gonna be the ticket for me.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when u guys cold smoke
what is the temp
and can u do this with a green mountain grill at 150

Cold smoke temps on a Bradley are slightly above ambient. Its not controllable, other than choosing a cold day. I prefer to cold smoke below 20degc.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In smoke mode this winter on my pit boss I could maintain 110. That was the lowest. My dad wants me to try cold smoking some cheese. This winter is gonna be the ticket for me.

Ive had cold smoked cheese done on a Bradley, is was delicious. Cold smoked candied salmon is amazing as well.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cold smoking another batch of ribs for the next camping trip! Ambiant temp is 15deg, using hickory biscuits this time.

Top Bottom